1977 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser, Frame off restoration, New paint.
Price: US $12,800.00 Item location: Wheaton, Illinois, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Land Cruiser
- Year: 1977
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: FJ40231304
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 4.2L 2F
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1977 Toyota Land CruiserI am selling my 1977 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 with a clear (not rebuilt) titlebecause we have downsized and I have limited parking. This is a Texas truck relocated to IL for a frame off restoration. Truck has never seen snow and has only been rained on oncesince the restoration was completed. All the major restoration work has been done, but there is still a little room to make it your own. If you are looking for a great FJ40, but aren't ready for a full restoration project, this is the one for you!
- Head-turner: I get compliments everywhere I go on the unique yet subtle paint scheme and quality, "Tough". Satin finish has a cool-factor over gloss, but is not as boring as matte.
- Stance: 2.5" Pro-comp lifton 17" Rockstar wheelsw/ 33" BFGs
- Originality:Original parts restored, refurbished, and retained for most of the vehicle.
- Topless: This thing is at its best w/o the top and doors. Looks fantastic and drives amazing.
- Custom satin army green done by American Auto Restoration.
- Custom 17" Rockstar wheels with proper factory offset.
- New lights all the way around.
- Roof painted with durable Rhino Liner.
- Hell-for-Stout front bumper w/tow hooks from Cool Cruisers of Texas
- Door panels, dash, front and rear seats all in great shape.
- Floor coated with rubberized sound dampening finish.
- New boots and knobs on both shifters.
- New pedals
- Rear heater unit(works great)
- Rest is where you can have some fun (knobs, dash paint, mats, stereo, etc).
- 4.2L 2F inline 6 cylinder (bulletproof) engine. Custom painted valve cover matches exterior.
- All original except removal of power choking smog system and addition of electronic ignition to deliver immediate starts and consistent power.
- New clutch and slave cylinder.
- New brakes and master cylinder.
- Rebuilt 4 speed transmission
- Frame sand blasted and recoated with durable epoxy finish
- Pro-Comp 2.5" lift includes new leaf springs, hangers, bushings, and shocks.
- Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings all the way around.
- Underbody coated with sound dampening rubberized coating.
- Total steering system overhaul (steering box, damper, tie rod ends, etc)
- New disc brakes front and drums on rear (factory spec on all)
- Tidy-up the interior (install stereo, replace knobs, add floor mats, install new center console.
- New tires, these still have good tread, but are over 5 years old.
Gas gauge and temp gauge don't work,butnew sending unitin the new fuel tank and rest of instrument cluster does work.
- Install heater ducts under dash so the defroster works.I never use it in the cold/rain so it never mattered to me.
- Tidy-up some of the wiring. Everything works and most of it is cleanly tucked away, but there are a few exceptions, like the way the taillight wiring runs through the rear doors.
- Tint the windows. I think that would look tough, but keep in mind the glass is original.
- Bolt on some fun stuff like bull bars, lights, hi-lift jack, jerry cans, etc.
- Get a bikini top!
- Hit your neighborhood car shows and put a smile on everyone's face!
- All Sales are final, sold as is, where is and without warranty. Please settle all questions and concerns before placing a bid and winning the auction as this is an"AS IS" auction andI do my best to illustrate the FJ’s condition but I may have missed something. It is a used Land Cruiser and 40 years old, it may have imperfections that I may have missed. Do not hesitate to ask questions or come see it in person. I reserve the right to end the auction at any time as this FJ is listed for sale locally.
- A $1,000 non-refundable deposit must be paid within48 hours of auction end time via Paypal. The remaining balance is due within 7 days of the auction end time by an electronic bank transfer, certified check or cash in person. I accept all cashiers/certified checks however they can take up to 2 weeks to process and clear. I will not ship the FJ or let it go until all funds have cleared. Once funds have cleared I will overnight the title and bill of sale to you.
- I am not responsible for any out of state inspections or emissions requirements. The buyer is responsible for all shipping charges, payments and arrangements however I will assist in the process. The FJ must be removed within 10 business days of the auction end time or prior arrangements made at close of auction for an extension. Buyer responsible for shipping arrangements.