1987 Pontiac Fiero GT - 5 Speed - ** V8 **
Price: US $10,900.00 Item location: Hudson, Wisconsin, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Fiero
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 78500
- VIN: 1G2PG1196HP229884
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Manual
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Pontiac Fiero1987 Pontiac Fiero GT. 5 speed manual transmission. SBC ZZ4 V8 Swap using V8 Archie Kit (http://www.v8archie.us/). Swap done by previous owner in 1999/2000. New clutch 700 miles ago (Spec Stage 3 Plus), flywheel (V8 Archie) short throw shifter (Rodney Dickman) and shifter cables (Fiero Store). Low miles, only 78,500 original miles on body and only around 11,000 on engine, which was just refreshed spring of 2019. Stored every winter. Driven only in nice weather.
- Exterior - body panels and glass in good shape
- Interior - no stains or rips - cloth in good shape
- Dash - no warping
- Taillights are in great condition
- Engine refreshed Spring of 2019
- Short Throw Shifter - April 2019
- New Shifter Cables - June 2019
- New Clutch - August 2019 (Spec Stage 3 Plus - https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sxc-sc883f and http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000001/HTML/20070315-2-070052.html
- New Flywheel (V8 Archie) - August 2019
- New Upper Right Ball Joint - September 2020
- Upgraded brakes (Grand Am Conversion - http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/130782.html)
- Upgraded 17" Wheels.
- Lowering Springs
- Great Power (what the Fiero should have had from the beginning!)
- Sounds great at idle, and amazing while driving
- All gauges work
- Both Pop up headlamps work
- Tires (225 front, 245 rear) are OK, but are older
- Paint is good - had a respray done during previous ownership in the mid-2000's, but there are a few small scratches, but nothing major (see images).
- Original Radio not installed - currently has another tape deck but I do have a Pontiac Radio w/ CD player from a 1998 Trans Am that will go with the car and look like OEM (see images)
- Speakers are original, and though they do work they won't blow you away
- Headliner is good, couple small wrinkles but overall pretty good
- The trip meter works intermittently
- The power windows work, but are a bit slow
- The dew wipes are OK, but starting to show wear
- No A/C installed. It can be added - there is definitely room, I just never had the need for it.
- Couple drips of oil here and there after sitting a while - this has been the case since swap 20 years ago, and nothing concerning. Same at the case half of the transmission.
- Since the V8 engine's redline is lower than the original engine's, there is a light installed in the drivers center stack vent that lights up when you get to 5,000 RPM - pretty cool
- I have a spare Getrag 282 transmission that will go with the car (if desired by buyer). I was told it had approximately 40K miles on it.
- Currently, an oem style radiator is installed. This performs well - no heat issues, though the fan is set to always run. I do have a high performance 4 tube radiator that I've never gotten around to installing (because there was no need). This will come with the car if the buyer desires.
I'm a long time Fiero enthusiast and owner. This is the 4th one I've owned during my adult life and also my favorite (others were '88's, some with stock engines, some with mods). This one is by far the best one I've had - it is a hoot to drive and will be a great addition for any collector or enthusiast.
I'm an enthusiast, not a mechanic. Inspections prior to end of auction are welcomed. Buyer is responsible for pick-up or shipping. $1000 PayPal deposit required within 24 of end of auction. Balance in Cash or Certified Cashier's check from US Bank within 7 days. If check - confirmation of clearing needed prior to making car available for pickup. I've sold (and bought) a number of cars on eBay over the last 10 years - my feedback is 100% positive.