1956 Chevrolet "Task Force" 3800 Pickup Truck Stepside _ Low Reserve
Price: US $7,500.00 Item location: Youngstown, Ohio, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Other Pickups
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: 3800
- Year: 1956
- Mileage: 53,107
- VIN: 3G56J015606
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 3.9 L Inline Six Cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1956 Chevrolet Other PickupsUp for sale is my 1956 "Task Force" 3800 series pick up truck. This truck is equipped with a 3.9L (235 cu in) inline six cylinder engine with a floor shift four speed manual transmission. I purchased the truck locally from an older gentleman that had it stored in his garage, prior to that it had been in Nebraska. I cannot verify the mileage, due to the mechanical limits of the the speedometer, however mileage was listed over 100,000 on title when I bought it, so I would guess there are 153,107 miles. Before starting the engine, I removed the oil pan to check for any excessive build up and changed the oil. Distributor was removed and oil pump was primed. In addition to this I also (in no particular order):
- Installed (6) new AC-Delco spark plugs (Set to Factory Spec.).
- Installed a new points(Set to Factory Spec.) and condenser.
- Installed new distributor cap and rotor.
- Installed (6) new spark plug wires.
- Installed a new fuel filter
- Installed new intake/exhaust manifold gaskets
- Adjusted the valves(Set to Factory Spec.) and installed a new valve cover gasket.
- Had the carburetor rebuilt by Benchwick Carburetor of Youngstown, Ohio and installed a new carburetor to manifold gasket.
- Checked the compression -> 150+ psi across all six cylinders with no more than a few psi difference between each
- Removed the radiator and back flushed until water ran clear. Same was done with engine.
- New upper and lower hoses, radiator cap, thermostat (Factory temp), and coolant.
- Transmission oil was drained and replaced with proper viscosity Mobil 1 conventional oil.
- Rear axle oil was replaced with proper viscosity Mobil 1 conventional oil.
- Misc. other small items.
To see a video walk around of the truck running, please go to Youtube and search the title "1956 Chevrolet "Task Force" 3800 Series Truck".
Before bidding, please ask any and all questions you might have. I encourage and welcome any serious buyers to come and see the truck before bidding, if possible.Truck is also for sale locally so auction may be ended at my discretion. I have tried describe the truck to the best of my abilities and want the truck to go to a good home with a happy buyer. Please see photos for truck condition. I have a clean and clear Ohio title in my name. This truck is being sold used as is; Caveat Emptor.