1970 Datsun Other
1970 Datsun roadster with a 135 horse power 5 speed transmission. The first generation for the overhead cam Nissan motor. This car was last plated in 1980. If you have any questions call me on the phone. This dirt-covered car came to me with a locked-up motor and flat tires. This car has been outside covered by a tarp for 35 years. I got the motor to free up with oil in the cylinders and rocking it back and forth. I started the motor but it had very bad blow by. I pulled the head and pistons. There was some moisture damage in one cylinder so I honed the cylinders and put in a new ring set. I cleaned the carburetors, a timing chain set, and a set of rod bearings. The original rod set were in great shape, but I replaced them anyway. The rings fit with .018 end gap and first compression test was 110 lbs on all 4 cylinder 3rd puff. The rings haven't set and compression should increase. The motor sounds great. This motor is a standard bore. The crank has never been ground. The head looked like it has been rebuilt at one time. It does needs a tune-up. I didn't replace any plugs points or wires. The body is in great shape. The rust is as minimal as you could ever hope to find. The front fenders have no rust and are nearly new. The windshield is in really good shape I see no rust in the rockers. The rear fenders do show rust and bondo. The passenger side has a rust hole forward of the fender. However the inner rear fenders are solid. The chrome is in fairly good shape. The bumpers look great. The doors fit and shut nicely I am adding some tail light chrome to clean up the rear lights. The interior door panels are good and the dash has a new dash cap. There is a box with the old carpet and a tonneau cover is included but its old and has shrunk. The top bows are complete with all the latches. I bled the brakes and they pumped up. I didn't inspect the calipers to see if anything was seized. All the hydraulics had fluid when I got the car. The rubber in the caps turned to sticky black goo. That may have prevented moisture from getting in the system; they look like they work good. I did have to replace the clutch master to get the clutch to work. The tie rod ends and upper and lower ball joints all feel nice and tight. All the rubber on all the suspension part have turned to a sticky black goo and will need to be replaced. The original muffler and resonator appear to be in excellent shape. You cant drive it home. It will need a trailer. Thanks for looking.