1967 WM300 Dodge Power Wagon- Flat Fender Civilian Truck...Hard to Find!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Power Wagon
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Engine size:251 Flathead Six
- Number of cylinders:6
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1967 Dodge Power Wagon
1967 WM300 Dodge Power Wagon
Great truck with a known history. I am the second owner. Purchased truck directly from the original fire department owner in Old Saybrook, CT, truck #38. It had a small water tank, reels and all of the pipes, pump and hoses hooked up. That system would have required expensive extensive repair so I couldn’t justify keeping it as a fire truck. All of it was removed to bring the truck back to essentially what it would have looked like from Dodge in 1967 except for the FD markings. The odometer states only 3167 miles. The speedometer does work. I can’t say for sure how accurate the mileage is although the truck was used for fighting brush fires locally near the department. Truck was stored mainly indoors in the firehouse and maintained like most other fire trucks would be(washed and serviced regularly). It has been in a heated garage since I have owned it. Do not let the Northeast heritage sway you, this truck has a super clean undercarriage. I doubt it ever saw a salt road. Even some of the original grease pen markings from factory are still visible!
From a renowned Dodge Truck expert after reviewing the numbers on engine and data plate...
"The truck is a 1967. The engine is an original 1967 25" long 251ci engine from a WM300 so it is probably original (unless there was somehow a fleet of them all the same year and parts got swapped around, very unlikely). The winch is a 1966 date code and it is common to see a winch with a date of the year before the model year of the truck.
Serial #/VIN: 2461693120...24 is WM300...6 is 6 cylinder (251 in this case)
1693120 is the sequential production number from 1967 and the first truck of that model year (all trucks shared the same sequential number range) was 1668000 so your truck is 25,000 trucks into production which is probably a around a quarter of total production. It might've been built in late 1966 due to the way the model years work.
So I'd say everything you shared looks original to me and that's nice to see. Obviously something on the truck may have been changed so without careful inspection I can't swear the truck is 100% original, and of course wear items are sure to have been changed. But compared to many I've seen this one looks pretty correct."
- Truck is straight and essentially free of rust or rot.
- The bed does not have the original wood floor installed as it came from the factory. Plywood is mounted now to temporarily secure it. Use as is or purchase the metal mounting strips and wood of choice to return to factory. All parts are available from Vintage Power Wagons.
- Some holes from fire equipment were welded closed, ground smooth and touched up. There may be a few small holes that were missed.
- Overall the body is very nice. Truck was buffed out completely to bring out the shine. To my untrained eye, cab appears to be mostly original paint with some touch ups and is very nice. The bed has been touched up in several places. Paint is not perfect although any imperfections blend in nicely to add some patina. It also has miscellaneous dings, scratches and chips all around from use as an active duty brush truck. Although it looks really incredible for its age, please do not expect a pristine show truck.
- Cab floors are rock solid.
- Clean, smooth, straight, essentially rust free, no pitting, no separation from the inner frame section. Overall frame is in excellent shape, probably the best I’ve ever seen on one of these and I’ve seen a bunch!
- Has 251 flathead six motor. Pictures of engine numbers shown. Starts easily on choke then idles and runs smooth when warmed up. Link to video of it running and driving down below.
- Intake and exhaust manifold gaskets etc were replaced and both were painted with ceramic paint while off.
- Carb was rebuilt by Treadwell in NY and new mechanical fuel pump installed along with new filter and fuel line from the tank to engine. Gas tank has a few dents but they do not affect anything.
- Muffler and tailpipe are newer.
- NP420 4-speed transmission… shifts into every forward gear and reverse, clutch releases and engages.
- NP200 transfer case…shifts in and out of 4x4.
- PTO… Engages forward and reverse and driveshaft spins the winch.
- PTO Winch… Original date coded winch, see pic (1966 year of manufacture). Operated winch to spool cable out and in. Have not tried pulling anything with it but my guess is that it would pull down a house.
- Vacuum Wipers...they function but most likely need to be rebuilt/resealed as they move erratically. Vacuum hoses removed and plugged currently. Electric wiper kits are available also.
