1991 Datsun 240SX 11K original miles
- Condition: Used
- Make: Nissan
- Model: 240SX
- Type: Fastback
- Trim: Stock o.e.m.
- Year: 1991
- Mileage: 11,591
- VIN: JN1MS36P2MW005174
- Color: Misty Blue Metallic
- Engine size: Stock o.e.m.
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 5-spd manual
- Drive type: Stock o.e.m.
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1991 Nissan 240SXMint 1991 Datsun 240SX, -speed manual. Was driven on sunny summer days by the original owner (my Dad) in Ohio until he accumulated about 9,555 miles. It was then put into dry storage around 1995. He then occasionally started it up to keep the battery charged. I brought it to Arizona last November and had Thoroughbred Nissan in Tucson go through the car with a fine comb, hanging all the fluids, elts, oses, ires, tc. to the tune of $3600. With the exception of the items the dealer replaced, he car is 100% original. It now has 11,591 miles. I was going to keep it forever, ut life does not always co-operate does it?Note: For those who bid on this car before I ended the action early, apologize but I did it for the following reasons:1) We were a car short at home and I had to grudgingly drive the car to work. The car now has 11,591 miles rather than the 11,343 in the original ad.2) That was the first time I have driven the car more than around the block, y wife has been driving it more. I did find that there is sometimes a slight gear grind in 3 - 4 upshifts and downshifts depending on road speed. My wife says she has no problems with upshifts and just double clutches on downshifts. My Dad claims the car had the same 3-4 slight shift issue when it was brand new. He also tells me that the Datsun dealer told him that the issue was common to all 240SX's. (?)3) Naturally I was extra careful to park the car well away from other cars at work and naturally, ome bozo put a small scratch in the right front fender. I have added a photo of this new scratch. Here are a few small flaws:
- There is small stain in the paint on the right front fender below the headlight. It looks like a few drops of something was spilled on it and it affected the paint. I have not tried to buff it out as I am not a bodyman and did not want to make it worse.
- On the top of the right rear fender is a 1/8” diameter shallow dent which was filled at some time with touch-up paint.
- Right front fender in front of the door, s a very shallow vertical 3" dent where Dad dropped a broom against the car.
- Just above the exhaust pipe is a 1” long vertical crack in the bottom edge of the bumper. It looks like the muffler extension was bounced up into the bumper. The extension is also slightly out-of-round. Hard to see the crack.
- All these flaws are shown in the photos.
The car runs like a top and the interior shows no wear whatsoever. The original spare (never on the road), actory tool kit, ack and owners manual are intact and it includes a factory repair manual and an aftermarket cover. It could go right onto the display field at a car or collectors show.
The car has a clear Arizona title.Transportation is the responsibility of the buyer.