1988 Volkswagen Scirocco 16V (Twin Cars plus large collection of new/used parts)
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Scirocco
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 16V
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 210,000
- VIN: WVWCB0536HK022076
- Color: White
- Engine size: 1.8 16V
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1988 Volkswagen Scirocco 16V
Included in this sale are two Mk II 1988 16V Sciroccos and a large collection of new/used spare parts. Both cars are white.
Low reserve - Winning bidder gets it all!
I have enjoyed driving, and competed with the primary car at a couple time-trial events as well as occasional street use. It is street legal and registered. I keep it garaged.
The 1st one: Running 1988 16V Scirocco 210k miles, runs and drives great for it's age. It routinely passes state inspection and competitive tech inspections.
Zero structural rust. Paint is faded and there are some areas where pin-prick dots of rust show (similar to a tiny rock chip in the paint). The driver's door has been repaired at some point in the cars history and doesn't show well up close. The lower trim is removed to clean up some surface rust that started under the molding. Time spent with a buffer would do wonders to bring back the paint, or go for a repaint.
- New EBC brakes - slotted rotors and track compound pads.
- Borbett 15x7 wheels. (Original teardrop alloys included)
- Toyo R1R tires 75% left on front, brand new rears.
- Extra length wheel studs and rear H&R spacers to match wheel track F&R.
- Semi-stripped interior (all rear out - saved all parts)
- Sport springs and Bisteins all around with new upper strut mounts.
- SCCH spherical shifter base (installed) and brand new Smartshift sperical bearing shifter linkages (not installed).
- A/C delete with correct OE alternator bracket.
- Power steering delete with new, manual steering rack and poly bushings.
- Sunroof delete (guts removed and steel sunroof panel riveted to main roof with aluminum reinforcing stock. (ghetto, but everyone tells me they love it!)
- Dash is cracked. Leather seats are worn (driver's side).
- Lightweight, mini euro bumpers (very faded and front has a small tweak)
- New door handles and lock pins. Converted right side to no key handle.
- Manual windows.
- Featherweight lithium battery - only 6lbs. Starts with a jump, but should be replaced. I can include a good normal battery.
Everything else works and car is registered for street use. I drive it occasionally on nice days.
The rest of the time it is garaged with the other one...
The other one:
1988 16V Scirocco - 171k, probably a parts car, but complete and could/should be rescued. I have garaged it for the several years I've had it.
- Not running. Very clean and complete, it could be a runner. The wiring harness is damaged (melted in a few places between engine and fusebox).
- Wiring is a candidate for repair or removal, possibly doing something with standalone ECU systems as an alternative. Perhaps a modern engine swap with its own harness.
- The car has a silver hood in good shape. The rest of the car has been repainted at some point in it's life and does have some rust showing through in a few places.
- There was clearly a water leak in the driver's side footwell ahead of the seat at some point, and the floor is rusted through there... this is the only spot and could be easily cut out and replaced.
- I have stripped most of the interior from this car and have all the parts except the carpet (thrown out due to driver's side water contamination).
- The rear spoiler has been removed to clean up back glass (have all parts).
- It has original 14x6 teardrops with budget brand snow tires.
- It is a non A/C car but has a working sunroof.
- Manual windows.
The Extra Stuff:
- Complete 9A 2.0 16V engine from 1991 GTi with transmission that has Quaife limited slip differential. Not sure if stock cams or not. This was destined to go into the running car for a nice power bump, simpler charging system and the benefits of a limited slip diff.
- ECU and a few other goodies included from that car (was a former SCCA ITS and One Lap of America car. Can't remember miles - maybe 100k???)
- Brand new in box lightweight race alternator and serpentine belt conversion kit from EEA Engineering
- Several complete wheel sets. 14x6 Teardrops, 14x6 BMW bottlecaps, 15x6.5 Corrado wheels... possibly more.
- Some brand new performance oriented parts in boxes - poly bushings.
- Two spare driver's side doors (one black one metallic beige).
- Brand new dash cover kit to repair (or cover up cracked dash)
- All interior parts that had been removed.
- Several rear hatch interior covers - one cut up with speakers, the others badly faded but all there.
- Several boxes of collected miscellaneous VW parts.
- Probably more - this is all from memory!!! Everything I have goes with the cars.
I have two albums of photos that eBay won't let me link to in the ad, but I can email to anyone interested.