1985 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta 305ci 5.0L V8 - 109,565 miles - Owned 22 years
Price: - Item location: Bargersville, Indiana, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Camaro
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Berlinetta
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 109565
- VIN: 1G1FS87H6FN115267
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 5.0L Gas V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Chevrolet Camaro BerlinettaAfter a ton of time weighing the pros and cons, I've decided to sell my '85 Camaro Berlinetta. I don't know how many owners came before me, but I purchased this in 1998. Honestly, I haven't done too much to this car over the years besides maintain everything and add some aftermarket ground effects very early on. It was my daily driver for 4 or 5 years, then just something I enjoyed driving on the weekend after that. For the past 10 years, I have driven it maybe 5-10 times a year, then winterized it.
I've got lots of info about this car, but here are some highlights:
- Clean title
- 305 5.0L V8 4-bbl - 109,565 original miles. Dependably starts, but its sluggish until it warms up
- Automatic transmission - Sometimes misses the shift to 2nd if at high revs, otherwise shifts fine
- Front disc brakes are in good shape, New drums on the rear brakes
- New batteryalternator
- A/C exists, but it needs recharged and the interior fan inside no longer works (no ac or heat)
- Suspension needs replaced, but its sufficient enough to drive
- Aftermarket cruise control installed
- Brand new wheels and tires. Centerline rims with Mastercraft tires.
- Original Berlinetta radio, but the tape player doesn't work. Last time I had it hooked up (maybe 1998), it did show the time, but that's about it. It is currently installed but not hooked up.
- Original digital dashboard - Mostly works. The speedometer gets some extra lines sometimes. It's still legible
- Windows are tinted and remain in fairly good shape
- New power window motor on driver's side
- Aftermarket ground effects, spoiler, and fiberglass hood
- Paint (Maaco in the early 2000's) There are some spots where tree sap ruined the finish on the roof. Good 30 ft. job, but you can tell it was from Maaco
- Original owner's manual
- Original hood and spoiler
- Z/28 ground effects
- 2 extra taillights
- Custom made subwoofer enclosure for the trunk, including speakers, although I don't know if they still work
I have other pictures available if interested and am happy to take any specific pictures I missed.
Feel free to ask any questions you have. I realize this is not in peak condition, but am hoping someone could continue to enjoy this as their project car or parts car for another passion. I live in the Indy area and can arrange for local pickup. Thanks and take care.