1939 Buick Century Sport Coupe Model 66S
- Make: Buick
- Model: Century
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 2-Door
- Year: 1939
- Mileage: 82,993
- Color: Brown
- Engine size: Super 8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Brown
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1939 Buick Century 2-Door1939 Buick Century Sport Coupe
This 1939 Buick Century Series 60 Model 66S is a complete car that is screaming for the restoration to be completed!
In 1939 the stock Buick Century Series 60 included the following:
- Valve-in-head straight-eight engine - Rore and stroke3 7/16 x 4 5/16 inches. Displacement 320.18 cubic inches. Compression ratio, 6.25 to 1. 141 horsepower at 3600 rpm. Full-pressure lubrication. Counter-weighted crankshaft.
- Fuel can cooling system - Dual downdraft carb., heat control, automatic choke, idle control. Intake silencer, by-pass water temp control, 18 gallon fuel tank and more!
- Clutch and transmission - Single dry plate clutch. Synchro-Mesh transmission. Semi-floating rear axle. 3.9:1 ratio with universal joint
- Rigid transom X-type frame.
- And more!
- Rear end
- Pallet with engine block and parts
- Pallet with seating
- Pallet of lighting and electrical accessories
- Fuel Tank
- Pallet of tires and miscellaneous accessories
Brief owner's history: My dad bought this car in fairly decent, drive-able condition. This car was his passion. He machined a lot of the hardware himself. Painted and powder coated, scrubbed and swore and painted some more. After his passing, I carefully boxed everything up, labeled what I could and moved everything into another in-door storage facility. I will post additional pictures upon request, or as space becomes available. As I mentioned, this is a complete car and if you've ever done a frame-off restoration you will understand that photographing everything he did and posting the pics is well . . . just not feasible! The frame, rear end and engine have been restored. I believe the engine and all other components are stock and in various stages of restoration.
Flatbed, or large enclosed box truck needed for pick up. We have access to a forklift to assist with loading and will shrink-wrap all pallets However, shipping arrangements, completed loading, insurance, etc. are the responsibility of the buyer.
Please, no trades.