1949 Packard Standard Eight Touring Sedan
Price: - Item location: Austin, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Packard
- Model: Standard Eight
- SubModel: Touring Sedan
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: Original Wood Grain Finish
- Year: 1949
- Mileage: N/A
- VIN: H231115
- Color: Cream
- Engine size: Inline 8, 277 c.i., 135 hp
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1949 Packard Standard Eight Original Wood Grain Finish
- 1949 Packard Standard Eight 4-dr Touring Sedan. Packard 23rd Series was introduced mid-year 1949 and produced through 1950. Inline eight cylinder engine, 288 cu. in.,135 hp; 3-speed transmission w/ column mounted shifter, Borg-Warner overdrive; five Coker www tires, odometer indicates 5k miles.
- Car was restored about 20 years ago, with new base-coat/clear-coat paint and an original style gray wool interior. Car does not show any significant rust. Tires are essentially new.
- Smooth and quiet. Engine is vibration free and noiseless. The overdrive reduces engine speed about 28% and the big engine delivers effortless power at speeds of 60-70 mph.