1990 Mitsubishi Montero LS
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mitsubishi
- Model: Montero
- Type: SUV
- Trim: LS
- Year: 1990
- Mileage: 226400
- VIN: JA4GJ51S9LJ015968
- Color: Burgundy
- Engine size: V6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Power Locks, Power Windows
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1990 Mitsubishi Montero LSSelling my one of a kind 1990 Mitsubishi Montero LS. I've spent the last year reconditioning this truck as a personal project of mine. Literally anything and everything that needed some TLC has been repaired or replaced with OEM (or the best 3rd party) parts. No expense was spared. 95% of everything listed below was done in the last 365 days. Only the rebuilt motor, paint respray, and a couple small items were done several years ago.
The truck does not smoke, shifts smoothly, has no suspension squeaks, absolutely zero leaks, and turns heads everywhere you go.
Im currently getting 17 mpg on the highway with the new 33" tires.
The truck is located in Orange County (Southern California). Over $15,000 has been invested in the vehicle.
Mileage (engine): ~23,000
Mileage (body): 226,400
4-door | 3.0 V6 | Automatic
California car for its whole life
What has been done to the truck:
Rebuilt motor (about 23,000 miles on it)
New thermo valve and gasket
New idle air control valve
New Gates drive belts (all 3)
New K&N lifetime air filter
New Wix fuel filter
New NGK ignition coil
New NGK spark plugs
New spark plug wires
New NTK O2 sensor
New Airtex/Wells distributor cap and rotor
Replaced several vacuum hoses
BODY / INTERIOR
Resprayed truck in original maroon / burgundy color
New ADD wood radio bezel (painted grey)
New Pajero rear lights
New Pajero front signal lamps
New LED Halo headlights
New 800 lumen LED bulbs on rear lights and side markers
New Mitsubishi decal on license plate light/holder
New black headlight doors
Upgraded rear trailing arms to Gen 2 model with Siberian bushings
New Pajero "bus" style side mirrors
New windshield wiper blades
New ADD Bilstein 5100 shocks (front and rear)
New ADD panhard rod
New Old Man Emu torsion bars
New Old Manu Emu rear springs
New upper ball joints
New lower ball joints
New Siberian bushings on lower control arms
New speedometer cable
New rear U-joint
New ADD extended brake line
New BF Goodrich KO2 tires (33 x 10.5)
New Wheel Vintiques Smoothie steelie wheels 15x7 (5 total)
New AISIN Manual 4x4 hubs
New front brake rotors
New front brake pads
New wheel bearings (front and rear)
New tie rod ends
New CV joints (not re-man)
New power steering pressure hose
New power steering return hose
Rebuilt steering gear
New Moog pitman arm (made in Japan)
New Moog idler arm
New transfer case shifter bushing
New Alpine UTE-73BT stereo
New Rockford Fosgate 4" speakers (dash)
New Focal ISC 165 6-1/2" speakers (rear)
New OEM ECU
New Interstate battery (Costco)
New window washer pump
New Cobra 75 WX ST CB radio w/ Firestik antenna (needs a coax cable)
New Dash Designs dash cover
Parts (included with sale)
Extra set of window switches
Original auto hubs
New set of JDM window rain guards
Complete set of new OEM window weather seals
Complete set of new OEM window outer rubbers
The original chrome headlight doors and grille, which are in fantastic condition
Factory Service Manual
OEM rear tire coverOEM cargo cover
New TPS sensor
Extra gauge pod
Extra sun visors (they're a tad dirty)
Various other bits and pieces, including the chrome interior trim on the window switches
1. Zero cracks in the dash.
2. Carpet in good condition for its age. Shows wear, but quite nice all around.
3. 4x4 and LSD work perfectly.
4. Transmission runs very well and has no slipping.
5. AC blows ice cold and heater works well.
6. Tires are brand new and have maybe 3000 miles on them.
7. Absolutely zero leaks!
8. Bouncy driver seat.
9. Truck has no heat issues. Drove this thing daily in the California summer and it performed flawlessly, even with long traffic-filled freeway trips.
10. Everything is greased up and ready for adventure.
11. Passes smog on first try.
12. Stereo has a short in the wiring so it will turn off randomly. Easy fix, but has not been addressed.13. Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF) needs to be replaced sometime in the near future. It will trigger the check engine light briefly (turns on then off once every couple weeks). Doesn't affect performance, but worth noting.14. Windshield has two rock chips and a tiny crack (about half inch or less). Does not need replacing, but worth noting. All original glass on the vehicle (from what I can tell).15. 2 minor tears in driver seat, but not bad. No other tears in any other seats.16. The driver side door card leather (upper part) has come off (you can see it in the photos).17. Front door creaks a bit when opening, just needs a little grease.18. Paint looks really good. The tan stripe on the vehicle is old and shows it. There are a couple marks on the paint in various places (for example, near the bolts by the side mirrors), but no sun fade or anything of that sort. The bumper has some marks on the end caps and in the center. The body as a whole has a few very shallow dents from age, but nothing that can be seen without looking for it. All are easily fixable by an average person - no need for professional help.19. Chrome window switch trim is included in the parts section above (they're just not on the vehicle in the photos).20. The side molding adhesive is beginning to loosen on the truck. Will need some need adhesive if you plan to keep that molding on there, but for now its hard to tell its losing its stickiness.21. Small tear on the leather corner of the center console lid.
If you're looking for a reconditioned off-road ready Gen 1, this is it. This truck truly needs nothing and is one of the few that can legitimately claim that.
Truck is sold as is and with no warranty (not like it needs it, this thing is practically mechanically new now). Buyer pays shipping or can come pick it up. Please ask any questions you might have. Additional photos on request. Please remember this is a 29 year old vehicle and has not gone through a full blown restoration. With that said, it is in incredible shape and probably one of the finest examples of a Gen 1 you will find anywhere.