1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier w/P71 Brake/Suspension/Audio Upgrades
Price: US $900.00 Item location: Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Lincoln
- Model: Town Car
- SubModel: Cartier
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: Cartier Sedan 4-Door
- Year: 1992
- Mileage: 257,000
- VIN: 1LNLM83W2NY758054
- Color: Metallic Blue
- Engine size: 4.6L 281Cu. In. V8 GAS SOHC Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue Leather
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1992 Lincoln Town Car CartierCondition
You are bidding on a nice 1992 Lincoln Town Car - Cartier Edition. The good:
4.6L V8 w/Factory Dual Exhaust (210hp Interceptor, recently tuned up), 257k miles, runs good
- Recently rebuilt 4-speed automatic (previous owner)
- Newer air ride bags, newer compressor, air ride works great
- Heavy Duty Limo alternator (130 AMP) and newer battery
- New fuel pump / sending unit
- New power steering pump and lines
- Air conditioning is ice cold (literally can see your breath after about 10 minutes)
- Rear end serviced w/ new seals
- Front suspension rebuilt (tie rods/ball joints/everything), new Motorcraft shocks on all four corners
- Upgraded to '96 spindles with new Timkin wheel bearings and ABS sensors
- Upgraded '98-02 P71 Police Interceptor brake package (Motorcraft rotors/pads, all new calipers and hoses)
- New Master Cylinder
- Upgraded '98-02 P71 Front Sway Bar (29.5 mm)
- 1995-97 Town Car 16" wheels with new tires + new full-sized spare/rim
- Pioneer Head-unit (MP3/USB/AUX) w/ Pioneer 3 and 4 way speakers front and rear, Pyle powered mini-sub tied into factory JBL Audio system (factory connectors and baffles, also included bypass harness to tie factory system into aftermarket amp).
Runs and drives great. Clean title, good inspection sticker, but now inspection exempt in the state of New Jersey.
Now the not so good... it is a 24 year old car. Lots of life in it, but it needs some attention in the following areas... Driver side seat bottom is worn and needs recovering. The ABS system works great, but over time pops the relay. The Air Bag system is inoperative, and I believe it's do to needing a new module behind the glove box. It could use valve stem seals, and it sounds like one of the lash adjusters is on its way out (taps at idle, fine off idle). The intake boot rubber is cracked between the throttle body and the tube, which intermittently causes the engine light to come on and off. There is some rust in the lower rear of the rockers under the body cladding. Driver side door needs window regulator track reattached.
Not a perfect specimen, but not your typical Town Car ether. It handles and stops like a Police Car, cruises like a Lincoln should; smoothly. It is like driving around in your own personal cloud. Lot of money in it to do it right. Hopefully someone with more space can take it to the next level.
Images are not the greatest, please inspect the car in person before bidding.
Terms of Sale
By placing a bid on this item, you are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase the above-described item.
I have made every effort to ensure the accuracy of this description. Feel free to contact me with any further questions you might have. All sales are final.
Full payment must be received within 3 days of the close of the auction, unless prior arrangements have been made. Payment on pickup ONLY; no PayPal, no checks, no exceptions.
This item is being sold 'as-is', with no warranty expressed or implied.
Local pickup ONLY.
Good luck and happy bidding!