1953 Mercury Monterey 2 Door Hard Top Sport Coupe, V8 Flathead
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercury
- Model: Monterey
- Type: Sport Coupe / Hard Top
- Year: 1953
- Mileage: 49,494
- VIN: 53SL83786M
- Color: village green metallic/ashville green
- Engine size: Flathead V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Merc-O-Matic automatic transmission
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: turquiose/black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1953 Mercury MontereyFor 1953, a styling change was made to the grille. It was still integrated with the bumper, but the bumper guards were now bullet-shaped. The trunk lid featured a new medallion. Side chrome trim consisted of a full-length, mid-body spear and rear fender molding. "Mercury" appeared on the middle front of the rear fender just behind the chrome trim outlining the front of that fender.
The doors could stay in position either half-way or fully opened. An enlarged tailpipe and new, straight-through muffler greatly reduced back pressure and helped performance. Power brakes were first offered in April of 1953, and fifteen percent of Mercurys were equipped with them. A month later, power steering was introduced. Only eight percent of 1953 Mercurys were sold with this option. - Source: wildaboutcarsonline . com
This 1953 Mercury Monterey 2 Door Sport Coupe has both power brake and power steering. Sporting 49,494 actual miles and rust free, this is a fine example and comes with rare options.
Be sure to scroll down to see all photos.1953 Mercury Monterey 2 Door Hard Top / Sport Coupe
- Original car / survivor.
- Believed to be 49,494 miles.
- Runs and drives great
- Very nice original: paint, interior / headliner. See photos below the listing.
- Known owner history since 1959.
- Last year for the V8 Flathead.
- Style: BG60B, Body Specif. 36A-364-14C-534
- Optional Merc-O-Matic automatic transmission
- Power Steering
- Power Brakes
- Courtesy/Map Light
- 1953 Mercury owners manual, radio instructions manual and Merco-therm 1953 heating and ventilating system documents
Questions or to make an appointment to view in person, call Erik @ 913- 579- 7871Car is for sale locally, and I reserve the right to end the auction early.
High resolution photos will load below.