RARE CLASSIC 1986 PORSCHE 928S V8! PROJECT CAR/FIXXER UPPER! NO RESERVE!
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 928
- Trim: 928S
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 224,269
- VIN: WP0JB092XGS862840
- Engine size: 4.5 LITER V8
- Drive type: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
- Vehicle Title: Flood, Water Damage Want to buy? Contact seller!
1986 Porsche 928 928S
Offered for an appreciating new owner is this rare classic 1986 Porsche 928S coupe!
THIS IS A NO RESERVE AUCTION OR HIT THE BUY-IT-NOW BEFORE THE FIRST BID IS PLACED!
Finished in original color METEOR GREY METALLIC over slate grey green leather, this 224,XXX miles 928 is a "PROJECT CAR" AND/OR "FIXXER UPPER". It does NOT currently start or run. It recently caught on fire from something under the transmission tunnel. I have not attempted to get it running. It obviously will need to be towed.It is being sold with a salvage certificate. It does have MANY good parts including new correct-color dash, original alloy wheels, two of which have good rubber, good original front and rear leather seats, factory steering wheel and good body parts.PLEASE NOTE: I purchased it to use for parts for my other two but frankly would rather sell at least two of them and keep only one. The other two are a 1988 S4 automatic with 86k original miles [see item number262748274150] and the silver 1983 5 speed [currently listed on san francisco craigslist and soon to be here on ebay also]. See teaser photos of both here. I am open to package deal purchase on two or more!
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this car is in FAIR99.99% RUST-FREE DRY ORIGINAL CONDITION THROUGHOUT! The overall paint finish is decent with some clear-coat failure, nicks, scratches and other blemishes. The front spoiler is cracked and broken and the hood is toasted and warped from the fire.
The interior of this classic Porsche is in FAIR TO GOOD VERY ORIGINALconditionoverall with the previously mentioned new dash, good leather seats. Otherwise the carpets were doused by the fire fighters, the console is broken with missing stereo and I cannot say what gauges and controls function or not.
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
I have not driven this car though told by previous owner that it had a strong running engine, good transmission and brakes though the suspension components were worn. The car will need to be towed!
THE DETAILS AND $$$$$
1. This 1988 Porscheis being sold with clear and clear title. The registration is expired BUT on non-operational status with no additional fees for California buyers. IT WILL BE SOLD AS IS WHERE IS. Iinvite and very much welcome prospective new owners to come see, feel, drive and inspect this car in person.
NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully
2.Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.
AND.....,,,,.PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO PHONE ME, EVAN AT 650-350-8828 TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OR TO SCHEDULE IN-PERSON VIEWINGS AND/OR MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.