1961 Volkswagen beetle All original
Price: - Item location: Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Beetle - Classic
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1961
- Mileage: 1000
- VIN: 1111111111111111111
- Color: Black
- Engine size: Flat 4 cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1961 Volkswagen Beetle - ClassicThis 1961 is 99% original. It has a new starter. This Volkswagen is unmolested. No restoration other than all rust removed and replaced with new metal this includes floor boards. This is the original 6 volt system, it has not been converted. The engine was completely removed and every aspect rebuilt. This Beetle starts â€¦the first time every time. I have only used 100% gasoline (NO Ethanol) in the engine to ensure all systems are maintained as original. Driven once a week for about 10-25 miles or to the nearest intown car show. Just to ensure all systems are working. It is always covered and cared for. It has new tires, brakes have been gone through and refurbished, with the pads being replaced. This VW comes with the roof rack as well. The Rack is in perfect shape. I will also throw in a 1960's era water cooler, wicker basket and Samsonite suitcase to complete the deal. It comes with 4 keys: two for the doors and 2 for the ignition. finally it has the Flat 4 gravel guards on the front and rear fenders. These are period correct for this beetle. I would not hesitate to drive this vehicle across country as they used to back in the day. As you can see it has the original unbroken snowflake tail lights. That WORK. I also have the original owners manual downloaded on my phone. I can send you this as well. It has every single thing you need to maintain this vehicle. Even the bamboo shelf goes with it!
Now for the very rare part.
- This VW beetle is numbers matching throughout. The engine/transmission/chassis all match the manufacture date of 10/1960. VW always pushed the year forward 1 year after manufacture. Anyone who knows VW's this is extremely rare find. The engine is a 1200 cc engine 40 horsepower 6 volt system. Up 4 horsepower from the 1960 beetle. It will go 70+ miles per hour on the freeway.
- This VW beetle was manufactured in 10/1960 and they did not come out with the fuel gauge added to the dash until 1962. But since it was manufactured in the 4th QTR of 1960 it received the manual fuel gauge.
- This VW beetle is the last year of the Wolfsburg symbol on the front of the hood as well. The removed them in 1962. So in summary is has the best of the transition years without missing anything.
- It also comes with a Real German license plate from Germany.
- Finally, you will see that it has the optional 17 piece tool kit in the original case that fits into the tire hub in the front. This is extremely rare. You will find some with a few pieces but rarely does anyone have all of them with the original case.
This vehicle is being sold as is with no implied warranty of any kind. Buyer who meets or exceeds the reserve price will have 24 hrs to contact the seller and make arrangements for deposit/payments. Deposit is 10% down within 48 hrs and remaining balance is due in 5 days from deposit of down payment. Cash and bank, cashiers check will only be accepted. Wire transfers are possible.