1977 International Harvester - Scout II Traveler 2 door Classic SUV - Rare 2wd!
Price: - Item location: Ashland, Oregon, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: International Harvester
- Model: Scout
- SubModel: TRAVELER
- Type: SUV
- Trim: traveler
- Year: 1977
- Mileage: 104,570
- VIN: G0082FFD19715
- Color: White
- Engine size: 345 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Brown
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1977 International Harvester Scout traveler1977 Model year International Harvester Scout II Traveler in excellent running condition! Only 104,570 original miles on it. I've done a little research on this rig in the International Scout Encyclopedia by Jim Allen and John Glancy. This rig is only a handful of 2wd Scout II travelers that were special ordered by and delivered to a Dealer in Canada in late 1976. Actual production date of is rig is 9/30/1976. At some point it was brought back down and registered in the US, previously being owned by a Scout collector in Roseburg Oregon who in turn sold it do a commercial diesel mechanic in Redding Ca. I purchased from that mechanic who kept it in excellent running condition. Between he and I, the following things have been replaced within the last 2 and a half years:
- 2 barrel Holley Carb (all engine work done by professional mechanic)
- Distributor / plugs / and wiring
- New Master Cylinder (brakes work perfect now!) Installed by Les Schwab in Ashland, OR
- Aftermarket oil pressure gauge installed
- Ignition re-wired to a push button ignition for security
- Heater - new electric motor
- Brand new front windshield
- All glass gasket / chrome trim replaced
- New front window trim sweeps - driver side and passenger
- New side view mirrors installed - driver side and passenger
- Rear cargo area and floor up to and under passenger seat was just professionally Linex coated
- New trim pieces around headlights
- New wiper blades
- Stainless steel beverage holder installed (as manufactured by scouts parts.com out of portland)
Factory motor is a naturally aspirated 345ci V-8 as manufactured by IH. It can be a bit cold blooded in the winter, but as you can see in the video.. she fires right up here in the Fall, and note that the block is cold during that start up. I didn't drive it much this summer, as I noticed a tendency to overheat when it was over 100 degrees outside. I just didn't want to stress the old girl, but I suspect that the radiator may need to be flushed or possibly replaced at some point, as it looks to the the original 40 year old radiator.
Please look through the pics as they're pretty detailed. This rig is extremely clean and straight on the exterior, and does look to have been repainted white within the last 10 years. Factory color was also white as you can see under the hood and door details, etc...
I'm sure I'm forgetting something so please feel free to email me with any and all questions. This is a great example of a rare 2wd factory posi-traction rear Scout II, and probably belongs in somebody's collection. At the very least, she'll serve you well as a fun kick around rig that get's tons' of attention where it goes. The top does come off as well for summer fun!