1988 Pontiac Fiero, 60k miles, 5 speed!
Price: US $2,800.00 Item location: Bradenton, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Fiero
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 60,520
- VIN: 1g2pe11r9jp210953
- Engine size: 2.5L
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1988 Pontiac FieroUp for Auction is a very nice 1988 Pontiac Fiero Sport. This Fiero has only 60k miles and is a great running and driving classic. There is no rust on this car and it is in great cosmetic condition. I have YouTube Videos of the car. Just search:
"1988 Pontiac Fiero 2.5L, 5 speed, walk around part 1! For Sale!!!" and for the 2nd video search "1988 Pontiac Fiero 2.5L, 5 speed, walk around part 2! For Sale!!!"
Short Description: (Contine reading below for in depth description)
1988 Fiero 2.5L 5 Speed 60k original miles. New paint this year, brand new tires, so much work done to restore this car. I have receipts for everything! I've been daily driving it the past month with no issues. It is not perfect nor has it been completely restored.
Tach works intermittently
AC system is all new and retrofitted for 134A, but the plug for the compressor is loose and comes off
Front rotors have some large grooves and causes a sound while driving.. (NOT grinding or whistling!) it still drives and doesn't shake when braking
After driving for about 30 minutes the car gets up to about 235 degrees and the fan comes on, but sometimes the fan does not. It's a brand new electric fan so I think it's a fan switch or temp sensor?
This specific model is equipped with:
- The 2.5L fuel injected 4 cylinder Iron Duke Engine
- manual 5 speed transmission
- manual locks, windows and mirrors
- Heat & Air Conditioning
- New base coat clear coat paint job done this year
- Front shocks
- New tires
- New clutch, slave cylinder and clutch master cylinder
- front upper control arm bushings
- rear main bearing
- inner tierods
- new reconditioned rear brake calipers
- rear brake hoses
- parking brake cable (right rear)
- upgraded cooling fan
- valve cover gasket
- LLumar window tint
- new ash trays
- belt and aluminum tensioner
- Full tune up: both coils,igniter,fuel filter,radiator cap, thermostat cap, thermostat, crankshaft position sensor, o2 sensor, plugs and wires, coolant flush and fresh 5w30 oil change with filter only 50 miles ago
- AC components: AC line seal kit, v belt, compressor, accumulator seals, expansion valve/ Orifice, refrigerant, pag46 oil, R134a retrofitted, and a new relay
The Fiero is not without its flaws and they are as follows:
- front brake pads will need to be replaced as well as new front rotors. (the drilled and slotted rotors show some heavy grooving and when driving the brakes are definitely grinding up front)
- passenger side rear view mirror is cracked
- Tachometer does not work
- fuel gauge is inaccurate (will be empty when on 1/4 tank)
- oil pressure gauge is pinned over 80psi
- there are cracks on the dash at each speaker and one on top of the gauge cluster housing
- black trim molding around the body has a few missing clips and the front trim piece is peeling (see pictures)
- AC compressor electrical plug will not stay connected tight which causes the compressor to cycle on and off
I have described the car truthfully and to the best of my knowledge. The 88 factory service manual will come with the car as a bonus, as well as all the receipts for work performed.
car is for sale as is/ where is. buyer is responsible for pickup and/or shipping quotes from 34208. I can drive the vehicle to any large parking lot if need be.
200.00 non refundable deposit through paypal is required within 24 hours of auction end. the rest must be paid within 3 days. I can take full payment through paypal, but there will be a 3% service fee for charges unrelated to me.
good luck and happy bidding!!!