MGB 3.4L V6 British Muscle Car
- Make: MG
- Model: MGB
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 53500
- VIN: GHN5UA187539G
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 3.4L V6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 MG MGB
CONVERSION CAR WITH 3.4 L V6 engine - 160 HP. I listed this a couple of months ago for auction. I have fixed the major problems listed before.
This car has a 1994 3.4 liter Camaro engine and T5 5-speed manual transmission installed. I bought the drivetrain from a hot rod shop, it was a rear-end wreck with 80,000 miles on it. This is one of the more common MGB conversions. The engine is about the same weight as the original 1.9 liter engine. Google britishv8 to explore the whole subculture of British car conversions. This car has a clean California title and is exempt from smog testing.
Mileage: 53,500 (52,000 on the old speedometer [which I still have, see pic] - 1,500 on the new one).
The Camaro engine bumps up horsepower from 92 to 160. Needless to say the combination of this with the light weight of the MG produces a very high performing sports car. The acceleration is thrilling and it cruises nicely at 95 mph. This car is a real head turner.
Here are some of the highlights:
* The Camaro engine is fuel injected - low maintenance and longer engine life than carburetors.
* Repainted in British racing green.
* The radio/CD player and speakers are brand new.
* Tan leather interior with tan carpet with under-carpet insulation.
* The wire wheels are chrome finish.
* Tires have good tread.
* The dashboard is from a later model MGB (76-80) and it has 6-dial VDO gauges. It has a glove compartment which is better than the ugly "pillow dash" that was standard for the 1970 model.
* The soft top and boot cover are quality canvas.
* It also comes with a vinyl tonneau.
* There is a remote battery connector for trickle charging, handy for the winter.
* This is a California car, so no rust.
* The car has a custom exhaust with catalytic converter, it has a nice beefy sound.
* I have extensive paperwork which documents all the improvements / changes I have made to this car.
This car is in excellent condition, there are a few minor cosmetic imperfections here and there, but it's still an absolute stunner.
My preferred method of payment is to meet you at your bank where you purchase a cashier's check, although I will consider other methods. I can facilitate shipping the car my end if needed.
Please contact me if you would like to see the car.