1959 Chevrolet Apache 31 NAPCO 4x4 Truck Pickup 327 V8 1958 1957 Task Force
Price: - Item location: Santa Clarita, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Apache 31 NAPCO 4x4
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Year: 1959
- Mileage: 100,000
- Color: White
- Engine size: 327 Chevy
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: SM420 4 speed
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1959 Chevrolet Apache 31 NAPCO 4x4Up for auction is this great little entry level NAPCO 4x4 short bed pickup! This 1959 Apache 31 was originally a 235 6 cylinder 2 wheel drive truck. The current owner purchased the truck several years ago having already been upfitted with NAPCO Powr-Pak 4 wheel drive, and having had the engine upgraded to a mid 60's 327 Chevy V8. This is a running driving truck. Motor runs real strong. Keeps up with freeway speed traffic just fine. It has been on the road as a daily driver for the past two years. Actual miles are total unknown. Here are the details!
- 1959 Apache 31
- NAPCO Powr-Pak 4x4 running gear
- 327 Chevrolet V8 Block No. FO512HC ( 1965 through 1969 production )
- Camel hump 202 heads.
- Edelbrock high rise intake with 780 Edlebrock4bbl. Nova air cleaner
- Electric fuel pump
- New polyurethane front motor mounts
- New hoses and belts
- New Champion aluminum radiator
- Tough-Stuff alternator
- Tough-Stuff aluminum water pump
- New mirrors, hood latch, tail lights, hood spring, gas pedal
- Smaller reproduction Impala steering wheel
- Easy Rider rifle racks
- Dome light does not work
- Headlights and tail lights work
- Bed wood and strips need replacing.
- Exhaust is in pretty good shape
- No cutout for radio. Bad cutout has been repaired and metal finished.
- Speedo, tachometer, and fuel gauge are dead. Oil Pressure, Temp, etc. work fine.
- Weeping around oil pan and intake, front axle is leaking out of the knuckles.
- Seat needs upholstering.
- Driver door hinge pins have been replaced.
- Wipers work, but really slow. Probably time to rebuild or replace.
- Window regulators are rough. Windows roll up and down but are stiff. Little bouncy out on the road.
- Both doors need to be closed vigorously. Drivers a little worse than passenger. This is typical of an unrestored truck of this age and body style.
- Door weatherstripping is shot.
- 4x4 - Warn M16 hubs. One has a homebrew dial. Both are frozen. need to be pulled, soaked, and rebuilt. Never have tried to engage.
- Transmission: Synchros are a bit rough. Doesn't pop out of gear or anything, just not as smooth as my other SM420 trucks.
- Bed wood and skid strips are rough. The floor is bad plywood. Strips are shot. Previous owner left a carpet and a bunch of junk in the bed that rotted them out.
- Added 8 Snap-loctie downs, E-track type rated at 1,000 lbs. each
- Body and paint... Pictures speak for themselves. It's an old ranch truck!
- Rust in the usual places but all easy fixes. This truck was in the desert, we think, it's whole life so the bad spots are easily patched with commercially available panels. No difficult metal repairs here.
- Tires are very good BF Goodrich T/A LT 255 85 R16 Mud Terrain
Please note that the NAPCO4X vanity license plate does NOT go with the truck!
Truck is for sale locally so we reserve the right to end the auction at any time.
Zero feedback bidders MUST contact me for prior authorization before bidding, or your bid will be cancelled. No exceptions!
Any other questions please contact me and I'll do my best to answer.