1973 CHEVROLET C20 Cheyenne 1 Owner Low Miles 454 4 Speed Good Cond. NO RESERVE!
Price: US $3,150.00 Item location: Cape Coral, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: C/K Pickup 2500
- SubModel: C20 CHEYENNE
- Type: Fleetside
- Trim: C20 CHEYENNE
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 73,172
- VIN: CCZ243B114539
- Color: Blue/White
- Engine size: 7.4 Liter 454 CI V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 4-Speed Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Chevrolet C/K Pickup 2500 C20 CHEYENNE* 1973 CHEVROLET C20 CHEYENNE * * True 1 Owner Truck !! * * 454 CI, 4 Spd. Manual * * P.S., P.B. Low Miles ! * * NO RESERVE !! *
I've listed it twice, and both times the winners were non-payers. It is now listed to be sold with NO RESERVE!
Before you is my 1973 Chevrolet C20 (3/4 ton) Fleetside Cheyenne Pick Up.
** Please take a few moments to read throughthe entire listing. The particulars of the truck are as follows:
* First year third generation, and first year of the "square bodied" GM trucks.
* A TRUE one owner, Florida truck purchased new on 11/15/72 from Dimmitt Chevrolet in Clearwater, Florida. The truck has never left the state of Florida. Non-smoker, no pets.
* Still on its original Florida title!
* ONLY 73,172 actual miles!
* No accident collision history, no exposure to salt or winter corrosives.
* Factory Medium Blue/White exterior, one repaint in 1994. Arguably, one of the best colors offered.
* Ordered with a 7.4 liter, 454 CI V8, NUMBERS MATCHING, NO modifications, the engine has never been out of the truck. Strong running, there is NO smoke.
* 4 Speed Manual Transmission (SM465), 1st is a "granny", shifts smoothly throughout including reverse, good clutch
* Factory 4 bbl carburetor, one rebuild
* 14 bolt, 4.10 rear axle
* Power Steering, Power Brakes
* Ordered Radio Delete
* Cheyenne Trim Level
* This is not a restored truck, save for one repaint in '94, which still looks good, the truck is all original.
* Solid body throughout. Floors, frame, firewall, drip rails, cab corners, rockers, door skins, bed, tailgate, etc. (see pics) I have gone around the entire truck with magnets, they adhere. The only rust is beneath the battery tray from battery acid, an easy repair with a replaced fenderliner or pieced in section.
* Nice chrome bumpers, no pits, a small ding on the right rear.
* Nice grill, NO breaks
* All model designation emblems are present.
* Nice bed, no damage, minimal evidence of use. The tailgate opens and closes easily.
* Seat bottom reupholstered many years ago, it has faded.
* Original deep pile carpet, no wear, burns or holes, original rubber floor mats
* Original glass throughout, no cracks or chips, the windshield still displays the last mandatory Florida State Inspection decal from 1982. Both windshield and rear window gaskets are good, not dry rotted.
* Both windows roll up and down smoothly. Both wing windows open and close properly, good wing gaskets. The sweeps and window channels are dried. The weather stripping while still soft and pliable, does have hairline age splits.
* The dash pad does have cracks.
* Good steering wheel
* Good headliner
* Good seatbelts
* Good sunvisors
* The door panel plastic is aged, the metal wood appearance trim is good on both sides with no dents.
* Both doors lock and unlock properly either by key or manually. Both doors release properly by the interior & exterior door handles.
* Original keys, operational pamphlets, sales brochure, warranty pamphlet w/original owners name corresponding with the title, maintenance schedule and owners manual, ALL in very good condition.
* Period fire extinguisher and first aid kit, original bottle jack
* Period DEE ZEE aluminum step boards
* All trim moldings are present
* All interior buttons, knobs, stalks and switches are present
* All safety and convenience features are fully operational, horn, wipers, turn signals, headlights, etc.
* Heat/defrost and fan speed settings operate properly
* Glove box opens and closes properly
* Gauges and monitoring lights operate properly, fuel level, temp, battery, oil pressure, speedometer and odometer
* Recent service included fresh fluids, filters, fuel tank cleaning, brake service, wheel cylinders, calipers, booster, proportion valve, wheel seals, alternator, belts, both radiator hoses, and a water pump.
* The tires are 8 ply, while they still have approx. 50% tread wear remaining, they have slight checking
* Factory wheels, 16.5", nice dog dish caps, spare beneath the bed
* Period (late 70's perhaps '80's) AM/FM radio, it plays
* Period operational CB radio
* Emergency brake holds firmly
* Good dual exhaust, nice sound, side exits
* Turns over on the first hit of the key!
