RARE 1992 MERCEDES BENZ 300SL ROADSTER! RUST-FREE CALIFORNIA CAR! LOW RESERVE!
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: SL-Class
- SubModel: R129
- Type: CONVERTIBLE WITH HARD TOP
- Trim: 300SL
- Year: 1992
- Mileage: 223500
- VIN: WDBEA51E6NB556575
- Color: BLACK
- Engine size: 3.0 LITER INLINE SIX CYLINDER
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: AUTOMATIC
- Drive type: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
- Interior color: BLACK
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1992 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class 300SL
Offered for an appreciating new owneris this classic 1992 Mercedes Benz R129 300SL roadster!
Finished in gleaming gloss black over black leather with black cloth soft top and black hard top, this 27 year-old 99.9% rust-free ALWAYS CALIFORNIA classic Benz has a bit over the 223,615 miles showing on the recently NON-working six-digit odometer. It sports a good running 3.0 liter inline six cylinder engine mated to the factory 4 speed automatic transmission with stopping power provided by four wheel disc brakes with ABS, electric tops, electric windows, cold a/c, updated cd stereo with flip up screen, chromed factory alloy wheels with good rubber, wind screen and more. It is being sold with clean and clear California title, current 2019 registration, three keys and original tool kit.
This is a great find for less than the price of the sales tax alone on a new base-level Benz!
THE BODY AND TRIM
This exterior of this classic R129 Benz is in very good to excellent virtually 100% rust-free condition overall with an excellent gleam to the paint finish. There is some wear and taped area on what looks to be the original soft top, some pitting on the little wheel holes along with various minor expected rock nicks, scratches and other light blemishes. Overall this is still one handsome classic!
As I hope is articulated in the photos, the interior of this non-smoker Benz is in good original condition overall with working power windows and tops, nice stereo, cold ac, working gauges and lights, electric seats and wind screen. Imperfections inside the car include a/c blower fan inop, weak stereo reception due to broken antenna [me going through the car wash], and some wear/tearing on the driver seat side bolster under the black sheepskin covers. This is still one quite comfortable and stylish cockpit!
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This 1992 Benz starts easily and runs fairly well with responsive acceleration, smooth shifting transmission, solid braking and tight sturdy ride. There is a slight driveline shudder under hard acceleration from a stop. Overall this is one respectable top down sunny afternoon cruiser that still garners attention from fellow motorists! Check out two test drive video here: https://youtu.be/yGyiZfG5k98
THE DETAILS AND $$$
1. This 1992 Benzis being sold with clear and clean California title and current 2019 registration. It can ONLY be sold to a NON-California resident. It will be sold "AS IS" "WHERE IS" with no written or verbal warranties expressed or implied. Iinvite and very much welcome prospective new owners to come see, feel, drive and inspect this car in personThere will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully
2.Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.
PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO PHONE ME, EVAN AT 650-350-8828 FOR ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OR TO SCHEDULE IN-PERSON VIEWINGS AND/OR MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.
AND.....As shown in a few of the teaser pix, I ALSO have several other classic Benzes available in my collection: [package deal on two or more!]
1. Classic flagship 1990 Mercedes Benz 560SEL......... $1,290
2. SUPERB 1991 Mercedes Benz 300SL only 85k miles..$9,991
3. Original 1980 all original Mercedes Benz 300SD Turbodiesel $2,980
4. Pristine 1985 Euro 380sel $3,585
5. Nice 1989 300SEL $3,489.
6. Groovy original classic 1960 190D diesel Ponton sedan.
7. Pristine 2001 CL500 coupe only 50k miles. $10,500