1966 Ford Shelby Mustang GT350 Fastback TRIBUTE
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Type: Fastback
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 6100
- VIN: 5F073331951
- Color: Wimbledon White with Guardsman blue stripe
- Engine size: 302
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Ford Mustang
1966 Ford Mustang GT350 Shelby Fastback Tribute
This vintage 1966 Fastback Shelby Mustang GT350 began as two separate cars - the bottom half was a 1965 coupe and the top was an original 1966 Mustang Fastback (NOT a fabrication). The two halves were flawlessly married together and beautifully painted Wimbledon white with a blue stripe (NOT a sticker). The car was nearly a shell on wheels when I bought it 10 years ago.
Over the years, many talented craftsmen have worked hard to make this car a fitting tribute to the great Carroll Shelby name. All work has been done with quality workmanship using original, reproduction, and after-market parts to make this a powerful, fun-to-drive car that turns heads wherever it goes!
The engine and automatic transmission was rebuilt, the suspension replaced, and the interior was restored to resemble a 1966 GT350, complete with a folding rear seat.
Copy and paste this link in your browser to watch our latest video!
Go to Gordon's website to see a picture under the customer's car tab:http://www.gordonsclassic.com
These parts are original Mustang parts:Seats to include rear folding seat
These parts are reproduction Mustang parts:66 Shelby GT Gas Cap
These are aftermarket parts:
- Automatic 302cc Engine - Completely rebuilt 2009 - Only 6,000 miles on current engine and transmission
- Eldelbrock Performer Aluminum Cylinder Heads (ELD60329)
- Elderbrock Intake Manifold
- Elderbrock Victor Aluminum Water Pump (ELD 8842)
- MSD High Vibration Blaster Coil PN 8222
- Holley Fuel Pump (chrome plated) #12-833 (80 GPH)
- Plantronics Distributor (PNXD130710)
- Ceramic coated full-length tube headers
- Holley Carburetor
- Monte Carlo Bar (Satin Curved Bar)
- Cobra Valve Covers (Black Wrinkle)
- Transmission Rebuilt by AAMCO 2009
- MACH Aluminum Pulleys
- Performance 5 leaf spring with adjustable poly shackle
- Performance 620lb front coil springs
- Flaming River steering box
- Stainless Steel Brake Company Front Brake Conversion
- 65-66 V8 Aluminum Radiator
- LED Tail Lights
- Painless Wiring Harness
- 1966 GT350 5 Gauge Instrument Bezel
- FAZE Gauges (Oil Pressure, Voltage, Temp, Fuel)
- Custom Auto Sound USA66 Radio with CD Changer controls
- 64-66 front kick panels with upgrade Pioneer 2-way 150 Watt Speakers
- Dash Pad Vinyl (Concourse quality)
- Dash Pad Cover (ABS)
- Additional floor padding under new carpet
- GT350 logo Front floor mats
- 66 Shelby GT350 Steering Wheel Center Cap
- Wood steering wheel
- ABS Front hood heat shield (Note: unfortunately we installed this heat shield after the heat from the engine caused some slight bubbling in the blue stripe paint - see picture)
Exterior:Custom Billet Radiator Grille
A note about the VIN number:
The VIN number stamped under the hood is stated on the car title and is how we purchased the car; however there is a discrepancy in the engine code part of the VIN number. We just don't have an explanation for this discrepancy, except we can say that Mustang VIN numbers have a complicated history.
See the websitehttps://onemanandhismustang.com/classic-mustang-vin-decoder/for a description and explanation:
5 = year code 1965 (from the coupe body)
F = Dearborn Plant production
07 = hardtop coupe body code (a Fastback code would be 08)
3 = engine code* - this should be a letter, not a number (U, F, D for early 65's; A, C, K, or T for late 65's)
33951 = consecutive unit number or the order the Mustang was built in the factory
NOTES:Car is in good condition and has been well loved, cared for, and driven often. The paint was in pristine condition at one time, but now there are some slight chips in the paint which are not very noticeable. See pictures and description for details.
Please contact us if you have any questions.We are fully transparent in the sale of this car so we would be happy to facilitate a vehicle inspection by someone the buyer chooses.
Sorry, but we are NOT interested in trading.
SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY PLEASE. If you bid, please be prepared to follow through with the purchase.
We are in Midland, Georgia, close to Ft. Benning and about 90 miles southwest of Atlanta. Buyer is responsible for vehicle pick-up or arranging a shipping company to pick up the car and deliver to your location.(It cost us about $800 to have the car shipped to GA from TX in 2008).
$500 deposit is required within 24 hours, and final payment will be required within 14 days and before shipping.