1987 BMW 325i Convertible, highly optioned
- Condition: Used
- Make: BMW
- Model: 3-Series
- SubModel: Convertible
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: 325iC
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 115,981
- VIN: WBABB1304H8270251
- Color: Cinnabar Red
- Engine size: 2.5L Inline 6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 BMW 3-Series Convertible
For sale is my 1987 BMW 325i Convertible. It is a Cinnabar Red exterior with a black leather interior and a black canvas convertible top. I have owned the car for just over 4 years and have put about 22k miles on it in this time. I have garaged it during entirety of my ownership. It will come with a complete service history from my time of ownership, an incomplete service history from the previous 3 owners, and the original manual/service booklet with stamped original service.
When I purchased the car the odometer was inoperable, at the time it read 94,840miles. It was fixed with a kit from OdometerGears within 3 weeks of my ownership. Given what I know of the car's history from the previous owner it seems the car was driven very little for a number of years before I purchased it, I imagine the real mileage is only somewhat higher than it is now, I guesstimate about 20k more miles.
Exterior -- 7.5/10
• Cinnabar Red paint, as far as I can tell all original and 29 years old. Normal wear and tear for the age. Some rock chips, thin scratch on passenger side door, ding and scratched paint next to and below driver side tail light, dime sized surface rust spot below chrome trim from driver side rear window.
• Top is 3 years old and was professionally replaced
• Real BBS gold wheels with a chrome lip, these are original dealer installed option as far as I can tell. They are not perfect but I think in good shape for the age.
• Recently refreshed fog-lights with BMW emblem covers
• Smiley style headlights, installed last year after one of the sealed beams burned out.
• All shocks replaced, hood, trunk, and convertible top lip.
• New front convertible top front seal installed last fall.
Interior -- 9/10
• Original black leather interior with sport seats, 3 spoke steering wheel
• Crack free dash
• 9 Button computer
• Alpine deck with USB, AUX, and a 30pin iPod connector in the glove box, the factory amp has been wired around so the L/R Balance switch on the dash does not work, speakers are stock
• Schmiedmann Convertible floor mats
Drivetrain -- 8.5/10
• Timing belt serviced when I first purchased the car, ~20k miles/4years ago
• Coolant hoses, accessory belts, thermostat, tensioners serviced at the same time as timing belt
• Alternator replaced 3.5 years ago, lifetime replacement warranty O'Reiley's
• Ignition wires, distributor rotor and cap were replaced 2 years ago
• Valve cover gasket replaced, and valves gapped and adjusted this Spring
• Transmission and differential oils changed this spring
• Coolant serviced last summer
• AC System serviced and recharged last summer
• Fuel filter and high pressure fuel pump replaced 3.5 years/18k miles ago
• Clutch slave cylinder replaced 4 years ago, clutch master cylinder replaced 3 years ago
• Clutch replaced 2 years ago along with majority of shifter bushings, as well as the rear main seal
• Driveshaft flex disk replaced this spring, as well as a shifter input shaft seal which was causing a slow transmission oil leak when I was driving and shifting through the gears.
• Bilstein Sport shocks installed, rear shock mounts replaced, front control arm bushings replaced 3.5 years ago
• Tires were replaced as soon as I purchased that car and have about 21k miles on them
In the interest of full disclosure, I must say that 3 years ago the car suffered a break in where the thieves cut the convertible top, got in the car and stole the Alpine deck that was installed in it by the previous owner. I filed a police report and also filed a claim against myself with the insurance company to get the top as well as the stereo replaced at qualified shops.
I'm selling this car because I'd like to focus on my other car and free up room in the garage.