AC Shelby Cobra Backdraft Racing w Nitrous
Price: US $25,999.00 Item location: Quakertown, Pennsylvania, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Shelby
- Model: Backdraft Racing Cobra
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Custom
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 5,800
- VIN: DRMVB0000154823MO
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 342 Stroker Ford Racing
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Shelby Backdraft Racing CobraBackdraft Racing #54 Cobra. Approx. 5800 miles. This car is finished in PPG Reflex Silver Metallic. It is a beautiful color! Here is a summary of how the car is equipped as detailed from the previous owner who purchased the car new in 2003 (I purchased the car in 2004):
* Ford Racing block, stroked to 342 (Standard Bore) by Hawaii Racing. 28 oz.
- 4340 Forged Crank
- Forged H-Beam Connecting Rods
- Forged Flat top 10.5 - 1 pistons (Probe)
- Performance Bearings
- Crane Billet timing chain set
- Crane Blue Racer Roller Rockers
- Crane 245-256 w/.595 lift @ .50 Camshaft
- Ford Racing hydraulic lifters
- Comp Cams hardened pushrods
- Melling High Volume oil pump
- Front sump 7 qt. Custom Billet "T type" oil pan with baffles
- Fidanza custom steel Flywheel
- Edelbrock Victor Jr heads, 2.05 intake valves 210cc runners
-Victor Jr Intake
- 750 Proform main body carb surrounded by Bigs modified
metering blocks and float bowls sitting on modified Bigs throttle
- 1.5 qt Moroso Oil Accumulator to pre-lube motor prior to
- Everything on motor is polished, Ford Racing tall valve covers,
intake, water pump, March pulleys etc.
- Clutch is King Cobra
- Trans is a Tremec 3550
- Rear Axle is BMW E36 with 3.15 gears 80/20
- MSD 6 AL ignition with blaster coil 7k redline.
- As with all BDR's, adjustable stiffness of front and rear
This motor was assembled with nothing but ARP bolts (studs on the heads) and fel pro gaskets, except the head gaskets. They are Ford Racing graphite Supercharger/Nitrous gaskets. Much better sealing and prevention of head walk even when not forcing induction. Even the valve cover and intake bolts are ARP (Polished) along with the front balancer bolt. No expense spared on this motor.
Cars is outfitted with 16" (Uncommon) Team III wheels. 8" front, 10" rear. Interior is Black leather, seats and door trim. Tinted visors, windwings, heat shields (polished), polished bumper jacks, reverse lockout shifter, AC pedals and badging on steering wheels and shifter. Full carpet with floor mats, trunk is carpeted also. Push button start, utilizing a key for ON/OFF. Battery cutoff in the cockpit. Chrome fire extinguisher and a first aid kit. Ceramic coated Headers and polished stainless steel sidepipes.
The car also comes with an installed, ready to use nitrous system. The nitrous system consists of the following:
- 4 dash mounted Lucas switches each with their own indicating
light mounted directly above its respective switch
- One switch for arming, one for opening the trunk mounted
bottle, one for turning on the bottle heater, and a momentary
contact for purging the line. There is also a microswitch
mounted on the throttle to activate only when armed and only
at full throttle. So adding an additional 50 to 100 Rear Wheel horsepower is truly at your fingertips.
This car was purchased from Backdraft in June 2003 by another owner (I am the second owner). At the time of purchase the Autometer gauge package (Reverse 180mph speedo) was an option fitted to this car along with the Raydot mirror. The shortblock alone cost over $4500. The car itself is in outstanding near mint condition. Minor rock chips on nose and rear fenders, very minor. I'm pretty anal about it. Car will come with a California Custom indoor car cover and a California Custom 99.9% water proof outdoor cover.
For those not familiar with Backdraft cars they are manufactured in South Africa and do not come in kit form. They are completed rollers less motor and trans. They utilize BMW suspension front and rear, so the rear is fully independant. Besides the ride being a little stiff, (since the car is so light), they truly drive/handle as close to a highline production car as you're going to get.
WILL NOT SHIP - LOCAL PICK-UP ONLY. Cash in full amount due immediately. I have the title (not transferred until all funds clear). Sold as is - no warranty.