1967 Nova SS Pro Touring
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Nova
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: SuperSport
- Year: 1967
- Mileage: 2,500
- VIN: 118
- Color: Viper Blue
- Engine size: LS1
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black and Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1967 Chevrolet Nova
Well it is time to sell my 1967 Nova SS (True 118 Car). I have owned this car for 30 years now, first car I ever bought. It has seen a few changes in its life. Stock, street racer and now Pro-Touring. Every nut, bolt, glass, chrome, stainless, etc is ALL NEW!!
These days the pro-touring scene can feel a bit like the pro-street scene – a bunch of show cars built solely for aesthetics. Sure, they all look good with wide wheels and giant brakes, but how many could successfully conquer an autocross course? The number is probably smaller than you think. It’s why we never get tired of builds like 1967 Chevrolet Nova SS. Sporting a 500hp Carbureted LS1 Carbureted, a Built 700R4-speed, an industrial strength drivetrain.
So where do you begin with a Nova like this? Probably on the outside where rust-free California sheet metal served as the foundation. Charlie’s Auto body in Riverside took care of the paint and body and certainly did a great job transforming this Nova into a show stopper. The first thing that jumps out is the color 2008 Dodge Viper Blue. There were no less than three blues available on the ’67 Nova but this one doesn’t compare to any of them – it’s more vibrant and lustrous than factory colors could dream of being in the era. Another huge factor is the body work below that top coat. Behind the laser straight quarters, the car has also been DSE mini-tubbed to accept a 10-inch wide wheel.
Pro-touring is about usable power – not just big numbers on a show board. With that in mind, it’s hard to think of a better platform than GM’s LS1. I built this engine to move, on paper it shows about 500hp to the flywheel. I never had the car Chassis Dynod, but I wanted too. Hand ported LS6 (243’s) which flow great. These heads are also milled to bring the compression to 11.1 so I can run pump gas (91octane). MSD ignition runs all the engine electronics. The FI was removed and I opted for carburation to make it look old school. It has an Edelbrock Vic Jr. intake manifold and a 780CFM Pro-Systems Carburetor.
Take a look underneath this Nova and you’ll find even more high-tech hardware and meticulous workmanship. The stock sheet metal front end is supported by a full Church Boys Racing (CBR) Chevy II front which houses tubular upper and lower control arms, double adjustable Viking coilovers, a splined sway bar, and manual Rack n Pinion. The updates continue out back where a factory 1966 Chevy II 12 Bolt posi(very rare) with a Eaton posi and 3.73’s. Ridetech four-link system works with a set of Viking coilovers to keep the rear planted. The 4-wheel Wilwood brake system consists of 14-inch front and 13-inch rear, fed by braided hoses throughout.
The custom interior is very soft custom black vinyl and suede accents, custom door panels and headliner in suede also. I made the custom console and added the Pioneer 7” Navigation system. This has new Nu-Relics 4 power window kits and billet switches. The factory bucket seats have sport seat foam added for a more comfortable ride and sport feeling. The custom stereo uses the Pioneer 7” Head unit with NAV, 1200W Belva 12” sub woofers, 2 6x9 Pioneer rear speakers and 2 5.5 Pioneers for the front.
- Built LS1 Carbed 500hp with hidden coil packs
- Built 7004R Trans with 2000 convertor
- Full CBR billet shafts, tubular arms front suspension
- Viking double adjustable coil overs
- Ridetek rear 4-link
- Competition Engineering Sub Frame connectors
- Factory 12 Bolt Posi w3.73’s
- Custom Interior and trunk
- Underside fully POR-15 coated
- Custom 18x10 and 18x7 Bonspeed Detroit Rims 295/35/18 rear and 245/35/18 front
- 7-Speed DSE Hidden Wiper Kit
- Viper Blue 2 stage paint.
- Steel SMD Hood
- Wilwood Big Brake Kit, 4 piston and 6 piston calipers.
- Ringbrothers Air Frame Billet hood hinges
- 1-3/4” 304SS LS1 headers with 3” Stainless steel X Pypes exhaust with Flowmaster 50 Series
- Jegs Ulta Quiet HP Fuel Pump
- New Stock stainless steel gas tank and fuel lines.
- Lokar gas and brake pedals
- Factory rebuilt heater box and controls
- Ididit tilt column with custom steering wheel
- AAW full wiring kit
- ALL new glass
Car is For Sale Local, I can stop Auction at anytime