* Tow Package, as equipped, these C20 3/4 ton 454 ci trucks are indicated by GM to be capable of towing 12,000 lbs when properly brake equipped. (vs.only 8000 for a similarly equipped 4wd model)
At 45 years of age, the C20 looks, runs and drives great! It goes down the road straight and stops assuredly. It is a clean, classic truck that always garners compliments. It is increasingly rare truck to find in this condition with a documented one ownership history!
The C20 is easily a daily driver, and/or the first year square body C20 to restore.
A vehicle can be restored 20 times, they are however, only original once. This truck will never go down in value.
You are bidding to purchase the C20, not to be the first to look at it. Thank you.
Please consult with your spouse, therapist, pet or MAGIC 8-BALL prior to placing your bid, as I am not running a clinic for the confused.
Inspections are welcomed and will be facilitated to the best of my ability prior to the auction concluding.
The truck and I are presently located in S.W. Florida. (Ft. Myers/Naples vicinity)
While I am confident that the truck could be driven home to anywhere in the America, I don't advocate it. Old trucks are just that...old. Miles from home in an unfamiliar location is not the place to become acquainted with your "new" old truck. Get it home first I always say.
With that said...if you choose to fly in and drive home, I will gladly pick you up from the S.W. International Airport in Ft. Myers, or the regional airport in Punta Gorda.
Shipping and or delivery is the sole responsibility of the buyer. I will gladly assist to coordinate with your chosen shipper.
I own a Hodges Hauler transport. It is presently with me in S.W. Florida. I will deliver the C20 anywhere in the lower 48 states for $1000.00. (non-negotiable)
NO RESERVE truck!! It will be sold to the last highest bidder.
Bid what you can afford and are willing to pay for the good condition, low miles, one owner, 1973 Chevrolet C20 Cheyenne Fleetside 454 CI, 4-speed manual pick up truck that you see before you.
**If you are "new" to eBay, have 0% feedback, excessive negative feedback or less than 10 transactions you will need to call me prior to placing a bid and express your intentions.
If you do not call me prior, your bid will be cancelled and you will be blocked from further bidding. This is to preserve the integrity of the auction for legitimate bidders/buyers.
These auctions cost money, but more importantly time. I will not waste your time, please do not waste mine. I am a legitimate seller simply seeking a legitimate buyer.
I am not a dealer, I am a collector/hobbyist. Since 2007, I have sold more than 30 of my personal vehiclesthrough eBay. While almost all have had their expectations exceeded, where collector vehicles are concerned, condition is open to interpretation. I am thorough in my description to provide sufficient information in order that one may make an informed decision. My feedback speaks for itself.
** Given the age of the C20, by bidding you acknowledge your understanding that the truck is being sold in "as is" condition, with no expressed, written or otherwise implied warranties.
** A $1000.00 initial payment is due and payable within 24 hours of auction close VIA PayPal. NO EXCEPTIONS.
** The balance is to then be paid within 7 days thereafter, under condition and arrangement made between myself and the buyer. The balance is to be paid VIA a legitimate bank to bank wire transfer, as it provides a documented record of the transaction for both parties.
I DO NOT accept PayPal for the entire purchase amount only the initial $1000.00 payment.
If you are to arrive to transport/trailer the truck for yourself, I will accept cash in person provided that it is picked up within the 7 day's of auction close window.
** I require that the winning bidder contact me by phone within 24 hours of auction close to discuss arrangements regarding balance payment and intentions for delivery/pick up.
The truck and title to the truck will not be released until payment in full has been received. Upon receipt of payment in full, I will overnight VIA FEDEX the title and bill of sale to the new owner.
If you are to fly in and drive home, or arrive to trailer the truck yourself, I will offer the option of hand delivering these documents to you upon your arrival.
Buyers from the U.S., Canada, the UK, Europe, Russia, Australia, and New Zealand are welcome and encouraged to bid with confidence. If the truck is sold to an international buyer, I am available with my transporter to deliver the truck to the appropriate port for reasonable expenses.
eBay provides for 24 pictures. I have selected pictures that best present a concise overview of the truck. If you would like any area specific pictures, simply request them.
I answer my phone quicker than I respond to e-mail. Call me directly with any questions.
If you would like to discuss a "buy it now", call me and present your offer. DO NOT call and ask me, "what's the lowest that you'll take?".
This is an affordable classic Chevy truck that hasn't changed hands multiple times.Soon it will be 50 years old. It's got the right motor, right transmission, and a good ownership history.
Thanks for looking and good luck when you bid!