1978 JEEP CJ5 RESTORED - SURVIVOR - RUST FREE - V8 350 - B&M - SEE VIDEO
Price: - Item location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
- Make: Jeep
- Model: CJ
- SubModel: JEEP CJ BASE - RENEGADE - LAREDO
- Trim: JEEP CJ5 ORIGINAL OWNER & RESTORED SURVIVOR
- Year: 1978
- Mileage: 31974
- VIN: J8F83EH947174
- Color: Gold
- Engine size: NOW CHEVY 350 V8 - SEE THE DRIVING VIDEO
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Jeep Dana 30 Front end with New Mile marker hubs, New Front pinion seals, & Diff Cover, Front end re set 5 deg - DRIVES & HANDLES NICE, DANA 4 by 4 transfer case NICE 4 WHEEL DRIVE, Jeep AMC 20 Rear end many new parts, New one piece solid axles installed in rear end, New rear diff cover & REAR SWAY BAR ADDED, Jeep also fitted with a Front end SWAY BAR, NICEST DRIVING CJ ON YOUR BLOCK, New car reliable, FACTORY VIN NUMBERS & TAGS ON JEEP, CLEAN / CLEAR TITLE to buyer when pain in full, CALL SELLER / OWNER 702-592-2181, Just serviced ready to go to new home, SEE PHOTOS & VIDEO
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Chevy TH Turbo 350 Auto trans with B&M Shift kit
- Drive type: Jeep Dana 4 Wheel Drive
- Interior color: Gold
- Safety options: Factory roll bar with forward full cage added, OEM stock style seat new just installed, Seat belts all seats, Locking console with Stereo inside console, Custom front bumper with 9,500lb winch, Smittybuilt 9,500 Power winch new just added, New Power front disc brakes - STOPS OUTSTANDING, New Power brake booster 8 inch style, Factory emergency brake works, All steering parts redone - DRIVES NICE, SHOCKS, SPRINGS RIDES NICE, NEW HEATER CORE & HEATER PARTS, ALUMINUM RADIATOR - SUPERIOR COOLING, New WIPERS Motor and parts, Front and Rear brakes ALL NEW, Stop and Drive NICE - SEE DRIVING VIDEO., Rifle rack, Dick Cepek 33 tall 12.5 wide AT tires NEW, Swing out tire rack on rear.
- Options: NEW BEST TOP SUPER TOP & FULL DOOR'S, Also BIKINI top and 1/2 doors for summer, V8 TAC mounted on dash, GPS SPEDO - GIVING YOU CORRECT MPH READOUT, V8 CHEVY 350 MOTOR - RUNS OUTSTANDING, CHEVY Turbo 350 Auto trans with B&M shift kit, B&M floor shift box. Auto or Manual shift it VIDEO, Duel Exhaust runs down down side of Jeep, Nice sounding V8 - Head turner 4 sure, ORIGINAL BODY METAL & ORIGINAL PAINT, NO RUST - NO ROT - NO DECAY IN THIS CJ, Original floor pans - No rust, Bottom side clean detailed & treated 3m, 4-Wheel Drive, Serviced front to rear ready to drive and enjoy., Also come's with a Bikini Top for summer
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1978 Jeep CJ JEEP CJ5 ORIGINAL OWNER & RESTORED SURVIVORVIDEO DONE FOR OUT OF STATE BUYER who can't view in person, WATCH THE FULL VIDEO. *Selling 1978 Jeep CJ5. "Survivor" never painted and no body work ever done! The body, body paint, floor pans, frame still original and rust free 42 years later. Jeep was bought new in So. California Oceanside area in 1978 . Come to find out Jeep has lived with in 100 miles of where it was bought new all it's life. It's now at my home in Las Vegas Nevada. i restored it back to a (better running, driving, handling, stopping CJ than it ever was). * How do i know this = I was the original owner of this CJ when it was sold bone stock new in 1978 off the showroom. I was a Sgt in the United States Marine Corp at that time. Over the course of the next 42 year this CJ has gone "full circle" and ended up back with me. (How cool is that). I'm a 42 year Jeep CJ mechanic, builder, repair, restoration guy that was doing warranty work on new CJ 40 years ago. This is the Jeep that hooked me on CJ for life. This was my first CJ and my first new vehicle. Everything on the Jeep today is in great mechanically working order. It's as reliable as a new car and can be driven everyday if you see fit. The wife and I buying a Motor home so selling off a "few prize possessions" so listing Jeep For Sale. After building and repairing CJ for over 42 years you learn what work best in a CJ5 build for "both street" and Off road use. This is the CJ that Jeep should of built and sold to the public back in the day. I have added a few items to make it perform, run, steer, handle and stop better than the factory ever did. We can all make them look good - But how many drive good ? Jeep sold new with a V8 304 2 bbl carb with a whopping 125 factory horse power . *Now a Chevy V8 350 motor with 4 bbl carb, roller rockers valve train, 202 valves and RV cam installed under the hood. (Motor now has twice the horse power over original motor) *Then the original 3 speed manual transmission was also removed and a (Chevy/ GM Turbo 350 auto trans was added). *No lack of power of performance in this CJ today. The transmission also fitted with B&M shift kit and a B&M floor shift box = Easy to drive put in drive and go (like all automatic transmissions do). But you also get the "option