1970 Chevelle SS 454 468 Convertible Air Conditioning Restomod NO RESERVE! 71 72
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Chevelle
- SubModel: SS 454 LS6 LS5 Convertible MUST SELL! NO RESERVE!
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: SS 454 LS6 LS5 Convertible MUST SELL! NO RESERVE!
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: 136670B153793
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 468 Big Block Chevy
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Top, Power Brakes, Power Steering, Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: Rear
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 LS6 LS5 Convertible MUST SELL! NO RESERVE!Year Make Model Trim 1970 CHEVROLET CHEVELLE SS 454 LS6 Tribute Convertible
- Year 1970
- Make & Model Chevrolet Chevelle
- Sub-ModelSS 454 LS6 Tribute
- Body TypeConvertible
- Engine 468 Big Block Chevy
- TransmissionTH350 Automatic
- Rear Axle 10 Bolt Rear
- Exterior ColorCranberry Red w/ Black Stripes
- Interior Color Black Vinyl
- VIN 136670B153793
MUST SELL! - NO RESERVE!
WATCH OUR VIDEOS BELOW
SERIOUS INTERESTED BUYERS ONLY
This is a real auction. Please ask all questions or inspect car prior to bidding.
If your feedback score is below 10, we require that you contact us before bidding.
Please note the video below does not work using the eBay app. Instead, use an online browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari through your phone/tablet or computer. You can also copy and paste the link below.
WALK AROUND & STARTUP VIDEO SEE OUR TEST-DRIVE VIDEO BELOW!Overview
Worried about buying a car because of depreciation over time? According to statistics, a car loses 10% of its value after being driven off the lot and an additional 15-25% per year. When you purchase a car like this, you can drive it, enjoy it, and actually make money over time as these cars appreciate in value every year. The 1970 Chevelle SS Convertible is the most iconic and sought after model of the GM A-Body being that it's only a one-year design. Because they are getting harder and harder to find in great shape like this one, the value climbs up especially as more and more people look to buy one. Don't miss out on an opportunity like this to purchase such a great investment for No Reserve!
We are the 'Name Your Price Tool' of the classic car industry. SO DON'T MISS OUT!
The Chevrolet Chevelle is a mid-sized automobile which was produced by Chevrolet in three generations for the 1964 through 1977 model years. Part of the General Motors (GM) A-Body platform, the Chevelle was one of Chevrolet's most successful nameplates.
Documented as one of the greatest Chevelles ever produced, the 1970 Chevelle SS 454 LS6 model was the highest powered Chevelle manufactured in the modelâ€™s lifetime, which ran from 1964 through 1977, and was the only GM car at the time to have ever topped the horsepower rating of the Corvette.
Ever dreamed of owning a cool classic car that you can just hop right into, start up, and go cruising on those nice sunny days? This car is the perfect choice to drive down the shore and have a good time with the family. No Reserve Classics is proud to list this beautiful and very highly optioned 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Convertible LS6 Tributefor a NO-RESERVE auction! This car is for that person who cares just as much about speed as they do looks. It is definitely not for the faint of heart! It was just recently freshened up, detailed, and is ready for its new owner to park in their driveway just in time for the nice weather. Keep reading below to find out what sets this car apart from most others on the market.
Please note the video below does not work using the eBay app. Instead, use an online browser such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari through your phone/tablet or computer.You can also copy and paste the link below.
TEST DRIVE VIDEO
Test Drive Video[isdntekvideo]
If youâ€™d like more information, have absolutely any questions/concerns, or are interested in a similar car, please contact Joe at (732) 277-9021 for more details!
Under the Hood
- Engine compartment was recently detailed and dressed to an LS6 setup with a few modern upgrades!
- This car is powered by a high performance earth-shattering 468 Big Block Chevy that was built by TLB Auto Machinery in Norwich, Connecticut. It features a full build and dyno sheet indicating over 500 hp and 470 ft/lbs. of torque! The engine was also professionally broken-in meaning it is ready for the streets! The builder of the engine even used a simulator to estimate the 1/4-Mile time to be about 12.50 seconds with the right conditions.
- Just about all of the internal and external components of the engine were either replaced or reconditioned during the time of the build.
