Toyota Cressida 1989
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Cressida
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: Grey Accent and Velour
- Year: 1989
- Mileage: 96,057
- VIN: JT2MX83EXK0024790
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 3 Liter double overhead cam 24 valve
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: Cassette Player, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1989 Toyota Cressida Grey Accent and Velour
The Toyota Cressida was the proto Lexus. It was the luxury version in the Toyota line. Cressida is of Greek origin meaning Gold. It stopped being imported into the USA after 1992 as it was at at odds with the Lexus cars for the cost and luxury.
I originally bought this car for myself thru my company. I ended up needing to carry a lot more on sales trips and got a Toyota Land cruiser. I gave the car to my father who used it and bought out the lease. He was doing highway mileage to work and back and kept it garaged its entire life. He transferred it back to me so I could sell it for him. The car is in great shape for a 1989. It has the straight six 3 liter engine. The paint is in nice shape, could use a nice detail. Everything work, A/C, Cruise Control, Radio etc. I drove it about 175 miles from Woodland Hills to Chula Vista and got around 27 mpg cruising at about 70mph. Car rides very smooth and quiet. Has new Michelin tires, and has been serviced regularly. Other than a scuff on the right front bumper and a few minor door dings the car is pretty clean.
â€¢Low Mileage 96,025
*Registration in California to June 2018 (Always in California)
*Garaged whole life
So now the known minor problems:
1) Front right bumper has some scuffs. Might be able to polish them out or paint over. I have pictured these, see the right front bumper from the driver perspective.
2) Carpet wear spots on the Drivers side. My Father tended to use cruise control and set his heel in one of 2 spots. He wore through the base carpet. I have pictures of these posted. An upholstery shop could easily fix this small spots.
3) Driver door rain strip. Some wear were my father being tall sometimes rubbed his head. Again, you could go online and buy a replacement for $40-50.
4) Engine hood struts are out of gas. Replacements are online for $11-24 dollars
5) Professional detail and buff would really bring out the luster.
That's about it. This car is good for another 150,000 miles easily. The straight 6 is a great engine.
Give me a call/text or email me if you are interested
PS: For those of you unfamiliar with the Cressida check out the links below for more information
This car is also listed elsewhere so if it sells before the auction ends I reserve the right to cancel the auction at anytime. Please serious buyers only. No returns on the vehicle will be accepted once the pink slip is signed