1969 Mercury Cyclone CJ "R" Code 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed (1 of only 13 built)
- Make: Mercury
- Model: Cyclone CJ 428 Cobra Jet 4 Speed
- SubModel: CJ
- Type: Fastback
- Engine size:428 Cobra Jet
- Number of cylinders:8
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Mercury Cyclone CJ 428 Cobra Jet 4 SpeedFree eBay listing template designed by dewiso.com 1969 Mercury Cyclone CJ "R" Code - 428 Cobra Jet - 4 Speed
I have for auctionhere a very Rare 1969 Cyclone CJ project that is only 1 of 13 ever built according to the Marti Report. There is a lot to know about this car before you bid. So please look at all of the pictures, ask any questions, and thoroughly read the entire description before you bid. If you have less than 10 positive feeback, you need to contact me through eBay messages with your full name, address, and phone number before you bid or your bid will be removed, no exception.
I have 100% positive feedback on Ebay and have sold several rare cars though the years here on the site. So bid with confidence, I am an experienced eBayer with a solid reputation. Please see my feedback rating as a seller.
I have the Marti Report for this car that is included with the purchase and can also be viewed within the listing. This car is a rolling project that is mostly complete. I'vedone my best to describe the car to the best of my ability within this listing but it is highly recommended you view the car in personbefore you bid. There is also a video included in this listing that will help you see the underside and body panel condition as well as over 40 pictures within this description.
I am selling the car where is as is. The buyer is responsible forshipping and or pick up cost. The car rolls and steers but has no brakes. Further details are included below and it is important to know this car was purchased in the state of Georgia and is currently located in Ohio. Therefore,this car comes with a Georgia State Bill of Sale and does not include a title because the state of Georgia does not issue titles for vehicles this old. Again, this car has a Georgia State bill of sale only and has been off the road for 20 p;us years. In addition, I have run the VIN through "NCIB VIN Check"and the VIN is clean and clear with no issues.
Please note, there are three sections of information within this listing below that will answer a lot of the questions you have. Please read all three sections before you bid!
The car was ordered with the following options and is1 of only 13 with these options, trim, and color codes:
- 428 Cobra Jet "R" Code Engine
- 4- Speed Close RatioToploader Transmission
- 9 inch differential with 3:50 Traction Lok
- Functional Ram Air Hood
- Black Vinyl Bench Seat
- Maroon Ford Paint Code #3059-A
What it has and what is needed:
Here is the current condition of the car as I understand it best having looked it over:
- Drivetrain:The original 4 speed setup,Pedals, Linkage,C8AR Topload Transmission, and Shifter is still in the car. However, the 428 CJ engine was replaced with a 1967 390 GT engine out of a Mustang. I removed the oil pan and verified the crank is a "2U" stamped 390. The Block is a C6ME-A webbed block. The intake is a 390 intake as well.The 428 Cobra Jet Exhaust Manifolds are still on the car and I think the Heads are still 428CJ but I'm not sure and I did not remove them. The radiator is missing. But the original 7 blade C6OE-F Fan is still in the car. (See Video) In addition, the Carb is a correct 428 Ford ServiceReplacement DOPF-9510-U. The 390 Engine currently in the car is in great condition with good compression. However, the previous owner took of the 428CJ Aluminum Valve covers and kept them the day before I purchased the car and the oil pan is currently removed. So the engine is open to the elements at the moment but has only been that way for about 2 weeks. Also, the fuel tank is missing.
- Body:The bodyis mostly complete from what I can tell and in OK shape for the age. But there is rust in some areas which I've done my best to highlight in the video. In addtion, there is front end damage on the car and the Hood will need replaced. There are more details in the suspension description below of the damage and how it occured from what I was told. All of the glass is in the car but the front windshield is broken and will need replaced.
- Suspension:The rear suspension is in grea shape and the rear frame rails are in excellent shape. Sadly, the car was drag raced on a back road in the late 90s and the original owner ended up in a ditch. This caused some serious damage to the driver and passenger front frame rails, the front suspension, the radiator support, and the driver floor boards/rail. Please take your time and look over the pictures and video of the damage to verify if this is acceptable to you before you bid. The front lower suspension took on a lot of damage. The car will roll and steer but it will need a lot of work. It is my understanding that the 1968-1969 Torino, Fairlane, and Mongtego share the same front unibody and suspension as this cyclone. So you could easily get parts from one of those to fix the Cyclone.
- Interior:From what I can tell the interior is complete. The back seat is in great shape and the rear seat belts still have the factory plastic wrap on them like they've never been used. The front seat needs recovered and the driver seat fold down mechanism needs fixed. The Dash Pad is in really nice shape and the headliner needs replaced. Also, the ignition switch will need to be replaced. I have the original keys for the doors, igntion,and trunk which are included with the car.
- Additional:The car is missing the Ram Air unit and the Hood Scoop. The rear wheels are 15 inch and the front wheels are 14 inch.The shifter goes through the gears with ease. The car rolls without any issues and the tires hold airbut it does not have brakes. The trunk stays closed and the doors open and close with no issues. The hood only stays latched by one hood pin. The other factory hood pin is missing.
If you have less than 10 positive feeback, you need to contact me with you full name, address, and phone number before you bid or your bid will be removed. I take this very seriously.I have 100% positive feedback on Ebay and have sold several rare cars though the years on ebay. So bid with confidence, I am an experienced eBayer with a solid reputation. Please see my feedback rating as a seller.
|The car must be paid for in full within 7 days of the end of the auction via a Bank Wire Transfer directly to me. I do not use eBay's payment services for vehicles and I do not accept personal checks unless they are in my account and cleared before the car leaves my property. If the Cyclone is not paid for in full within 7 days, it will be relisted. I'm happy to work with you if we pass the 7 days and the funds are already processing in my bank account due to a bank hold, that's completely understandable.|
|Shipping will be the responsibility of the buyer to pay for and arrange. I am self employed and can help with pick up by being on site when the car is picked up as well as work with your shipper to schedule the pick up day and time. I will take pictures of the pick up vehicle as well as their DOT number and License plate which I will send to you via Ebay to verify Pick Up has happened unless you pick up the vehicle yourself. I am not responsible to any damage done via your shipper. This vehicle will require a winch to load on a trailer and cannot be pulled by the front suspension due to the current damage. The shipper will need to attach his winch to the middle crossmember under the transmission for safety purposes.|
|This car is being sold Where Is As Is with no warranty or guarantees expressed or implied. I've done my best to describe all that I know and am aware of on the car. By bidding, you accept responsiblity for the cars condition and by bidding you agree that everything stated and shown in the picutures, listing, and video are acceptable to you and the cars condition is to your full satisfaction. I'm happy to take any addtional pictures needed to help you in the bidding process. Please note: This listing is for the Cylone only. No other vehicles or properly seen in the pictures are included other than what is specifically stated in the listing, A 1969 Cyclone CJ.|
Thank you for considering my listing