1984 Cadillac Coupe deVille - Gorgeous Example - LT1 Powered!!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Cadillac
- Model: DeVille
- SubModel: Coupe DeVille
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1984
- Mileage: 98,000
- VIN: 1G6AM4784E9147956
- Color: White
- Engine size: 5.7L LT1
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1984 Cadillac DeVille
1984 Cadillac Coupe deVille
This is a GREAT car.It is super clean has been mostly restored. It is in very good overall condition. Please read this ad carefully because this car is incredibly unique. The car is owned by my father, but I have been responsible for all of the work and maintenance being done on the car.
In 2012, the not so good and quite old Cadillac 4100 motor began to fail (90k miles). Rather than rebuilding that boat anchor we decided to install an LT1 motor. After a bit of research, we learned that the frames on these cars from 1977-1996 were identical as far a body mounts go. We found a 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham that had been lightly hit in the rear quarter panel and was totaled. We purchased the car with an excellent maintenance history and 90k miles on the odometer.
We removed the 1994 frame from the 1994 body and installed it under the 1984 body. This means that this awesome 1984 Coupe is rolling on a 1994 chassis which means it has the Corvette Inspired LT1, 4L60E overdrive transmission and the entire modern fuel injection system (even the tank is the plastic tank from 1994).
This car only has 98k miles!! The interior is original. The seats, dash, carpet, everything is in amazing condition. The car just shows amazingly well.
In the last 6k miles (5 years) the following has been done to the car:
· Chassis Swap with LT1 Corvette Inspired Engine and 4L60E Transmission
o Stock Speedometer still works
o AC Works Great - R134A
o Everything inside works as it should (note Cruise Control was not installed)
· Hotchkis Swaybars (front and rear)
· Monroe Shocks (all 4 corners) – Rear are Air Shocks
· 3.42 Rear Gears Installed with Posi-Trac
· Moog Steering Components (all of them)
· Impala SS Steering Box
· Moog Problem Solver Upper and Lower Control Arms (no dried out bushings)
· New GM Body Bushings and Body Bolts
· New Paintjob (car was originally white, just freshened up)
o Lots of metalwork was done to make sure the body lines were on the money
o It is not perfect but is 100x better than other cars of that generation
· New NOS headlight trim, Turn Signal Lenses and rear Taillight Lenses
· Low mile (25k) front bumper
· New Windshield
· High End Memphis Car Audio System (speakers, amp, subwoofer)
· Sony Radio
· Recovered Headliner and Sun Visors
· Autometer Gauges in Custom Center Console
· Custom Trunk Kit by 2S Manufacturing (www.2smfg.com)
If you are looking for an awesome car to drive around and enjoy without having to worry about lots of issues typically related to cars this old; this one might be the one for you. The car has been garage kept its entire life and it shows.
The car is being sold as-is, its not perfect and we are not claiming that it is. It is however in much better condition than most cars its age. The car does leak a few spots of oil after being parked. This is not uncommon with these cars but is something you will want to address at some point. Since these pictures were taken a couple of weeks ago, one of the center caps fell off. All caps were replaced with reproduction style Impala SS Center Caps with no logos (last picture)
The car is garage kept and stored about 45 minutes North of Dallas, TX. If you would like to see it in person we can certainly setup an appointment to make that happen. If you decide to buy and ship, shipping will be the responsibility of the buyer. We are happy to meet the shipper and make sure the car gets on the truck. Please note that final payment will need to clear before the car or title is released.
Don’t miss out. Haven’t seen another one like this and you may not for a long time to come! Reasonable reserve!!