Rally Sport CONVERTIBLE, Frame Off, DOCUMENTED original - stunning see VIDEO
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Camaro
- SubModel: Rally Sport Convertible
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Deluxe
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 79,650
- VIN: 124678N342134
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Chevrolet Camaro Rally Sport Convertible
Please ALLOW TIME for the test drive VIDEO and all 65 pictures to load. Also, please take time to read the entire description found below the photos.
This is “the ONE”
- Original ….. (substantially unaltered from factory build)
- Numbers Matching.. (motor, tranny, & Trim Tag)
- Fully Documented … (3 build sheets, Protect-O-Plate)
- Low Mileage …. 79k miles since new, less than 500 now
- Effectively a One Owner … (title shows original owner)
- FRAME OFF …. combo of original & restored
- LOADED with “deluxe” Luxury Options
- it’s the highly sought after RALLY SPORT Convertible
- in Excellent “eye popping” condition
If nothing short of a super desirable “ORIGINAL factory example” will do, them this may well be the 1st Gen Camaro you have been long waiting for. It is special in every way that really counts – the type of car that rarely comes up for sale.
SPECIAL in every way that “counts”
Seasoned collectors and investors know that there is a huge difference between a car of this pedigree and the typical 48 year old Camaro.
This is the “safe-money” investment grade car that not only continues to appreciate, but it trills you visually every time you walk into your garage and only gets better when you get behind the wheel. It’s that perfect combination of being modern enough for comfortable, reliable long distance drives and stunning enough to turn the heads all that see it.
Provenance Documentation ALBUM
Comes with a Provenance Documentation Album that includes:
- Title with Original Owners name listed
- Body Broadcast Sheet #1
- Body Broadcast Sheet #2
- Chassis Broadcast Sheet #3
- Protect-O-Plate, still in its original factory booklet
- original Owners Manual
- original Top Operation Manual
- a DVD & CD of the all the photos in this presentation, the detailed write up as well as the Video all further “documenting the cars provenance”.
INVESTMENT Grade “RS” Convertible
Documented / Numbers Matching / Desirable Options
For those who seek an original car with DOCUMENTATION and all NUMBERS MATCHING the search can be exhausting. Simply put, after almost 50 years, finding a 1st Gen Camaro with a numbers matching driveline AND factory documentation is a long shot…..
…..now, ADD to that the additional requirements of a desirable “HIGH OPTION” example in excellent condition and eye-popping good looks and you have the darn-near-impossible to find rare treasure….. the tri-fecta – the triple crown winner. I know because I have been searching for exactly these type cars for 40 years.
This is THE ONE most purist only dream of finding.
Options, Options & more Options
* Rally Sport PACKAGE ( Hideaway Headlights, etc)
* 327 / 275hp 4bbl engine (EE engine suffix code)
* Powerglide Automatic
* Floor Console / Floor Shift
* Power Steering
* Power Brakes
* TILT Steering
* Tic-Tac-Toc (factory Tachometer)
* Stacked Console GAUGES
* Deluxe Interior
* Deluxe Steering Wheel
* Deluxe Seat Belts
* Deluxe Exterior Trim Package
* Rally Wheels
* Bumble Bee accent STRIPE
* Redline Tires
* Rear Bumper Guards
* Am Radio
* Remote Mirror
Great History & Great Condition
Only 79,650 miles have been put on this car in 48 years. Almost all of these miles were out on it by one man - that man was the original owner Carlton D. Myers of Monroeville OH. Mr. Myers name is on the TITLE as well as the PRO-TECT-O Plate.
In late 1967 Mr. Myers special ordered this “Matador Red” Rally Sport convertible from DORR Chevrolet and took delivery on 11-18-67. For the next 48 years, this car remained in Mr. Myers HOME TOWN until 2 years ago when I purchased it.
When I found out about this car a couple years ago I flew up and purchased it from the Camaro collector who lived in the same town as the original owner had lived. Incredibly, this car lived its entire life of 48 years in one place - the small town of Monroeville OH. It was fussed over and cared for by its original owner for most of its life until Mr. Myers passing at which time it was purchased by the neighbor/collector.
This man knew where all the good local cars where by virtue of the fact he owned the Snap On Tool franchise in that area. Over the years he amassed a nice collection of desirable Camaros and a few Firebirds and stored them in a large metal building. Once in his hands, all of these cars were treated to a quality professional “freshen up” whether they needed it or not. Many of them were low mileage cars like this one but were still treated to sympathetic restorations. They got their drivelines rebuilt and fresh show quality paint. Consequently this beautiful Camaro has a far BETTER than factory paint job and a motor with less than 500 miles on the rebuild. And, as far as I can tell any and everything that may have needed attention got it as this car needs nothing that I can find to be enjoyed immediately. Everything works including the original radio and the hide-away headlights.
Show quality finish on a laser straight body with better than typical fitting panels. The entire presentation is much nicer than factory finish. No wear on the paint – no dings, no scratches and no chips that I can find. The paint is a base coat clear coat in the factory code correct color of Matador Red with the proper black bumble bee stripe and the satin black lower body section separated by the deluxe trim.
