74 CELICA GT FULL RESTORATION SANROC DOHC 2.2 MOTOR 2 SOLEX-MIKUNI CARBS NORUST!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Celica
- SubModel: CELICA GT 2.2 DOHC TWIN CARBS
- Type: COUPE
- Trim: GT 5 SPEED
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 1
- Color: YELLOW
- Engine size: 2.2 JDM TWIN CAM DUAL SOLEX-MIKUNI CARBS
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: 5 SPEED
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: TAN
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Toyota Celica CELICA GT 2.2 DOHC TWIN CARBS
As a proud eBAY member with100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK- I am offering A STUNNINGFULLY RESTORED 1974 CELICA GT WITH A CUSTOM BUILT JDM TWIN CAM 2.2 MOTOR!
From 1985 to 1986 this 1974 CELICA GT had a COMPLETE GROUND UP RESTORATION at a cost of over $ 25,000 dollars with all invoices and fully detailed photographs to prove and is in STUNNING condition throughout!
One fanatic meticulous owner since 1975!
THIS 1974 CELICA GT WAS PROFESSIONALLY APPRAISED IN 2005 AT $ 20,000 DOLLARS - THAT WAS 11 YEARS AGO AND IN TODAY'S DOLLARS - IT WOULD BE AT LEAST DOUBLE OF THAT AMOUNT!
THIS IS A TRUE JAPANESE LEGEND AND ONE OF THE FASTEST APPRECIATING TOYOTA MODELS - 1974 WAS ONE OF THE BEST YEAR FOR CELICA GT 2.2 TWIN CAM 5 speed!
For FULLY DETAILED VIDEOS of this STUNNING 1974 CELICA GT - SEE THE LINKS BELOW:
INTERIOR GAUGES WITH ENGINE RUNNING:
DETAILED INVOICES AND FULL PHOTO DIARY:
FOR OVER 120 FULLY DETAILED PHOTOS - SEE THE LINK BELOW:
HERE ARE SOME HIGHLIGHTS:
- 1974 CELICA GT 2.2
- 5 SPEED TRANSMISSION
- JDM 2.2 TWIN CAM MOTOR CUSTOM BUILT BY SANROC-WHITEHEAD PERFORMANCE AT A COST OF OVER $ 5,000 DOLLARS IN 1988 (in today's dollars you could NOT built such a motor for less than $ 12,000 dollars)
- ONE METICULOUS FANATIC OWNER SINCE 1975 that kept a full diary of everything that he spent on his beloved CELICA GT
- REFINISHED TO ORIGINAL YELLOW AS CAME FROM THE FACTORY WHEN NEW (NO COLOR CHANGE)
- ALL INVOICES AND RECEIPTS SINCE NEW!
- COMPLETE, O EXPENSE SPARED, ROUND UPRESTORATION WITH FULLY DETAILED PHOTOS
- TWIN SOLEX-MIKUNI CARBURETTORS
- KONI FRONT SHOCKS
- KONI REAR SHOCKS
- NEW FRONT TRD SPRINGS
- NEW REAR TRD SPRINGS
- MOMO INDY WOOD STEERING WHEEL WITH CUSTOM ALUMINUM BILLET HUB
- OVER $ 25,000 DOLLARS SPENT WITH ALL INVOICES AND DETAILED PHOTOS
- ORIGINAL INTERIOR IN EXCELLENT CONDITION
- NEVER WINTER DRIVEN
- NO RUST
- STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST
- A.T.S. ALLOY WHEELS
- NEWER YOKOHAMA 195/60 14 TIRES
- 1974 CELICA GT was voted IMPORT CAR OF THE YEAR by MOTOR TREND MAGAZINE and it was the first year of the CELICA GT with the chrome bumpers!
EXTREMELY RARE AND JUST BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT!
TOYOTA MOTOR - 2.2 TWIN CAM SOURCED OUT AND IMPORTED FROM JAPAN AND CUSTOM BUILT BY SANROC - WHITEHEAD PERFORMANCE!
SANROC PERFORMANCE TODAY IS CALLED WHITEHEAD PERFORMANCE AND IS THE LEADER IN BUILDING AND RACING TOYOTAS AND DATSUNS!
SEE THEIR WEBSITE:
MOTOR IS IN TOP MECHANICAL CONDITION!
The previous owner sourced out and imported a JDM spec 2.2 CELICA motor from Japan
This motor cost over $ 5,000 alone before any custom machining!
