1991 PORSCHE 911 Carrera C2 964 RED/BLACK CLEAN TITLE! NO RESERVE!
Price: US $15,600.00 Item location: Madison, Indiana, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 911
- SubModel: CABRIOLET
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Cabriolet
- Year: 1991
- Mileage: 162,524
- VIN: WP0CB2962MS460605
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 3.6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Safety options: Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1991 Porsche 911 CABRIOLETYou are bidding on a beautiful Porsche Carrera 2 Cabriolet. I am the second owner of this vehicle and have owned it for the last 14 years. The car has now 162k miles with its original paint. At 145k miles the engine was completely rebuilt, replacing all vital internal engine components as well as exterior drive train parts like the clutch and oil cooling lines. This professional rebuilt cost me over $15,000. All repair documents and original paperwork are on hand. The engine runs perfect without any issues whatsoever. The car was only used as a weekend car, and always garage stored. There are some things that require attention to make this Porsche 100% again, which I will list shortly.
The reason I have finally decided to sell this car is that I'm spending most of my free time with the grand kids and just don't get around to dedicating any time the car anymore, and it's too nice of a Porsche to be sitting in the garage without being enjoyed.
As mentioned earlier, there are some things that need to be fixed to make this beauty perfect again, so I will try to explain all the defects I know of as good as I can:
1. The convertible top will need to be replaced. As can be seen in the pictures, one part of the cast aluminum frame snapped. This happened one day trying to operate the top, when apparently something got stuck, and I kept holding the button to bring the top up/down. Also, the actual top has a tear in it, and the rear window is bad as well, so the best bet would be a complete used replacement. I got a quote from a Porsche salvage specialist out of California for $3,500 for a good condition complete used top.
2. The Odometer recently decided to stop working. Within the last year, I hadn't driven the car much, and one day after filling up the tank and resetting the trip meter, the odometer stopped working. The speedometer still works. Also, the gauge faces seem a bit brittle, so when the light is turned on at night, it doesn't look pretty. (see picture)
3. The A/C used to work just fine, but since the car has only been driven with the top down, I had never used the A/C anymore, so it might just need a charge. Also, not sure how that ties into the heater, but the blower does not work when I turn the knobs, and there is some temp sensor tied into that, which would need to be replaced.
4. Miscellaneous things that need attention. There is a warning light that sometimes comes on and then goes off again (see picture). The owner's manual says that if the light comes on, the cooling fan belt is broken, This light has been occasionally coming on for a long time now, and the belt seems fine, so maybe there is a sensor that is not reading correctly. The small mirror in the sun visor for the driver is broken. And as can be seen in the pictures, there are a few small dings, some rock chips, and the passenger side fairing has a rubber that keeps coming out. There are also some paint crack by the rear bumper, and the center portion of the tail light strip has a crack in it. (see pictures)
These are the things that would need to be repaired to make this a perfect Porsche again. Other than that, the vehicle is in perfect driving condition, and I would not hesitate taking a long distance trip with it. As stated above, the clutch has approximately 18k miles on it, and the transmission shifts perfectly smooth through all gears. The engine runs perfect, and there are no leaks of any kind that I have found. There is also no rust on the vehicle, as it has spent most of it's life in dry climate and always been garage kept.
All in all I have over $45,000.00 invested in this vehicle. I know there are some things that need attention, but since the heart of this Porsche is in near perfect condition, this could make a perfect project car for a lot less than it's actually worth.
Please bid with confidence, and don't hesitate if you have any questions. This is a NO RESERVE auction and the car will go to the highest bidder.
SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY, PLEASE!