Bright Work (chrome & Stainless)
All of the bright work has been professional polished or re-chromed as the case may be. It is all show quality and very complementary of the beautiful Matador Red paint.
MINT “original” Interior
Most of the interior including the seat covers is the original “factory installed” material and as such would be considered Mint Survivor quality – very impressive indeed, especially for a 49 year old convertible. The only interior items replaced where the carpet and the front door panels.
The dash pad is also original and excellent. All the dash instruments and components appear to be original and present very well. Even the interior “dash paint” is original and very nice with only the glove box paint suffering a little scuffing patina. Inside the glove box and inside the console you will find the original factory finishes in mint condition. The original deluxe steering wheel and console are typically the high wear areas yet they remain extremely nice for original. Even the window roller knobs are the original “color coded” factory RED ones and not the reproduction clear ones found in most cars. The interior courtesy lighting works as does all the lighting on the car.
As good as when it left the factory. The floors appear to be 100% original and super clean. Only the trunk plan was replaced and it was done professionally and thus virtually undetectable.
FLOORS: It had the original 49-year-old carpet, which looked good, but due to a “come & go” odor, I elected to replace it. While I had the carpet out I removed the original underlayment and got to see the TOPSIDE of the bare floors ….. simply amazing condition, the best you could hope for with original red-oxide paint still visible and no scary rot out noted (I took PICTURES of the bare floors and they come with the DOCUMENTATION ALBUM that comes with this car). Before replacing the carpet I installed the highest quality sound deadening insulation to give a quite ride.
Windshield is new and crystal clear. The side glass is mint original with the “ASTRO Ventilation” etching in windows
Very correct factory appearance. Not over restored.
Correctly refinished and very nice with correct splatter paint, correct mat and tire cover.
New with new pads and new well liner and new clear back plastic window. includes NEW red boot to cover for the convertible top when down.
Tires & Wheels
Correct 14x6 Rally Wheels that have been refinished and have BG Goodrich red line RADIALS mounted on them. I would say the tires have 99% of tread remaining and look like new tires although I do not know their actual age.
As stated above the mechanical components are in excellent condition. Everything works. The car has smooth on demand power from its 327/275 4bbl engine, which is the sought after “optional” higher horsepower unit. The tranny, just like the motor, is the original VIN #’s matching unit. It is a 2–speed powerglide that somewhat impedes the “potential” performance of the high winding 327, but not for anything other than “streetlight to streetlight fun.
With optional Power Steering and Power Brakes, this is a great boulevard cruiser that can provide hours of enjoyment with no urge to return it to your garage. It truly a pleasure to drive and with the top down it gets more respect than most $200k super cars.
If you would like to learn more about me, please feel free to visit my site MyRod.com and review my eBay feedback below.
my eBay “Seller” feedback
Please take time to review the eBay “seller feedback” on me selling NOTHING but quality Classic Cars . You can see by the price points and the feedback, I specialize in selling premium quality cars.
· Paid $95,000 very pleased with car. Michael was very professional and honest.
· Car as described. Paid $43,000 andPleased.
· Great Car. $38,500. Car as described. Thanks Michael
· 67 Mustang S Code 390, $42,9500, Beautiful Car, Michael is passionate & trustworthy.
· *$54,750 1969 Firebird 400 Conv. Amazing car & transaction, Michael is excellent.
· * Bought a $50,000 Mustang. Great car! Excellent communication. Thanks Michael!
· * $44,000 and 2nd purchase from Michael. Very Recommended.
· * $34,950 for 66 Mustang Conv. Incredible service from Michael. I’ll buy more. Thx
· * Paid $42,500and the car is PRECISELY as Michael represented it to be. Great job!
· * 2nd car I purchased from Michael, always as described. This one for $38,500
· * I purchased my car from Michael Chance for $44,950. Love the car. Helpful seller.
· * Thanks Michael, well worth the $45,000
· * Michael has the BEST CARS on eBay. Paid $58,500for my stunning 67 GT 390!
· * Had an AWESOME car Buying experience! Bought a $49,500Camaro & LOVE it!
· * Michael went above and beyond to assist me. Very good communication. Excellent ! (….$18,950classic truck purchased by this buyer)
· * Traveled from AUSTRALIA, met seller. Unbelievable setup, quality people, quality vehicles, quality service (….$35,000classic truck purchased by this buyer)
· * Paid $65,000for my GTO convertible, very pleased, GREAT CAR. Thanks Michael !
· * Michael sold me this GEM, for$49,950. It is everything I ever wanted and more.
· * My expectations were totally blown out of the water on this $42,000Camaro, EXCELLENT !
· * I was Very pleased with car, Great seller to do biz with, paid $41,000
· * $65,000 1956 Corvett, Amazing transaction, easiest ever, Michael did everything
· * Purchased $37,450 Car from Michael and he was the best to work with A+++++”
· * Purchased $49,950 Classic Car from Michael and love it! Topnotch experience
· * “Superb to deal with! Had absolute confidence in buying a $45,000 classic from Michael”
· * “Great to deal with. Michael has Great Cars, will deal again, AAAA+”
· * “Purchased a $38,000 classic car from Michael, very pleased, highly recommend
· * “Michael just delivered my 64 F100, over $20,000 grand purchase, hassle free”
· * “One of the best I have ever dealt with on Ebay. I would buy from again” (….. $58,100 Trans Am purchased by this buyer)
· * “Michael is top notch, $21,000 Classic Car is awesome!”
· * “fast ship As Described” (…. $33,000 Mustang purchased by this buyer)
· * “What an amazing Impala SS427! U made this a great transaction!! Honest ebayer!” (…. $69,950 Impala purchased by this buyer)
· * “Michael is a honest seller. Thank you for my $59,950 Bel Air”
· * Great Seller, Thanks (…. $42,500 Firebird 400 cvt purchased by buyer, his 2nd purchase from me, first was a $50,000 L78 Camaro)
· * Car arrived as described. Michael was excellent to work with. (….$25,500 Grand Prix purchased by this buyer)
· * 2nd car I’ve bought from Michael. Very helpful & correct descriptions. (…. $24,000 Mustang purchased by this buyer, his 2nd purchase from me, 1st was $28,000 Mustang)
· * Easy to deal with. Quick buy now transaction (….. $24,200 Mustang purchased by this buyer)
· * As described, easy to deal with, good communication, thanks for the FIREBIRD (…. $36,000 Firebird HO cvt purchased by this buyer)
Terms & Conditions of this sell & all legal stuff
Although my eBay experiences have been very positive, I am aware that much goes on within the eBay community that is not positive and therefore requires direct language.
Do NOT make a bid or offer until you read everything below.
Any bid or offer is a legal acknowledgement and agreement on your part to be bound by the Terms and Conditions put forth below and additionally specified within eBay itself.
Have FUNDS ready PRIOR to bidding or making an offer. Full payment must be received within five (7) business days of the end of auction/sale unless I agree in writing to alternative terms.
WIRE TRANSFER IS PREFERRED for US buyers and required for all buyers “outside” the United States.
Cashier’s check, direct deposit or cash in person are acceptable but in ALL cases this vehicle and its title will NOT be released until complete payment is received and all funds have irrevocably cleared BOTH Banks. If paying by Bank Cashiers Check, I must receive a copy of any Bank Cashiers Check in ADVANCE along with your “internal bank contact information” for confirmation of your Bank Check by my Bank. Bank Cashiers checks MUST BE classified by my bank as having irrevocably cleared both Banks prior to my release of vehicle and title.
Loan checks must be agreed to by me PRIOR to you making a bid or offer. Money Orders are NOT accepted.
I have an agency relationship with a Licensed Texas Dealer and all cars will be sold through this Dealer. Texas buyers will have to pay Texas sales tax and license/registration fees. Out of state buyers are responsible for taxes in their own states.
This is a very nice vehicle. However, there is no such thing as a "PERFECT" vehicle...especially when dealing with vintage vehicles. This is not a new vehicle; it is decades old. Even a restored or partially restored vehicle can and will have flaws and normal wear and tear congruent to its age and/or mileage. This vehicle may have minor dings, scratches (or, other imperfections) and indications of wear and use because it has been used.
This vehicle is sold AS IS - NO WARRANTY
This vehicle is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, of any kind expressed or implied. It is the responsibility of the buyer and/or buyers agent to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle (prior to the end of the eBay listing), and to have satisfied themselves as to the condition and value and to bid or offer based upon that judgment solely.
Arranging for an independent third-party inspection is a great way to validate a seller's claims about a vehicle's condition. There are many companies and individuals who offer such a service. These services are listed on the internet and can be found in most collector car magazine publications. Of course your personal inspection and scrutiny are suggested and most welcomed. Any and all inspections must occur PRIOR to the end of this eBay listing.
The seller has made a diligent effort to accurately describe any known material defects associated with this vehicle. Additionally, the seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose at the “buyer's request prior to the end of the eBay listing” any additional specific details important to the Buyer. However, any descriptions or representations from the Seller are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. Everything stated in the description is to the best of the seller’s knowledge. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. The Seller does not expressly, or implicitly, guarantee the accuracy of the description including authenticity or genuineness of the vehicle and/or its components and assumes no responsibility for any repairs or defects regardless of any oral or written statements about the vehicle. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage.
Any and all claims or disputes arising from or related to this transaction, other than a claim for injunctive relief, shall first be submitted to mediation in Denton County, Texas in accordance with the then governing rules of the American Arbitration Association. If the parties cannot resolve their dispute through mediation, they shall have the issue resolved through arbitration with the then governing rules of American Arbitration Association. Judgment upon an arbitration award may be entered in the District Court for the County of Denton, State of Texas. Parties shall bear their own costs related to any mediation or arbitration proceeding.