1968 Ford Ranger F250 - Rebuilt 390 with 16k - Runs Strong - Rust Free
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-250
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 16,000
- VIN: F254RC43174
- Color: Red
- Engine size: FE-390
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Burgundy
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Ford F-250
1968 FORD F-250 RANGER PICKUP TRUCK
1968 FORD F-250 RANGER 2WD
- 16,000 miles on new rebuilt FE-390
- Rust-free, survivor truck
- Never wrecked or totaled
- All original
- Title is free and clear in my name
I bought this beautiful truck 3 years ago. Since that time I have spared no expense to restore it to excellent functional condition. It has ZERO mechanical issues. It has been my daily driver for the last 3 years. It has been professionally maintained during my entire tenure by Tony of Tony's Ford Truck Parts in Portland, Oregon. All receipts and maintenance records will be included with the purchase.
This truck runs strong and drives tight. Loads of power on the new 390. A blast to drive. Starts up every time. Idles perfectly. Dependable. No mechanical issues. Sounds mean.
Unfortunately, I am moving and cannot take this truck with me. I am looking to sell it to someone who will continue to maintain and improve it. At this point, the only things it needs to become a show truck is minor body work and a paint job.
Over the last 3 years the work list includes:
- Upgrades stock FE-360 to a newly rebuilt FE-390 V8 6.4L engine. Rebuilt by Portland Engine Rebuilders on 8/26/15, installed by Tony's Ford
- 16,000 miles on the new FE-390
- 96,000 miles on the odometer, engine replaced at 80,000 miles
- New Edelbrock Performer intake manifolds
- New 4-barrel Edelbrock 650 CFM carburetor with electric choke
- New exhaust manifolds
- Upgraded to Bendix power-steering box with new pump
- Upgraded to front disc brakes
- Rebuilt C-6 Transmission (Gresham Transmission)
- New Turbo exhaust system
- Replaced radiator
- Rebuilt steering column
- Replaced rear drum brakes
- New master cylinder
- Rewired headlights, brake lights, running lights (Auto Electric Specialties)
- Replaced/repaired rear auxiliary fuel tank
- Replaced fire-wall pad
- Replaced floor mat
- Rebuilt front end
- New air filter
- New battery
- Replaced heater and heater control
- Replaced turn signal switches
- New Temp and oil gauges
The interior is in mint condition with new headliner, new dashboard (with cover), no rips or imperfections in the bench seat.
Two fuel tanks, both work flawlessly.
No leaks of any kind. You could park this in your living room if you were so inclined.
The tires are in great condition with dog-dish hubcaps.
The overall aesthetic is that of a perfectly functioning beast of a truck. No malignant rust. It does have small nicks, scratches, and tiny dents from wear and tear over the last 50 years. That being said, it has the original trim and would not take much to take it to the show truck level, if that was your thing.
Despite all of the work that has gone into this truck, it is a 50 year-old, vintage vehicle. Thus, it is sold as-is without warranty.
If you would like to schedule an independent inspection please contact me to coordinate BEFORE you bid.
If you have additional questions about the vehicle I will do my best to answer them.
I wish you good luck.
1. A $500 deposit is due no later than 24 hours after the end of the auction. This is payable by PayPal only.
2. The deposit is not refundable if the buyer backs out of the sale.
3. The balance of the bid is then due within 72 hours (3 days) of auction end. Cash, cashier's check, money order or bank to bank wire transfer only. If the purchase is made with anything other than cash, then the vehicle will stay in my possession until the funds clear with my bank.
4. I do not provide financing for the purchase of this vehicle.
5. I am listing this truck locally as well, and I reserve the right to end the auction early at any time if the reserve has not been met.
6. Non-paying bidders will be reported to eBay.
7. The winning bidder shall be diligent in providing timely communication. This is not a Pez dispenser, it's a truck, act like you care. The winning bidder will contact the seller within 24 hours of auction end along with the submission of their $500 deposit.
8. If the winning bidder does not contact the seller within 24 hours, I reserve the right to re-list the vehicle or sell to the next highest bidder.
9. Only bid if you are willing to pay.
10. The winning bidder is responsible for picking up the truck, arranging for transport of the truck to their person, and all cost associated with pick-up, transport, and inspection. This must be coordinated ahead of time. I am extremely busy with my daily work, and therefore open and timely communication is mandatory. I will do my best to get back to you though I am extremely busy with work during the day.