1968 Dodge D100 Pickup Truck - Classic White, Automatic Transmission
Price: US $9,000.00 Item location: Austin, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: D100 Pickup
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 200000
- VIN: 1187054576
- Color: White
- Engine size: 307
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Dodge D100 PickupBought as a project car for my motor-head teenager. He's now moved on to other things and wants something a bit more modern.
It was procured from a family who renovated and worked on it as a father-son project as well:
- The engine is a 307 small block (I believe - based on a local mechanic)
- The seats are from a more modern pickup,
- The steering column includes 3rd party turn signals and the horn button has been relocated near the stereo.
- The original design of the D100 had the gas tank sitting right behind the driver seat. That has been replaced by a ~15 gallon marine gas tank in the truck bed.
- Tires don't have much mileage on them.
- Includes a modern car stereo system, but we've never been able to get it to work. Not sure if it's the unit or speakers, but it's wired for one when ready.
- Has updated Texas inspection tags (July, 2020)
- Some light rust, but seemed very minimal for a vehicle this old
- Had some issues with coolant leaks in the past, but we think we found the source and addressed the problem permanently.
- Was recently at a local (Austin, Texas) classic car mechanic and restoration shop. In addition to some minor tuning and tweaks, they updated the carburetor to an automatic (no need to use the choke to start) and replaced the automatic transmission. Both are still under warranty until July, 2020.