1965 Ford Mustang GT Convertible - A Code - Pwr Top - Pwr Steering - Disc Brakes
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 34,999
- VIN: 5F08A754220
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 289
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Ford Mustang
1965 Ford Mustang GT Convertible.
A Code - 289 Motor - 4 BBL Carb - Auto Trans - Rally Pac - Power Convertible Top - Power Steering - Front Disc Brakes - Full Center Console.
Car was sitting for some time. I took it to a mechanic to get it running. Had to change out the Carb and do a few other minor things. It runs and drives nice. The power top is newer and operates very good up and down.
Factory Exterior Color - Poppy Red (Code 3) Factory Interior Color - Black Crinkle Vinyl (Code 26) - ( upgraded to Pony Interior ).
As known to many, the 65 and 66 GT's were somewhat difficult to authenticate.
- This car has thereinforcing plates for the exhaust hanger studs on each side of the tunnel under the rear seat floor pan.
- This carhastwo bolt holes punched through the rear end of the rear frame rails. They are for the exhaust hanger brackets that support the trumpets on each side of the car. These holes can not be drilled after the car is welded together because the trunk floor is in the way.
- This car has the rear brake hose mounts that are in a higher location,because of the dual exhaust.
- When the fog light switch is activated, the rear tail lights also turn on.
- This car has 13/16" Front Sway Bar
- This car has Quick Ratio Steering Box (Code: HCC-AW for Power Steering) w/ May 25 Date Code
- Has disc brakes with correct master cylinder and proportioning valve.
- Production date of June 1965 - in range of a GT.
- There are a few cosmetic changes that are not indicative of a GT, such as rocker moldings, glove box door, and the 289 hipo badges should be 289 badges. I believe these were changes made by the previous owners through the years?
- After my research and findings, I believe this to be an authentic GT.
For the most part the floors are in very good condition, the passenger front floor has had an amateur repair and is very usable as is, but not perfect. The trunk is very solid.
The motor compartment is very clean and nicely detailed.
The paint shines excellent and looks great, the are a couple minor touch ups. There is no rust in the body. All windows work fine and doors open and close with no issues.
Chrome is in very good condition. All electrical is in working condition. Thank you
Any questions you can send through eBay messenger or call Randy 410-320-7522
1. $500 DEPOSIT THROUGH PAYPAL IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE AUCTION ENDS - NON REFUNDABLE - NO PAYPAL FOR FINAL PAYMENT
2. FINAL PAYMENT IN 3 DAYS - MONEY WIRE - CASH IN PERSON - OR CERTIFIED FUNDS ONLY . ALL FUNDS TO BE CLEAR BEFORE VEHICLE LEAVES.
3. CAR IS LOCATED IN MARYLAND ZIP CODE 21640
4. INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS ARE WELCOMED
5. I CAN ASSIST IN SETTING UP SHIPPING AT YOUR EXPENSE IF NEEDED. I WILL ASSIST IN LOADING OR ANYWAY NEEDED TO MAKE THIS A SMOOTH PROCESS
6. I HAVE BEEN ON EBAY FOR 19 YEARS AND HAVE EXCELLENT FEEDBACK
7. THIS ITEM IS SOLD AS IS, WHERE IS. - THANK YOU.