1962 Chevrolet Bel Air/150/210 Bel Air
1962 Chevrolet Bel Air 2 Door Sedan 409ci / 409hp / 4 speed
This is a numbers matching Bel Air 2 Door Sedan. Only 140 of this model was produced in 1962 equipped with a 409 Cubic Inch engine developing 409 Horsepower with a 4-speed transmission. This vehicle has less than 23,000 miles since originally built in 1972. It was found and restored to near factory condition in the 80s and has been judiciously maintained ever since. The powerful drivetrain has just 2,300 miles on it since the rebuild. Since restoration, this vehicle is always stored in a garage with a custom car cover for added protection. This is a vehicle an avid collector or a person who always wanted a 409 must have for their personal collection or enjoyment. I encourage buyers or their representatives to come look at this car; you will not be disappointed.
- MILEAGE: less than 23,000 miles on the car since 1972.
- ENGINE: Chevrolet 409 CI 409HP at 6,000rpm developing 430fp of torque at 4,000rpm.
- This very nicely restored and very reliable engine comes with the factory correct two Carter 500cfm Carburetors, dual-point ignition and a manual fuel pump.
- Valvoline VR1 Racing Oil is used exclusively in this engine for maximum protection.
- Exhaust – Factory exhaust headers with 2 ¼ exhaust tubing and factory correct mufflers.
- TRANSMISSION: Chevrolet Borg Warner T-10 Close Ratio 4-Speed Transmission with Factory correct shifter.
- FRONT SUSPENSION: Factory correct front suspension restored to like new condition.
- REAR SUSPENSION: Factory correct rear axel and suspension with original positraction with 4.56:1 gear ratio.
- BRAKES: Factory correct rebuilt drum brakes on all 4 corners.
- ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: Period correct wiring throughout the restoration.
- GAUGES: Original gauges in good working order and the factory provided Sun Tachometer mounted on the steering column.
- RADIO: This vehicle comes with the original radio delete plate.
- HEATER: This vehicle comes with no heater as originally delivered.
- WHEELS: Factory correct wheels (14 X 7 front, 14 X 8 rear)
- TIRES: BF Goodrich tires; P190/60R14 front and rear.
- BODY / PAINT: Extremely straight body, all original steel, the Black Onyx paint is outstanding. All windows have the original factory glass. The stainless trim is excellent and the near flawless chrome bumpers help accent the trim of the car.
- INTERIOR: The seats have been recovered with period correct red cloth and red vinyl to give the car a factory appearance. The carpeting and headliner are in excellent condition.
- RADIATOR: Original Radiator.
- GAS TANK: Original fuel tank.
- LICENSE PLATE: The car comes with the correct year of production license plates from California.
Car is for sale locally so I reserve the right to remove this listing at any time. I am selling this vehicle for a friend; the car is stored in Benicia, CA 94510 should a potential buyer wish to see the car or have it professionally appraised. I will facilitate all activities including the final transactions. I can be contacted by cell phone at 707-246-2686. Shipping or pick-up will be in Benicia, CA 94510
| Questions |
· Please take time to ask questions before the end of the auction, as all sales are final.
· I will do my very best to answer all questions as accurately and honestly as possible with the understanding that I am not an expert and I do make mistakes.
- $2000 non-refundable deposit via PayPal is due within 48 hours of the end of the auction.
- Full payment must be received within 7 days of the end of the auction. I prefer payment via electronic transfer of funds to my bank but will always accept cash.
- If full payment is not received within 7 days of the end of the auction, I reserve the right to keep the deposit, re-list the car and post a negative feedback.
Shipping, Handling, and Insurance
- The buyer can pick up the car at any time after full payment has cleared my bank.
- Any shipping and associated cost must be paid by the buyer.
- I will work with the buyer provided shipper to hand off the car to his/her custody for shipment after full payment is received.
- The car must be picked up within 7 days after making full payment.
| Warranty |
- The car is sold in as-is condition with no warranty, express or implied.
- Please read the entire description & view all photos before bidding.
- I reserve the right to disqualify any bidder with zero or negative feedback.
- Feedback is an important part of buying and selling on eBay. Please take a few moments to log into eBay after your shipment arrives to leave feedback.
- Once your feedback has been posted, I will post feedback for you. Feedback is determined based on auction correspondence, prompt payment, etc.
Key Words: Chevrolet, 409, Bubble Top, 4-speed, dual quads, positraction, Bel Air, Super Sport, Impala SS