- Brakes…The truck does stop with a few pumps of the pedal. The brakes should be gone through before using on road. This has the rare under bed dual booster and under floor master cylinder that were only available on the late model trucks. Master cylinder is newer but the boosters may need rebuilding as the hose is currently disconnected from engine vacuum and plugged.Everything is there though, just needs to be gone through.
- Tires…hold air and have some tread left, ok for farm use but will likely need replacement to be road worthy.
- Wheels: All original date coded wheels(1966 year of manufacture),except spare.
- Recovered seat…back and bottom. Has original seatbelts.
- Has the original padded dash with flip up to access windshield crank, as seen in the later model trucks.
- New original style headliner/interior trim kit and door windlace.
- Gauge cluster has crack in glass, can be easily sourced and replaced.
- Clean interior overall.
- Lights, turn signals, reverse lights and emergency flashers work.
- Horn works
- Guages work.
- Guages backlighting works.
- Charging system functions
- Plugs were changed, new points etc.
- Heater blower motor works on low and high and blows hot air.
- How fast will it go? A: 45-50mph max. It has super low gearing.
- Can I see it in person? A: yes, but will require refundable deposit, two forms of ID prior and local meeting spot with security cameras-sorry, too many scammers out there. It's not registered and no one will be allowed to drive it.
- Are more pictures available? A: yes, just send a request for what you want, eBay only allows 24. Links below take you to a walk around video and motor running and truck driving.
- Does it have any leaks? A: These probably all leaked from day one! :) Honestly though, I'd say there are only a few places that seep but no major leaks, I never see any big puddles where it's parked...The front knuckles seep a little(there are felt seals that can be easily replaced), there's some grease spray from the U-joints being greased, etc. Basically there are no major leaks that I see.
- Will you take trades? A: No. Sorry.
- Why is the dash black? A: This is correct for this model year. My guess is to reduce glare from shiny paint.
- What is the reserve? A: Undisclosed. Hint: It is well in line with the going rate for these trucks and NOT overpriced. I want to sell it but not give it away so the reserve is fair.
- Can I drive it home? A: I recommend trailering it unless you live real close.
- Why are you selling it? A: I have another project vehicle that I'd like to concentrate on and build.
- How long before it needs to be picked up? A: If it is PAID IN FULL, will give you a reasonable amount of time to arrange pickup/shipping. I do not know of any shipping companies but I am flexible with this timeline as I know it takes some effort to arrange. Needs to be picked up by end of September latest or storage charges will apply.
I’ve tried to be as honest and upfront as possible about the truck but I can’t guarantee that I've covered everything.If you have any specific questions or need any pictures please ask BEFORE bidding. I'll only communicate through eBay so there's a record of it. I have driven it around my neighborhood a few times but not long distance. It's not a full restoration piece but just a nice, clean, unmolested truck. It is highly presentable as is and would make anyone proud to own it. My plan was to use it for puttering around town and Home Depot runs etc. It’s over 55 years old so please don’t expect a warranty or a truck that rides like a new one. Basically, what you are bidding on is one of, if not THE hottest and most desirable vintage trucks on the market. This is a good one and it took a long time to find it. Although I do not need to sell it I will reluctantly let it go if it hits fair market value. If you’ve been looking, you know how difficult it is to find one in this condition and will already have an idea of what something like this is worth. Bid aggressively as trucks like this don’t come along often.
Private sale, not a dealer.Truck will be sold as is, as seen, no warranty. I reserve the right to end the auction at any time for any reason. If you have less than 100% positive feedback, contact me prior to bidding. A $1000 NON REFUNDABLE deposit by PayPal or bank wire is required within 3 business days by the winner or you forfeit the winning of the auction and I am free to sell to someone else. No exceptions. Bank wire only (no PayPal, no other options) for the remaining balance is required within 7 days of auction end. Funds must clear before the truck leaves my possession. There will be no returns allowed for any reason...Ask your significant other prior to purchase. :) I have aclean MA titlein my name.
VIDEO LINKS OF TRUCK RUNNING/DRIVING/WALK AROUND:
LINKS FOR USEFUL INFO: