1987 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT Turbo Diesel. RARE CLASSIC WAGON! NO RESERVE!! OM603
Price: - Item location: Stamford, Connecticut, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 300-Series
- SubModel: TDT
- Type: Wagon
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 238000
- VIN: WDBEB93D6HF033594
- Engine size: 3.0l inline-six
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Mercedes-Benz 300-SeriesUp for sale is my 1987 Mercedes-Benz 300 Turbo Diesel Wagon.
THIS THE VERY RARE (LESS THAN 1500) ONE YEAR ONLY 1987 W124 WAGON WITH THE LEGENDARY OM603 ENGINE. Those engines are well known for running up to a million miles with proper maintenance. On my opinion it's a best diesel engine ever made - it powerful, quiet and very fuel efficient (avg 25mpg).
A great car that Mercedes only offered for one year and is much sought after for that reason. These cars were extremely well-engineered. At introduction, they were the fastest production diesel wagons. Optimized for safety, the w124 was the first car introduced with side impact beams in the doors to protect the occupants. These cars are tanks!
ODO reads 238k. She runs and drives. Engine fires up immediately in any weather, transmission shifts smoothly.
She has a few issues as seen on the pics - mortly cosmetical, nothing major.
- SLS suspension system is slightly leaking. I was planning to convert it to gas shocks but never had a chance to complete it. The car is still drivable, just a little bit saggy.
- Some corrosion, scratches and minor dents as seen on the pics
- AC needs to be recharged (compressor works fine)
- 3 out of 4 window switches don't work. Sunroof opens and closes fine.
You canget full classic insurance (Hagerty, JC Taylor, etc) semi-annually for under $100.
Thanks for looking and feel free to ask any questions or clarifications. Remainder cash only on pickup. Can arrange pickup from NYC airports. Car is located is Stamford, Connecticut.