1964 F85 Vista Cruiser Wagon REDUCED AC 3 Seat RARE SURVIVOR PATINA Driver 330
- Condition: Used
- Make: Oldsmobile
- Model: Cutlass
- SubModel: Custom
- Type: Wagon
- Trim: Vista Cruiser
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 81,000
- VIN: 824M298634
- Color: White
- Engine size: 330 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Options: Third Row Seat
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Oldsmobile Cutlass Custom
UPDATE: Relisting on this account due to no free listings on other account. We are VERY serious about selling so someone is going to get a really good deal on a super rare GM wagon!
Up for sale is a super rare first year numbers matching 1964 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser Custom Series 9-passenger wagon with factory air! Some of its newer or notable points include:
- Dual exhaust all the way out to the rear.
- Very expensive gel battery
- Engine has been chromed out with period Mickey Thompson valve covers and a chrome air cleaner. Also new chrome alternator.
- It’s just been completely tuned and serviced and runs like a top! The transmission shifts correctly and doesn’t leak fluid, or the motor oil for that matter.
- The factory air components are all hooked up, but it needs a shot of Freon.
- The interior is mostly original and does show some wear and tear (patina). The front seat has been reupholstered in the original design and color. The dash pad has been replaced at some point and is in decent condition. Has a new gas gauge that works. All lights, horn, ORIGINAL RADIO, turn signals, wipers, heater, etc. work with a new antenna.
- Brand new tires and a set of American Racing wheels with less than 50 miles on them!
- New shocks and brakes
- Rear tailgate has power window that works and the gate functions properly.
- Just repainted in its original color of Provincial White
- Rear two seats all fold down for hauling, which is a really nice feature.
It’s got some rust in the usual Vista places (quarters, rockers, around the windows, etc.) and the upper glass will need some repair work (no leaks though), but it does have all the original sheet metal, floor pans, quarter panels, etc. It’s got quite a bit of potential and makes a nice appearance as you can see in the pictures especially as a driver, which is what we've used it for. Not a show car, more of a go car. According to the previous owner, it was owned before him by an Olds mechanic of 30 years, which is why it is so well-maintained mechanically. The odometer shows ~81,000 miles, but the drivetrain has less on it.
It’s one of 7000 built originally in the top of the line Custom series, making it a rare wagon with so many factory options! All in all, it is a running working wagon and a fantastic example of a rare 3-seat Vista Cruiser survivor from the first year. My Dad did a lot of general maintenance, detail-work, etc. over the last 3 months. We have a clear Ohio title with no liens. Below is a break-down of the VIN and Trim Tag along with the NADA book value and some additional pictures.
This vehicle is over 52 years old and is being sold AS-IS with NO guarantees expressed or implied. We are not responsible for shipping, the buyer will need to make arrangements, we will help load. We are open for pick-up times due to my father being retired. Please feel free to contact us if you'd like to schedule an appointment to view the Cruiser in person. Also, if you have any questions, please ask them PRIOR to making an offer. The external information provided (i.e. the Vin Decoder, Trim Tag Decoder, Book Values, etc.) are not guaranteed and just provided here as a general reference. Please be sure to review and assess the condition for yourself through the description and pictures provided. Thanks for viewing our listing!
NADA Book Value
|330/290 HP V8 Engine||15%||15%||15%|
Low Retail Value
This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning. The exterior paint, trim and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning. May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. Most usable ‘as-is’. This value does not represent a ‘parts car’.
Note: Some of the vehicles in this publication could be considered ‘Daily Drivers’ and are not valued as a classic vehicle. When determining a value for a daily driver, it is recommended that the subscriber use the low retail value. " >
Average Retail Value
This vehicle would be in good condition overall. It could be an older restoration or a well-maintained original vehicle. Completely operable. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are presentable and serviceable inside and out. A ‘20-footer’." >
High Retail Value
This vehicle would be in excellent condition overall. It could be a completely restored or an extremely well-maintained original vehicle showing very minimal wear. The exterior paint, trim, and mechanics are not in need of reconditioning. The interior would be in excellent condition.
Note: This value does not represent a '100 Point' or '# 1' vehicle *.
* '100 Point' or '# 1' vehicle is not driven. It would generally be in a museum or transported in an enclosed trailer to concours judging and car shows. This type of car would be stored in a climate-regulated facility." >
1st digit - Engine - 8 = V8
2nd digit - Series Code - 2 = F85 Cutlass
3rd diglt - Model Year - 4 = 1964
4th digit -Assembly plant code M = Lansing,MI
Last 6 digits - Production number 298634
Trim Tag Decoder:
Date code: 07B- Second week of July (1964)
style: 64-3265 Vista Cruiser Custom (9-Passenger) (7,286 produced)
body: la (Lansing) 6224
trim: 393 (? couldn't find, but assume blue since the bulk of the interior is original)
paint: c-c (Provincial White)
acc: g-2k-3d G = (? couldn't find) 3D=(?couldn't find)2K= Air Conditioning
(Oldsmobile tailgate decal added after these photos were taken)