CUSTOM BUILT IN 1988 BY WHITEHEAD PERFORMANCE WITH THE FOLLOWING SPECS:
- custom build JDM engine to customer's specifications
- machine block
- lighten flywheel
- balance buttom end
- port and polish cylinder head
- install bronze valve guides
- install new piston liners
- install 92 mm 11-1 pistons
- complete 3 angle valve job
- resurface the head
- regrind cam shafts
- rebuild and set dual MIKUNI-SOLEX carbs
- assemble the engine
- install MALLORY ignition box
- install CRANE points conversion kit
- install CRANE ignition coil
MOTOR RUNS AND SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
THE INVOICES FROM SANROC-WHITEHEAD PERFORMANCETOTAL OVER $ 10,000 DOLLARS
WORTH OF CUSTOM WORK!
5 SPEED TRANSMISSION
- new TRD clutch - pressure plate, isk and throwout bearing
- machine and surface the flywheel
- shifts excellent in every gear with no chatter or grind
- New KONI shocks in front with new TRD springs
- NEW KONI rear shocks with new TRD springs
BODY/PAINT - FULL GROUND UP RESTORATION BY "BODYCRAFT" IN STONEY CREEK, NTARIO!
- full strip down to bare metal
- remove engine and transmission
- remove everything in the engine compartment
- sandblast the body as required
- remove all glass
- remove both doors
- remove hood
- remove trunk lid
- metal work
- body work
- prep and paint
- refinish in original factory colour of yellow
- assemble doors
- assemble hood
- assemble trunk lid
- paint and install front spoiler
- install rear spoiler
- re-chrome bumpers
The cost of all this work in 1985 was over $ 4,700.00 dollars!
In today's dollars you cannot do this kind of restoration for less than $ 12,000 dollars!INTERIOR - EXCELLENT ORIGINAL CONDITION
- Original interior is in excellent condition for the year
- Never restored and is original
- Brand new correct TOYOTA carpet set in tan
- MOMO INDY wood steering wheel with custom BILLET ALUMINUM HUB
- excellent headliner
- excellent dash
- ALPINE CD Player
- SPARCO floor mats
EXHAUST SYSTEM - STAINLESS STEEL BY SANROC-WHITEHEAD PERFORMANCE
- STAINLESS STEEL rear muffler
WHEELS AND TIRES
- A.T.S. ALLOY WHEELS completely sandblasted and powder coated
- New YOKOHAMA 195/60 14" tires
SOME EXCERPTS FROM THE PROFESSIONAL APPRAISAL DONE IN 2005
"the underside appears are very solid and free from corrosion"
"all chrome handles, ezels, umpers, ouldings, tc. are good originals and stainless steel mouldings are excellent"
I can email this full professional appraisal to all serious buyers.
COMES WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Every receipt from 1975 as the OWNER kept a fully diary of everything that he spent on this CELICA
- FULL photo diary of the complete restoration
- a full professional appraisal and I can email a copy of this appraisal to serious buyers
- Full documentation on the history and development of the 1974 CELICA GT
- ETC. ETC. ETC.
PLEASE ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS AS I MIGHT HAVE MISSED SOMETHING AS THERE IS TOO MUCH TO LIST!
I HAVE A CLEAN ONTARIO TITLE!
A TRUE JDM LEGEND AND PERHAPS ONE OF THE BEST 1974 CELICA GT'S IN THE COUNTRY!
Although this 1974 CELICA GT is in excellent restored condition - it is still a 42 YEAR OLD USED car a will have expected wear and tear.
I DO NOT WANT TO MISLEAD ANYONE AS MYSTANDARDS COULD BE DIFFERENT FROMYOURS.
IF POSSIBLE PLEASE INSPECT ITYOURSELF OR SEND SOMEONE TO INSPECT IT FOR YOU SO THERE ARE NO SURPRISES.
This is what I can see:
- some small bubbles in the paint here and there
- small dent on the passenger's side door
- minor crack in the dash (not visible from inside of the car)
- stone chips in the paint from driving
I WILL ASSIST THE BUYER IN SHIPPING AND CAN ARRANGE DELIVERY TO USA/CANADA, ERMANY, K, USTRALIA OR ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD AT THE BUYER'S EXPENSE. JUST LET ME KNOW WHERE YOU WANT IT SHIPPED.
MY TELEPHONE IS289-597-3017
INSPECTION OF THIS 1974 TOYOTA CELICA GT IS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY AND I WILL GLADLY ANSWER ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS!
JUST CALL ME BETWEEN 9:00 AM AND 11:00 PM EASTERN TIME - MY NAME IS ERIK
CHANCE OF A LIFETIME FOR ONE OF THE NICEST RESTORED 1974 CELICA GT'S IN THE COUNTRY!
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE AS MY 100% POSITIVE REPUTATION SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.
EBAY MEMBERS WITH "0" OR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK - PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO BUY THE CELICA.