1964 Chevrolet C20 Pickup 292 cu/in 4.57 rear
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Other Pickups
- SubModel: C20 STEP-SIDE
- Type: U/K
- Trim: Base
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 125,100
- VIN: 4C254S169594
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 292Cu. In.
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gold
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Chevrolet Other Pickups Base
I ask…who would buy a STEP-SIDE C20 ¾ ton.Makes no sense.There are hundreds of ½ ton step-sides, and hundreds more ½ ton and ¾ ton fleet-sides…but very few ¾ ton STEP-SIDE trucks.Under 18,000 C20 & C30 step-sides made in 1964 and 1965 out of over a million total.
I would say it is a rare build.
Runs strong. Recent extensive tune-up that also included new battery, points, plugs, plug wires, starter, and condenser, thermostat, and master-cylinder.
No fluid leaks. 4-speed transmission. Original. Shifts very well. No issues.
Body is in excellent condition. No sheet metal repairs that I know of.
This truck was very well cared for all of its life.
Ownership history statement from the previous owner:
The 1st owner purchased it in Tennessee, and then moved to a farming community in extreme southern Missouri, 10 miles over the Arkansas line.
It was then purchased by owner #2 in the 80's from the original owner, who was the 1st owner's best friend.
Owner #2 had it restored locally 22 years ago. When he died, his daughter inherited it (owner #3) She never drove it much, and was sold to owner #4 (whom I purchased it from recently). I am the 5th owner.
Doors and hood open and shut easily. It even has the original bed wood!
Tires are not new, but acceptable for short trips. No air-leaks that I have noticed.
If the sale price is $10k or over, I will include the following:
1. NEW NEW NEW: GM P/N 3970160 327 Short Block engine (crankshaft, camshaft, timing gears, pistons and connecting rods). NEW ORIGNIAL BORES, NO RUST, FORGED CRANK & RODS...NEW NEW NEW...CIRCA 1969-1970. Casting number 3959512 (high nickel alloy!), Deck Stamp: CEN2N24091, Oil Filter Pad Stamp: 428 0160.
2. 1938-1969 CHEVROLET OEM Dealer Parts Book(s), PERFECT condition
Book #1 Group 0.000 thru 4.000, and Book #2 Group 5.000 thru 17.000.
3. Book: SA278 Muncie 4-Speed Transmissions: How to Rebuild & Modify M20 M21 M22
4. Book: Chevy Small-Block V-8 Interchange Manual by David Lewis Paperback Book
5. Book: Chevrolet Small-Block V-8 Id Guide: Covers All Chevy Small Block Engines since 1955