- Before theengine was rebuilt, everything was fully disassembled down to the bare block and cylinder heads. The block underwent a full pressure test before being bored. It was then bored .060" over, decked, align-honed, boiled, and shot peened. The cylinder heads were fully milled and boiled before being reassembled
- The rotating assembly underwent a professional restoration as well. Crankshaft was ground and polished, connecting rods were fully reconditioned, and all balanced before being assembled back into the block. Not to mention all of the threaded holes were fully cleaned out, drilled, and re-tapped for reliable installation of crucial fasteners.
- When the engine was assembled, the following parts were completely replaced with high-performance components giving this engine fresh life: main bearings, rod bearings, pistons, piston rings, cam bearings, camshaft, lifters, pushrods, intake valves, exhaust valves, valve springs, valve guides, valve seals, retainers, valve seats, oil pump, freeze plugs, timing chain set.
- Camshaft Specifications are as Follows:
- Comp Cams Hydraulic Flat Tappet Grind 295TH7 -- 11-602-4 (also known as Comp'sBig Mutha' Thumpr Line of Cams)
- .522/.507" of Lift
- 243/257Â° of Duration at 0.050" Tappet Lift
- 107Â° Lobe Separation Angle (LSA)
- Car is backed by a TH350 Automatic Transmission that cruises seamlessly down the road
- Fully New Vintage Air Aftermarket Heat and A/C System that uses modern R134A Freon and blows out ice cold Air for the hot summer days and nice warm air for the colder days!This system isn't just a cheap make-shift HVAC unit.
- The Vintage A/C system is aCOMPLETEunit that comes with ALL new parts such as brand new evaporator box that gets tucked underneath the dash for a cleaner engine bay look, new compressor, new condenser, drier unit, all new hoses, brand new refrigerant lines, and an electronic direct-fit dash control panel that doesn't require major dash modifications. This system was also tested for leaks to make sure this unit is fully operational even for those brutally hot days.
- GM Restoration Parts Certified 2" Cowl Induction Hood
- Edelbrock 4-Barrel Vacuum Secondary Carburetor with Electric Choke that has been recently tuned for easy cold startups, great street performance, and reliability.
- VERY RARE and ORIGINAL GM Stamped 3963569 High Performance Low-Rise Intake Manifold that was used on LS6 454 Engines!
- Cowl Induction Air Cleaner with Correct Decals and Badging
- MSD Pro-Billet HEI Distributor
- MSD Spark Plug Wires
- Power Steering system works great, is tight, and overall a breeze to drive with.
- Power Disc Brake Systemwith the correct stamped Delco-Morraine 11" Brake Booster that has a nice firm pedal and stops great
- High-Flow Polished Aluminum Mechanical Fuel Pump
- High Volume Water Pump
- Chrome Timing Chain Cover
- Braided Stainless Steel Pump to Carburetor Fuel Line
- All new accessory belts and radiator hoses
- Factory-Style Chrome Valve Covers
- Flowtech Silver Ceramic Coated Full-Length Headers
- 3" Flowmaster PerformanceExhaust
- Freshly Replaced Flexplate and Starter
- Freshly Replaced New Deka Battery
- Brand New Prostart Alternator
- Brand New Fan Shroud
- Fully detailed exterior (multi-stage wet-sand, buff, compound, and wax) that brings out the shine on this beautiful car
- The car received fresh paint and body work not too long ago by ASG Body Art in New Jersey. Between the disassembly, body work, paint, and reassembly, over $15,000 was invested during this process. The car was painted the highly-sought after Code 75 Cranberry Red with black stripes that were buried way beneath the clearcoat for a smooth consistent mirror-like finish.
- All the trim and chrome underwent full hand-polishing to get the exterior shining with a beautiful and brilliant luster like the day it was brought home from the dealership
- Black Power Convertible Top with a replacement pump that works great! No more parking and getting out of the car to pull the top down. Flip the switch and you're in business.
- Polished Stainless Steel Windshield Reveal Moldings are present and shine great
- As previously mentioned, this car features a GM Restoration Parts Certified Cowl Induction Hood with the correct flapper valve and chrome hood-pins!
- Front and Rear Chrome Bumpers shine like a mirror which you can even see in the photos!
- Mastercraft Avenger G/T White-Lettered Tires are mounted on the correct 14" SS Mag Wheels with trim rings and SS center caps that shine brilliantly!
- Correct Chevelle Polished Exhaust Tips
- Very nice, clean, and original black interior that was just recently detailed and freshened up! It looks astounding and even gives you that vintage feel when you step inside.
