1987 Pontiac Fiero GT V6 With 5-Speed Getrag Transmission
Price: - Item location: La Crescenta, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Fiero
- SubModel: GT
- Trim: GT
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 189,566
- VIN: 1G2PG1197HP225942
- Color: Black
- Engine size: V6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Pontiac Fiero GTThis is a 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT V6 with a 5-speed manual transmission. It is black in color with a moon roof. The moon roof is water tight and does not leak. This Fiero also comes with a factory spoiler. This Fiero comes with 18'' Tenzo R black rims with a polished lip. Front and rear tires have lees than 2500 miles on them. The front tires are 225/40ZR18 92W XL KUMHO ECSTA 4X. The rear tires are 235/40R18 92Y GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRIC. These tires are high performance and in great shape. I have provided photos of the tread. The paint is ok. I would rate it a 5 because it has small imperfections. The largest ones are on the rear bumper and there is residue from advertising stickers from the shop that installed the rims and tires placed on both doors that I had taken off because I did not authorize them to put them on. You can't see them unless you look closely but there are there. Both headlight motors are in working conditions without any issues.
I have done a lot of mechanical work on my Fiero within the last two years;
- Both rear calipers have been replaced along with all four brake pads.
- Both rear rotors have been replaced.
- The brake system has been flushed, bled and all fluid replaced.
- A new clutch has been installed.
- The clutch master cylinder as well as the slaved cylinder have been replaced.
- Whole clutch system has been flushed, bled and all fluid replaced.
- Transmission fluid has been drained and replaced.
- Main engine/transmission seal has been placed as well as the upper plenum gaskets.
- Expansion plugs on engine block have been replaced.
- Spark plugs, wires and distributor cap with rotor have been replaced.
- Throttle body and fuel injectors have been serviced and cleaned of carbon deposits.
- Both battery cables, fuel filter and air filter have been replaced.
- Water pump has been replaced.
- Started has been replaced.
- Alternator has been replaced.
- Head gaskets have been replaced.
- Thermostat housing and housing gasket have been replaced.
- Coolant fan switch has been replaced.
- Radiator has been replaced as well as cooling system flushed and coolant replaced .
- Coolant temperature sensor as well as coolant sensor pig tail have been replaced.
- Drivers door lock has been replaced.
- Shocks and struts have all been replaced with KYB shocks and struts.
- Ball joints on front suspension have been replaced.
- Left front wheel bearing has been replaced.
I have done some cosmetic work as well;
- Both rear quarter windows have been replaced with after market product.
- Both sun visors have been replaced with grey custom Fiero emblem embroidered sun visors.
- Shifter boot has been replaced.
- Center console piece has been replaced with clearly marked shifting diagram (very hard to find).
- There is a Pioneer Premier radio single CD player with remote, both in working condition.
The following are issues that the car has, It is 30 years old;
- At idle sometimes the oil pressure reads low with "dummy light" turning on. Took to shop and the technician said the oil sensor need to be replaced. I have never had a problem with low oil levels in between oil changes. There is a slow oil leak somewhere. I have included a photo of oil leak with keys as a scale. The photo was taken after the Fiero sat for 5 days in same spot.
- A/C does not work. I have not had it checked to evaluate the issue.
- Two month ago the "service engine soon" light started to turn on sometimes at idle. I have not had the code read yet but something to consider since the registration is due in October requiring a smog check in California.
- The glove box in between seats is not attached, It is missing the wire to secure it.
- divers seat is torn. I have included a photo of it. I use a seat cover. The passenger seat is in good shape. A photo is included.
- The electric mirrors do not work but can be manually adjusted without issue. You can see the selector is missing in the photo. I have not had it checked for an estimate to fix it.
- There is "bubbling" of the rear tail lights. A photo is included. This is very common for Fiero rear tail lights, but an issue to take into consideration.
- The drivers side door needs new door pins. When you open it without the window down a little or lifting it, if opening it from outside, it catches the rear quarter window. A minor inconvenience but something that needs to be addressed.
- The trunk lock is missing so I use a screw driver to open it. A photo is included. A few months ago someone tried to break into my car by drilling out the trunk door lock. I don't think they were able to break in because nothing was missing from trunk and no damage was done to the engine, but it ruined the lock. I took the pieces of metal out and cleaned it out. The lock and latch arm must be replaced. They are about $15 on Ebay.
- The transmission has issues with 3rd and 5th gear. They shift smoothly under 2k rpm. Above that sometimes they grind. Since clutch, master and slave cylinder are new I can safely assume the transmission is the problem. I have seen Fiero Club blogs and this seems to be an issue with the Getrag Transmissions are they get older. Eventually you will want to have the transmission rebuilt or replaced, but I drive it daily city and highway. I shift under 2k rpm and it is not an issue but something to consider before you decide to bid.
- One of the rim center caps is missing on the left front. Noticed it missing around the same time the trunk lock was damaged.
- Recently I noticed that the front licsense plate frame is damaged on one side. A photo is included.
- I have never used the rear defroster so I do not know if it works. They usually are not hot enough to touch to tell and since we have been in drought it's always warm here.
The reason I am parting with my Fiero is that I had the ACL replaced in my left knee about a year and a half ago. The constant shifting in Los Angeles traffic is unbearable sometimes and a manual transmission is simply not an option for me any longer. I have driven my Fiero under 2000 miles within the last two years. I will not drive the Fiero for the duration of the auction to keep mileage accurate. I have 100% positive feedback and I want to keep it that way. Please e-mail any questions and I will answer honestly and to the best of my knowledge. I believe in full disclosure. I have also placed this Fiero in local ad and photo classified as well as Fiero Club classified so I reserve the right to end auction early. The reserve price is only the cost of the rims and tires with mounting. This Fiero is being sold AS IS with NO WARRANTY stated or implied. I require a $500 deposit within 48 after auction ends. The balance is due within 7 days. The title is clear and free of any liens. I have the "Pink Slip". I will not make arrangements for shipping, but I will assist to load vehicle if buyer makes arrangements for shipping.