1980 Volkswagen Scirocco, Southern California Car, 72k Original Miles
Price: US $8,500.00 Item location: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Scirocco
- Type: Hatchback
- Year: 1980
- Mileage: 72,853
- VIN: 53A0013129
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 1.6 Liter
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1980 Volkswagen Scirocco1980 Volkswagen Scirocco. California car with only 72k miles. This car has NEVER left the dry climate of the Los Angeles area since new. Rust free, accident free. Original blue California license plates. Rare FACTORY air conditioning, five speed manual transmission, front and rear spoilers. If you are looking for an original Scirocco, it doesn't get any better or rarer than this!
I purchased this rare car from the original owner two years ago and aside from the paint and upholstery, have kept it all stock. Runs and drives excellent, it is an absolute joy to drive- fast, nimble and agile, the way VW intended it to be. The original 1.6 liter CIS fuel injected engine is very peppy and has great power- engine revs freely like a rally car. Everything is stock and original- original clutch (no slippage or grinding), exhaust, suspension, even the original Michelin spare tire is still there with the factory hold down strap with the jack and tool kit still attached to it. Never modified, always adult owned, so no speaker holes cut out in the door panels and trunk cover as is usually the case with these cars. Yes, even the original window sticker from Michael's Volkswagen in Canoga Park (now Winn VW) is included with the sale, as well as the original owner's and service manual as well. Original six digit (not the later seven digit) BLUE California plates are still attached. I even have the original front license plate which has NEVER been mounted and is in perfect condition both front and rear!
As stated before, I've done only the necessary improvements to keep this Scirocco as original as possible. Shortly after I purchased it from the original owner several years ago, I had the following performed:
- Basecoat/clearcoat PPG paint (original paint was oxidized and had scratches from typical 35 year old paint- no rust anywhere on body, all body panels fit perfectly with perfect gaps from accident free car, doors open/close securely with minimal effort and still have that nice VW "click" sound)
- New black German vinyl upholstery with black/white pinpoint wool centers (original black vinyl seats were worn down, I opted for wool centers for better breathability on warmer days), new upholstery padding as well.
- New Michelin Rainforce tires (original Michelin spare tire in trunk)
- New brakes, tune up, oil change,battery (as stated before, car was running well when purchased so just basic maintenance was needed)
Everything works on the car- factory air conditioning, tachometer, oil temperature sensor, even the factory clock!
These cars will only appreciate in value over time. Especially this example, as you'll be hard pressed to find another low mileage, rust free/accident free, original blue plate California car anywhere around. I will consider ending the auction early with a suitable offer. Bid with confidence!