- Front bucket seats with headrests that were refoamed and are super comfortable
- Beautiful Complete Black Vinyl Door Panels
- Black Factory Style 2-Piece Loop Carpeting
- Black Vinyl Sun Visors
- Highly desirable and sought-after center console with the iconic automatic staple shifter
- Rear Viewer Mirror was replaced with an OER Reproduction
- Custom Modern Pioneer DEH-X2700UI AM/FM Radio with CD Player, Aux and USP inputs, and an LED Backlit Display was installed and looks and sounds great! Designed to work seamlessly with your iPhone/Android smartphone or even an iPod/iPad/MP3 player!
- Fully working Original 120 mph Speedometer and aftermarket Bosch Tachometer RPM Gauge
- Brake, Oil, and Gen Warning Lights are all functional which is very rare for classic cars!
- Again, this car has a Power Convertible Top that opens and closes with a simple flip of a switch!
- Correct SS Steering Wheel with working horns that looks great
- Vintage Air Electronic Dash Control Unit that, as previously mentioned, works great and was installed without totally hacking up the dash like some cars you will come across.
- All dash vents blow out ice-cold A/C and nice hot air with just the simple flip of a switch! The factory control unit actually used cables to operate the HVAC unit and over the years the cables become frayed and broke or even get stuck and become very difficult to operate the sliders. This problem is totally eliminated with the electronic setup.
- Correct Black Vinyl Dash Pad
- All Factory GM Marked Seat Belts are in place and are fully functional keeping you safe in your seat on the road with your new classic Camaro
- Body by Fisher Polished Aluminum Carpet Sill Plates
- Nicely detailed underbody
- 3" Dual Exhaust System that let's this Big Block V8 breathe
- Fully Working Parking Break (very rare to come across in classic cars especially automatics)
- Chrome Torque Converter Cover
- Trailing Arm/Coil Spring Rear Suspension with Independent Front Suspension up front that glides so smoothly across today's bumpy roads yet still feels very tight going around corners.
- Rebuilt Driveshaft by Mr. Driveshaft with upgraded universal-joints and a high-speed balancing.
TakeawayTo briefly sum this car up, this 1970 Chevelle is the quintessential classic muscle car that you've been looking for. Whether you have a collection that you want to add this car to or take it out on those beautiful days cruising to get some ice cream with the family, you bet this super highly optioned Chevelle is for you! Not to mention newer modern cars just can't compete with the gulping sound this 468 Big Block V8 Chevelle makes!
We encourage any potential buyers to please visit this car (if possible) as seeing it in a picture is just not going to do this car justice. Please understand that this car was not a frame-off restoration done yesterday and may have some imperfections. As with all classic cars, it may need a few odds and ends down the road as you begin to drive it more often but we would still be very proud to drive this car every day and know for sure you would be too.
AS IS - NO WARRANTY
This vehicle is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle, and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgement solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle.
Unless the car is advertised as an original Mileage car do not assume that the Mileage/Odometer reading is the actual mileage. It is simply what the odometer is reading at the time of the pictures. IT IS NOT ACTUAL MILEAGE UNLESS STATED SO IN DESCRIPTION.Terms & Conditions
Winning bidder must contact us within 24 hours of auction end, and make arrangements for payment at that time. A $1,000.00 non-refundable deposit is due within 24 hours of end of auction. The remainder is due within 7 days of auction end. If no contact is made within 24 hours we reserve the right to re-list the vehicle, sell it to the next highest bidder, or sell it otherwise.
Interested in financing a classic car? We are partnered with J.J. Best Banc & Co. for financing our cars. Contact Chris at (508) 415-1035 for more details.
Buyer is responsible for pickup or shipping of this vehicle. If you wish to have it shipped using a service, we will gladly cooperate. You can locate shippers by doing an online search for 'auto shippers' or 'auto transport'. We have had the best experience using Pilot Transport and Reliable Carriers, Inc. in the past but this decision is solely up to the buyer.Vehicle is required to be picked up (either in person or through a third-party) within 14 days of auction end.
If you are not sure about something, please ask! Do not assume anything that isn't listed will be included. We reserve the right to cancel bids for excessive negative feedback or having a feedback score below 10. We reserve the right to end the listing early if the vehicle is no longer available as our vehicles are for sale locally.
Serious interested buyers only. All non-paying high bidders will be reported to eBay and negative feedback will be posted.
Copyright Â© 2018 Class 1 Classic Cars, LLC. All Rights Reserved