1988 VW Fox Wagon - 67,373 miles - Hard to Find Volkswagen
Price: US $4,500.00 Item location: Kendall Park, New Jersey, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Fox
- Type: Wagon
- Trim: Two-Door Wagon
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 67,373
- VIN: 9BWCA0302JP060415
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 1.8L Gas
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Options: Sunroof, Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1988 Volkswagen FoxFor sale is my 1988 Fox Wagon with only 67373 miles on the odometer. (Miles may increase slightly.) This is a nice example of this model, hich is getting hard to find in decent condition. It has been collector owned for many years.
It's equipped with some performance parts:
- Neuspeed/Bilstein suspension (struts, hocks and springs)
- Neuspeed three-point rear tie bar (Mk2 Golf model adapted)
- TSW 15 inch wheels (brand new)
- Audi Fox dual-outlet exhaust manifold
- Techtonics Tuning dual down pipe
- Hella H4 European headlights
The Fox is running well. There are no fluid leaks. I've always used original equipment manufacturer parts for maintenance. Some of the recently installed parts include:
Installed ~1000 miles ago:
- Main fuel pump
- Transfer fuel pump
- Fuel Injectors (4)
Installed less than 100 miles ago:
- Water pump
- Radiator and radiator hoses
- Timing belt and tensioner
- Front crankshaft, ntermediate shaft and camshaft seals
- Valve lifters (8)
- Exhaust hangers
While I think it's in unusually good condition for it's age, t's not perfect. The negatives include:
- AC parts all present and appear to be in good physical shape but the AC isn't functioning. I've never investigated the problem.
- Paint showings signs of age, ncluding: dull in areas around the sunroof, ight scratches and a small ding on the hood and left front fender. See the photos.
- Rust spot on left rear fender lip. See the photos.
- Fuel and temperature gauges stopped working last week. Probably needs a new voltage regulator for the cluster.
- Left Rear brake noisy as of last week.
- Fog light power wiring is disconnected.
- Currently fitted with Golf GTI steering wheel which is not in the best condition.
- Tires have tread but are cracked due to age and need to be replaced.
Please consider the following before bidding:
- Please do not bid on this auction unless you are serious about purchasing the vehicle.
- I've attempted to describe the car accurately and disclose all I know about it but this is an older car and is sold "as-is", ith no warranty.
- The winning bidder is responsible for picking up the car. I can not deliver it or make arrangements to have it shipped.
- The winning bidder is to make a $200 down payment through PayPal within 24 hours of the end of the auction.
- Full payment is to be made within 7 days of the end of the auction by cash (preferred) or cashiers check.
- The car will be advertised for sale locally and the auction may be cancelled if the car is sold by another means.
-Mileage may increase slightly due to test drives.