Gorgeous Mercedes Benz 450SL Convertible - Show Stopper
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 400-Series
- SubModel: 450SL Convertible
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1980
- Mileage: 118,500
- VIN: WDB10704412065697
- Engine size: 4.5 Liter, V8, 3 Speed
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1980 Mercedes-Benz 400-Series 450SL Convertible
Hey Mercedes Benz Lovers - It’s Sadie’s 35th Birthday!
Yes, 5 years ago this Mercedes Benz 450SL convertible was born – you remember those days, t’s 1980 and you’re cruisin the boulevard and all the latest hits are playing: Call Me, nother Brick in the Wall, razy Little Thing Called Love, unky Town, ost in Love, abe, ailing, oo Hot, iggest Part of Me, nd who could forget Michael Jackson’s “Rock with You”!
Well, ere it is 35 years later and you can relive those days once again, ause Sadie’s back! Oh sure, hen we got her she had some dents and scratches, er shocks were sagging, arred interior, eadlights were going dim, logged lines, nd even some missing parts (I’m sure you can relate)…but it’s a new day and Sadie has a new lease on life – eager to relive those days of old – but this time with more power, ore agility, nd definitely more beauty.
So for anyone who is looking to reminisce days of old, riving with the top down and the wind through your hair (or lack thereof), he’s ready to enjoy the ride with you!
Alright, lright, know some of you are saying, Enough of the Karaoke and memory lane, couldn’t even afford that car in 1980, o let’s get to the facts…what are we getting here, ust another “pretty face with a little nip and tuck?” No, o, o…she’s a complete makeover from the inside out, o here we go:
Bodywork and paint were professionally done by me (25 years as a Professional Auto Body painter) about 1 ½ years ago. Paint was originally red, ar was disassembled, nd properly recolored to its current color which is a late model Cadillac color WA102V (Silver Coast Metallic - a silver/gold/platinum tone). Bodywork is arrow straight - paint is flat and smooth with 3 coats of PPG clear.
- Always an Arizona car
- 100% rust free body, ever wrecked
- Installed the preferred Euro Bumpers
- New weatherstripping around doors and windows
- New windshield
- All other glass in excellent condition
- Chrome and Brightwork in great condition
- Newer soft top (looks brand new)
- New Panasonic stereo with Blue Tooth and remote (JL Audio Amp), L Audio 10” Subwoofers, ” JL Tweeters in Front, ” Kenwood Midrange in door – Excellent Sound
- All instruments on dash work (even the original clock)
- All VINs are matching
- Subframe is reinforced due to manufacturer recall
Wheels and Tires:
- New BBS style 17 x 9 rims
- New 225/45/17 tires
- Original engine with 118,500 miles
- 4.5 Liter V8, Speed Trans
- Engine and undercarriage are extremely clean, evoid of grease and dirt
- Engine starts quick and smooth, uns great
- New timing chain and guides
- Heads were removed and cleaned
- New valve seals installed with new head and manifold gaskets
- New belts and hoses
- New Bosch injectors
- New coil and distributor
- New Bosch plugs
- Newer fuel pump with filter
- New fuel lines
- Fuel system is very clean
- Newer battery
- New muffler
- Exhaust is in very good condition
- Trans shifts great, ewly serviced with gaskets and filter
- Newly rebuilt Servo
- New auxilary heater water pump
- Vacuum lines were checked and replaced where needed
- New AC compressor with new dryer expansion valve
- New high pressure hose
- New rotors
- New pads
- New brake hoses
- Car was lowered 2 ½” in rear and 3” in front (can be raised back to stock height – have replacement springs for front, ut not back)
- Drives very nice, o pulling
- All joints and bushings in great shape
- Steers nice and tight
- Steering gear does not leak, ew seals
- New carpet
- New seat covers
- New dash cover
- All interior was reconditioned
- All interior dash and dome lights work
- Original owner’s manual, ool kit, nd many repair and parts receipts
- Clear title and clean Carfax in hand
- Photo 14 is most accurate interior color (Cream/Beige)
To sum it up, here are a lot new parts on this beauty or many that have been restored.
But, s with anything that has aged, here’s always some imperfections when you take a really close look (just ask some of our Hollywood friends):
- Slight damage on left side hardtop chrome edge
- Ding in front bumper and chrome imperfections on right side, ear bumper (see pics)
- Small chips as a result of sitting in garage over the past year (see pics)
- Couple of very small leaks
- Stiff throttle initially when pressing gas pedal
- Fuel gauge flickers at ¼ tank and under
- AC compressor works (new with new dryer expansion valve), as Freon, ut may be low, lows but not cold
- Light tapping engine sound when at full operating temperature – only when idling, eems to leave when revved
- Cruise control is all there, ut not functioning properly (no one uses it anyway)
- Have clear title in my name, ut has not been licensed, ast shown emissions test in 2006 per Carfax (passed)
Thanks for looking! More photos available, f needed!
Please ask ALL questions PRIOR to bidding.
No refunds or returns.
Vehicle is sold "As Is", o expressed or implied warranties.
Cash or can arrange wire transfer. No loans...will not wait for loans to go through.
Buyer is responsible for all shipping charges and logistics!
Deposit of US $1,000 within 24 hours of auction close.
Full payment and pickup required within 7 days of auction close or item will be relisted.