Tired of fake plastic cars? Check out this classic BMW e30 1989 325i convertible
Price: US $4,850.00 Item location: Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 3-Series
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1989
- Mileage: 230,000
- VIN: WBABB1309K8275291
- Color: Bronze
- Engine size: 2.5L 168 hp I6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: Cassette Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1989 BMW 3-SeriesI have owned this BMW convertible for 3 years and it has made my daily drive a ton more fun. This is a classic car (you can apply for historic plates if you want to) but it isn't a touchy museum piece, this car is made to ride and has plenty of updates to keep it running strong for years to come.
It also boasts some surprisinglymodern features like seat warmers, a great sound system, and the optional computer upgrade is on this car to alert you to fluid levels, oil changes, etc. to make maintenance a lot easier. It gets decent gas mileage.
This is a 5-speed manual and if you are new to manual, it would be a great car to learn on. You really experience the reward of controlling the driving experience with this car - it feels amazing on the road.
I always garage the car and keep the leather seats cleaned, wax the car twice a year, regular maintenance was done on time. I just had the car looked over by a local, certified BMW expert who has continually serviced the car going back before I owned it. I have the approved Safety Inspection and Title in hand. This car is well set up to keep driving for many years to come.
- new timing belt
- fantastic heating, this is a surprisingly great winter car, stays toasty warm
- new suspension
- new tires
- new rear brakes- recently replaced clutch (no need to worry about an old transmission on this car!)
- re-leathered seats
- new radiator tubes- new brake lines/cables- working radio and stereo
- some hard to see rust in the driver rear wheel well and under front lights: it has not grown or changed since I've owned it- A/C blows but not strong, you could recharge it if you want to.
- if it pours, there is a small leak in the top over the passenger seat. You could get new seals affordably, but it's never really bothered me enough to do it myself. - the carfax showed an incident in '98 though I have not known any problems from it. I am not sure of the details it could be a fender bender, listed as "minor."- this is a great car for date night and feels way more fun to drive to dinner in than my Honda Fit
You may find cars with fewer miles, but that doesn't mean they are in as good of shape as this one. Years matter with cars too and this one has been refreshed with new parts - all the work has been done by a certified BMW specialist, a legend in the local mechanic world. He is a living BMW encyclopedia. I have service records to include with the sale. Don't miss out on this well-cared-for BMW classic.
My neighbor ships cars professionally, I could ask him for a quote for you if you are interested. Sold as is.