1963 Superformance Corvette Grand Sport - "Rolling Chassis" - GM Licensed
- Condition: New
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Grand Sport
- Year: 1963
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: CGS0017
- Color: Black
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1963 Chevrolet Corvette Grand SportHillbank Motor Corporation is THE leading supplier for a whole range of "replicas", and "continuations". We have two Corporate locations - one in Irvine, California and the other in Tempe, Arizona. At each location, we have over 40 Superformance, Shelby (CSX), and Caterham products on display. Each of the products we offer are FACTORY BUILT, OFFICIALLY LICENSED, AND METICULOUSLY ENGINEERED allowing our customers the peace of mind that comes from making a sound investment.
This listing is for a BRAND NEW Superformance Built, General Motors Licensed, 1963 Corvette Grand Sport "Rolling Chassis" finished in Brilliant Black w/ Black Premium Leather Interior
***Please NOTE - a ROLLING CHASSIS is a Factory Built Car from us MINUS ENGINE/TRANSMISSION.
TheSuperformance Corvette Grand Sport
In late 1962 Chevrolet chief engineer Zora Arkus Duntov set out to build a production run of 125 purpose built Corvette racecars with the ultimate goal of winning the GT class at the 24 Hours of LeMans. Inside Duntovâ€™s shop, the project was known as the LightWeight. As they neared completion, Chevrolet marketing christened the cars Grand Sports. After a pilot run of five cars, GM brass cancelled the project and ordered the cars destroyed.
Zora put away the first two cars, and sent serial #â€™s 003, 004 & 005 to John Mecom of Houston, Texas. John sold the three cars to Texans Alan Sevadjian, Delmo Johnson, and Jim Hall respectively.
In the last International race of his career, Delmo Johnson drove Alanâ€™s GS #003 at Sebring in March of 1965. For that race, Duntov provided the race team with the first racing big block engine ever to leave the factory.
Several engines were used in the first five Grand Sports, perhaps the most famous being the all aluminum 377 cubic inch small block with Weber cross ram intake. A modern version of this original powerplant with 48mm Webers is available today for installation in the Corvette Grand Sport street roller. Seven other powerplants are available from our partners at GM Performance Parts for installation in any of our Grand Sports, ranging from the 350 HP ZZ4 iron small block to the all aluminum supercharged and fuel injected LS9. All these engines carry a 2-year / 50,000 mile warranty serviced through your local Chevrolet dealer.
Standard from Factory:
- Hand laminated fiberglass body with reinforcing inserts. Aesthetically and dimensionally correct body painted with two stage show quality paint finish.
- Original style indicator lenses and head lights
- Original style 15â€ Knock-off rims with spinners.
- Optional original style Front 17â€ & Rear 18â€ Knock-off rim with spinners available
- Original steering wheel design.
- Adjustable Driverâ€™s seat.
- Carpeted interior and trunk.
- Original style pedals, catches, fittings, shifter and hand brake lever.
- Sun Visors with side and rear view mirrors.
- Original style latch and lock seat belts.
- Optional Air conditioning system.
- Optional Power Windows
Chassis and Suspension:
- Tubular steel frame construction
- Fully independent front and rear suspension with half shafts.
- Power steering system
Brakes, shocks and cooling:
- Four wheel Vented disc brakes
Â· - Custom crafted shocks.
- Aluminum, single core hi-performance radiator, shroud, fans and braided lines.
- Aluminum finished firewall which dissipates engine heat.
- Monza style filler with Locking gas cap.
- 17 gallon pressure tested stainless steel fuel tank.
- Headers for a GM based V8 engine.
- Optional Ceramic Coated Exhaust.
INCLUDED FACTORY Options:
- Touring Interior $1,850
- Rear Tail circular cutouts â€œ8â€ & fender vertical slots â€œ4â€ $825
- Stainless Steel Side Pipes $2,500
- Power Windows $925
- Air Conditioning $3,600
- Functional Differential Oil Cooler on Rear Deck (non-functional) $1,200
- 17â€ Front, 18" Rear Aluminum Wheels & Tires $4,250
- In tank LS3 Fuel Pump $1,000
Total Price of Superformance Corvette Grand Sport CGS0017 "Rolling Chassis" = $127,050.00
If you do not see the color that you are interested listed, please send us a message, our "IN STOCK" inventory rotates almost weekly - or - a bespoke one can be ordered from our factory for you at any time.