1979 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Grand Prix
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: SJ
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 155,974
- VIN: 2H37W9P601900
- Color: cream/gold
- Engine size: 301 4bbl
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Pontiac Grand Prix
I've owned this car since 1981, college car. Driven daily until the kids came along, then had to use a car with shoulder belts in the back. It's gotten maybe 100 miles per year over the last decade. It either stays in my garage or out back under wraps. I really don't see driving it a lot and the wife has informed me that it's time for the Grand Prix to go, and I have to agree. I"ve put a couple of hundred miles over the last couple of weeks just to shake out any issues. Haven't found any.
So here are the particulars:
CONDITION: Good. Rust free except for surface rust.
- Car has spent a majority of its road life in Alabama, Mississippi and Texas.
- Engine:3rd engine approx 25k miles 301 with the 4bbl (W-car)
- Transmission: On third transmission, Turbo 350. Still shifts great.
- Interior, needs work see pictures. Headliner is gone and the seats could use recovering
- The clock quit working so I replaced it with aVacuumgauge many moons ago.
- Exterior, paint is thin in spots, some surface rust.
- Windshield Cracked, took a Hail stone.
- Front end was rebuilt 2k miles ago.
- Transmission and Engine are strong.
- Cruise control works
- Rear end is fine.
- Newer Brakes
- New Tires 235/60/14 on Cragar Rims.
- New radiator.
- New Power steering pump
- Bit of a bugger to start first thing in the morning andorneryuntil it warms up.
- 6x9's in the doors and subwoofer in the trunk, 4x10's in the back. ( I had to mod the doors to accept the 6x9's, seemed like a good idea at the time.)
- Driver side mirror control does not work properly.
- cassette player.
A/C is still R-12 and still has slight pressure but not working. Drivers side lock was punched out back in the 80's. The folks still could not get in the car, I just put the lock back in then added an extra level of security over the lock.
Feel free to ping me with any questions, I'll answer them to the best of my abilites.