to Manual shift it" if you want to have a fun or hold it in gear when off road driving. SEE DRIVING VIDEO. Jeep fitted with 3;45 gearing so you can drive this CJ everyday on the street and then ( hit the trails off road as you see fit.). It's a great off road adventure CJ also. Few item i did. Jeep was (re cleared ) to retain the original look. New seats installed. New locking console, New stereo & speakers, New steering wheel, New floor mats, New temp, water & volt gauge. New gas gauge also with 20 gal gas tank. New GPS driven speedometer added for correct MPH readout. ( The Odometer reads 31794 not original miles of Jeep) *The miles reflect driven miles on the Chevy V8 motor conversion. All electrical was gone over and repairs made as needed to ensure everything in great working order. The complete brake system was also just redone new. All brake parts installed new both front and rear. New power brake booster and master cylinder installed. *All steering parts in Jeep just redone. New Power steering gear box, new gear box supports brace from box to frame. The steering shaft rebuilt and re set. Front end tie rods, ball joints all in great conduction now. This CJ drives super nice today. SEE DRIVING VIDEO. The Dana 30 front end was inspected and serviced. New diff cover, new mile marker locking hubs, steering shock and rough country front shocks added. The Jeep amc 20 rear end also inspected, serviced. New rear diff cover and solid one piece axle install = much stronger than stock. Jeep is fitted with a 4 inch spring suspension lift. (Done correct) . * A new set of Dick Cepek 33 tall by 12.5 wide Trail Country EXP A/T tires also just installed on Jeep. Great tires for street and off road use. A new Best Top SUPER TOP " Full soft top with doors" just installed on Jeep 50 driven miles ago. I also replaced the heater core new. The heater, wipers, horn, emergency brake all work now. The original front fenders removed and a new set of flat fenders installed. New rear metal fender flairs also installed for (better tire clearance with the new 33 tall tires under it now). This Jeep was has "front sway bar" for better handling *( I added a custom "rear sway bar" ) *Like i said it handles today better than factory Jeep CJ ever did. *All the 4 wheel drive parts inspected, repaired and serviced. All 4 Wheel drive in great working order. The bottom side floor pans and frame also cleaned and then treated in sem 3m water proof / rust proof sealant to keep protected from the elements for many years to come. New custom front bumper installed . New Smitty built 9,500 XRC power winch installed. The factory CJ headlights upgraded to new style LED = much brighter - The blinkers now in headlight rings. I added 7 new Led Off Road lights to Jeep. SEE VIDEO. Now it has nice Off Road lighting and everything done correct on relays. The transmission was inspected and serviced all new trans fluid = Shifts nice. * New 4 bbl carb with electric choke installed = easy to start. Motor serviced and tuned. Motor burns super clean, no exhaust smoke, no rattles, motor sound great. Cooling system also inspected, new hoses, clamps and coolant. The aluminum radiator was fitted with new heavy duty trans cooler. No heat up issues in this CJ. I have been over every inch of this CJ inside and out more than once. (This CJ is done) Not a rusted CJ project in need of work. This CJ has never been wreaked or damaged. It has one of the nicest original survivor body metal and original paint you will ever find. The factory original Vin Tag and Vin numbers on Jeep as it should be. Title has no brands or damage history none! = Clean title. Jeep is garaged at my home in Las Vegas Nevada today. *Buyers more than welcome to view and drive in person before buying if think needed. Nothing to hide. (My Jeep - my work). I posted a long detailed walk around and driving VIDEO for out of State buyers who may not be able to view in person. Watch the DRIVING VIDEO it sell's itself. Jeep will also be listed FOR SALE outside of EBAY. If sold outside of EBAY this auction will "end early at that time". *If you have follow me on Ebay over the past 14 years you will see my CJ builds sell very fast. *I build them one at a time. Not a retail shop so buyer will save thousands on my labor time invested .This CJ is "my personal CJ". My driver, so yes it's nice. Kept the old school look but upgraded Jeep to ru, drive and handle better than CJ ever sold them to do. Super fun to drive. You drive this CJ - Not it drive you - like most do. Go drive 10 other CJ then drive this one! *Caller seller / owner anytime with questions or buy offers. It's priced to sell - not sit for sale. See my Ebay seller rating. Many happy people. Call 702-592-2181 with questions or offers.
1978 Jeep CJ5 - YouTube
Video will open in a new window
Using the eBay App? Paste link into a browser window: