1969 Chevy Camaro - 383 CID SB Stroker - 4-Speed Manual - Turn-Key Driver!!!
Price: US $18,500.00 Item location: Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Camaro
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Z-28 Clone
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 28,555
- VIN: 124379N546119
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 383 CID Chevy Small Block Stroker
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 4-Speed Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Chevrolet CamaroUp for your consideration is a complete, and turn-key, 1969 Chevrolet Camaro equipped with a mildly-built 383 CID small block stroker and a 4-speed manual transmission. I have personally owned and driven this car for over 18 years and would consider it's current condition to be on the lower-end of "good". As many car enthusiasts often do, I had grand-plans for an eventual and elaborate restoration of this car (my very first); however, my priorities have switched to my family/career now, and I cannot stand to watch this car slowly deteriorate knowing it will be decades before I can get to back to it. This car is still meticulously maintained and is driven and enjoyed, on-average, about once a month (~2,000 miles/year).
Mechanically, this car is very-sound and has been updated across the board. It starts, runs, and drives excellent. All systems (engine, transmission, steering, suspension, brakes) have been completely rebuilt, and/or updated, over the last 10-years and function as they should. There are a few exceptions/caveats to this, as there are in all 40+ year old cars; however, I would not hesitate to jump in this car and drive it anywhere. More specifics on the current components are detailed below. I would estimate the engine/transmission to have approximately ~30,000 on their existing builds.
The body/paint is where this car is starting to need some attention. For the last 12 years, the car has been a garage-queen; however, our humid central Pennsylvania summers have unfortunately not spared it completely from rust development. The car still looks surprisingly good from a far; however, on closer inspection, areas of minor rust-bubbling and paint damage are easily seen. The current areas of rust on this car could be easily halted, and the existing paint touched/freshened-up, if your goal was to make/have a driver car. If a showpiece was what you're after, the car should be painted in its entirety. Please examine the myriad of photos carefully, and ask any questions you have on the rust/body before bidding. I will be happy to answer detailed questions and/or email you additional photos of areas you would like to see.
The "standard" black interior is in real-good condition overall. The seats are comfortable and free from tears. The carpet is brand new (last-year) and the dash/instruments are original and nice. This car is a factory A/C car; however, the previous owner removed all of the under-hood/interior components that make this system function. The heat, and all interior lighting, are hooked-up and working. There is no headliner/sail panels currently in this car. I removed them when I replaced the carpet last year (they were still the original "puke-green color") and never got around to replacing them. The speedometer also does not work (not the gauge). This is due to the main-shaft gear in the transmission being misaligned (happened when I rebuilt the transmission). Not a hard fix; however, it does involve pulling the tail shaft cover off the tranny, and the lack of speedometer never really bothered me enough to do it. The car also has an aftermarket CD player, mini-tach, and engine gauge cluster installed (all-work).
Please ask any/all questions you may have on this car PRIOR to bidding. If you are serious about the car, and don't mind having an old-school phone conversation with me, my phone number is (814) 777-3727. The car is located at my home in central Pennsylvania and can been seen/driven by appointment. Shipping/pickup arraignments are the exclusive responsibility of the buyer (I will assist where I can) and a $1000 deposit is due, via PayPal, within 24 hours of the auction close. Full payment for the vehicle is due within 7-days; however, the car is inside, and I can be flexible with pick-up (within a month unless you personally make other arraignments with me). A clear Pennsylvania title for the car is in my possession and willtransferto the buyer at pickup. PAYPAL is only accepted for the required $1000 deposit within 24 hours, payment in full through this method will be immediately returned to buyer.
Some additional specifics on the car and updated components are as follows (I'm sure I'm missing things, so don't hesitate to ask questions):
- Factory power disc brakes;
- Factory power steering;
- Factory mono-leaf rear suspension (springs replaced w/new ~5-years ago);
- Factory open 10-bolt rear (3.31 gears);
- Factory 15"x7" Rally-Wheels w/Full Spare (sand blasted & painted last-year);
- BRAND NEW Good-Year Eagle GT-2 Tires(<2,000 miles);
- All suspension bushing/body-mounts replaced with new Polyurethane type;
- Rebuilt Borg-Warner T-10 4-speed transmission;
- Center-Force Dual Friction clutch/pressure-plate;
- Mr. Gasket performance 4-speed shifter;
- 40-series Flowmaster mufflers & custom duel exhaust; and
- 4-core copper radiator.
- No expense spared on professional machining and component/assembly balancing;
- Allbolts/studs replaced with new SS ARP brand fasteners;
- Factory GM 350 CID block bored +.0030 over;
- Remanufactured GM .194" valve iron heads;
- Summit Racing 383 crankshaft;
- Summit Racing Stage-2 connecting rods;
- Kieth Black Hypereutectic pistons (10:1 Compression);
- Comp-Cams performance camshaft/lifters/rods/roller-rockers;
- Edelbrock aluminum performer-RPM intake;
- Holley high-volume mechanical fuel pump;
- Holley street-avenger 770 CFM carburetor w/E-Choke;
- Miloden 6-QT Oil pan;
- K&N air filters;
- Edelbrock aluminum water pump;
- GM-Performance valve covers & wire looms;
- MSD Pro-Billet electronic distributor w/6AL control box & rev-limiter;
- Hooker tubular exhaust headers; and
- Engine runs 40-60 PSI oil pressure at normal operating temperatures.