1962 Triumph TR3B Racing Green Biscuit Leather Restored Performance Upgrades
Price: US $38,950.00 Item location: Devon, Pennsylvania, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Triumph
- Model: TR3B - Restored, Performance Upgrades, Final TR3
- Type: Roadster
- Trim: TR3B w/Performance Upgrades
- Year: 1962
- Mileage: 17,705
- VIN: TCF1354L
- Color: Green
- Engine size: Factory Installed TR4 2138 CC & full synchromesh trans
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1962 Triumph TR3B - Restored, Performance Upgrades, Final TR31962 Triumph TR3B Roadster Rarest and Most Collectible TR3 with TR4 Engine & Full Synchromesh 4-Speed Transmission Triumph Racing Green with Biscuit Leather Interior Restored with Performance Upgrades Serial # TCF1354L
About the TR3B
The Triumph TR3B is an unofficial name given to the final version of the TR3 which wasoffered concurrent with the TR4 between March 1962 and October 1962. The TR3B was a special, hort-production run by Triumph in response to dealer concerns that U.S. buyers might not welcome the new TR4. The TR3B appearance was identical to the late U.S. version of the TR3A.
Two series of TR3Bs were produced, ne with a serial number preceded by TSF of which 530 were produced and one with a serial number preceded by TCF of which 2,804 were produced. The TSF series were identical to the last run of TR3A with the 1998 cc (2.0) liter engine and the TR4 all-synchromesh gear box. The TCF series had the TR4 all-synchromesh transmission and the 2138cc (2.2) liter TR4 engine with 105hp at 4,650 rpm and 127ft lbs of torque at 3,350 rpm. Fuel mileage was around 20 to 30 miles per US gallon and the top speed was about 110mph limited by the gear ratio. It weighed 2,137lbs.
Automobile Magazine (October 2013) featured the Triumph TR2/TR3 in its Collectible Classics series stating:
“The TR3 packs a lot of style in a small package. These Triumphs feature great, own-swept bodywork and faired-in headlights that could almost make them a poor man's Jaguar XK120.
With these cars, he styling isn't just something you admire from the outside; it's integral to the behind-the-wheel experience, s well. The cut-down doors, added along the top, ake for perfect elbow rests. Combined with the delicate, hrome-framed windshield, hey create a real out-in-the-elements experience, lmost like riding a motorcycle.
These Triumphs offer the unfiltered British roadster experience, ith style that belies their diminutive size. Performance that's better than many of their contemporaries makes them enjoyable on the road even today. Simplicity and widespread parts availability help keep them on the road tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, R3 prices have been quietly sneaking higher but have yet to really skyrocket, eaving plenty of appreciation potential.”
- Left-hand drive TR3B built in August 1962 for export to North America.
- Numbers match the factory records - chassis, ody, ngine and transmission.
- Serial # TCF1354, ody # 1917-TSF.
- Triumph racing green with biscuit leather interior. Chrome wire wheels.
- Original 2138 cc engine (TCF1401E) and 4-speed full synchromesh transmission (TSF1828).
- Original factory equipment included heater, lack tonneau cover, ll-synchromesh gearbox, 6 mm pistons/bore engine, indscreen washers, djustable steering column, 90x15 whitewall tires.
- Three owners since 1974 (40 years).
- Ground-up restoration beginning with a numbers-matching car with very straight, riginal body panels and very little rust. Only the rocker panels under the doors were replaced, ll the remaining panels are original. The chrome is original and in very good condition except the face of the right front bumper overrider on which the original chrome has peeled. The previous owner stated he spent over $50,000 on the restoration not including the cost of the car. I have driven the car over 1,000 trouble-free miles since last summer.
- Over $5,000 (parts only) in performance upgrades:
- Interior has leather seating surfaces, oor tops, tc. Black carpets & rubber mats.
- Black soft top, ide curtains and tonneau cover. Soft top frame included but removed because the car is never driven in the rain. I decided not to install the side curtain anchors (included) since I will never use them and prefer the clean appearance of the door panels without them.
- Jack, rass hammer, ool roll, wners manual and spare.
- Great opportunity to buy a wonderful example of a TR3:
- If you have questions or a serious interest in buying this car, lease send me a message via the eBay "Ask Seller a Question" function.
- Selecting the buy-it-now price option is a binding contract and is not an "option" to buy.
- Pre-purchase inspections are welcome and must be completed prior to executing the Buy-it-now option.
- The car is 52 years old and is sold as-is, here-is, ith all faults. No warranties are expressed or implied.
- The car is located in Valley Forge, ennsylvania approximately 20 miles from center city Philadelphia.
- The car can be seen by appointment.
- Seller is the private party owner who holds a clear PA antique title.
- The car is available for sale locally and I reserve the right to end the eBay advertisement at any time.
- The winning bidder shall send a deposit of 10% of the selling price by wire transfer or cashier's check within 48 hours of the end of the auction, nd pay the balance in full within 7 days of the end of the auction.