1958 Chevy Apache 3100 Task Force NAPCO short bed pickup truck
Price: - Item location: Spring Grove, Pennsylvania, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Other Pickups
- Year: 1958
- Mileage: 85000
- VIN: 3A58K103586
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1958 Chevrolet Other PickupsUp for auction is for my 1958 Chevy Apache NAPCO four wheel drive pickup. This truck has been a long term project, which I have enjoyed greatly, but I am getting short on storage space and it may be time to move on.
I bought two trucks to build the one you see here for sale. One was a 1958 factory four wheel drive truck from Pennsylvania which had a good drivetrain and all the NAPCO parts, but it was very rusty. I also bought a nice solid and straight two wheel drive truck from Texas and transferred all the NAPCO equipment into it to make one very nice old truck.
The truck has a lot of character with its sun-faded south Texas patina, but it has had many key parts refurbished or replaced to make it what it is today.
- Rebuilt 235 6 cylinder engine
- New clutch
- New brakes including shoes, wheel cylinders, brake hoses, master cylinder and reproduction stainless brake lines
- New radiator
- New reproduction exhaust system
- New wiring harness
- New fuel tank and sending unit
- New factory turn signals
- New tires on freshly powder coated 17.5” six-lug wheels. I searched long and hard for these rare high ground clearance wheels and I am including the four on the truck plus a spare which has also been sandblasted and powder coated
- Rebuilt steering box
- New windshield and vent windows with all new rubber and seals. The door windows were rebuilt with repainted frames and all new channels, bumpers and fuzzies
- Refurbished seat with new high density foam and custom-made seat covers from Ciadella Interiors in Arizona. The seat was rebuilt using a really nice frame with no broken springs
- The interior was restored with fresh paint and many new parts. New firewall pad, new rubber floor mat, new grommets and seals, rebuilt cab vents, new glove box, etc.
- A new bed wood kit
- New cab and bed mount bushing kit
- Factory V-8 changeover parts including a bell housing and motor mounts
- Lower front fender patch panels
- Stock manual choke carburetor with factory truck air cleaner. The auto choke carb and air cleaner on it now are off a ‘56 Chevy car
- Left and right side mirror mount arms. These were on the factory four wheel drive donor truck and they have an extra vertical support which I have never seen before. They look like factory parts and they may have been an option associated with the four wheel drive package.
- A Unity spotlight which was on the truck when I got it. The light works, but the handle would need repair
- A factory rear bumper and mounting brackets with a new license mount and light
- Spare drivers side door that’s too good to throw out. Buyer can have it if they want it.
- Factory electric windshield wiper motor and arms
- New door weather strips
All the lights and turn signals work, the horn works, gauges all work except for the fuel gauge (must be the gauge itself, as the wiring and the sender are new). The vacuum wiper motor doesn’t work, but a factory electric wiper motor is included with the truck.
Although the truck is not a museum piece, it’s just the way I wanted it - lots of character and lots of fun!